• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Von_Blucher_1 #21 Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4228 battles
  • [KCS1]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 26 November 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

This is the all-too-common myopic & self-centered view. 

You are engaging in and endeavor with other persons. Have some respect. Would you do the same thing with chess, basketball, Scrabble, etc? Forcing others to deal with your inability to contribute to quality of gameplay?

Finding people that don't care about others is easy. Strive to not be such a commoner. 

The other examples you mentioned are real life sports.  Many of them people play for a living.   Its a livelihood.    It takes physical world and often a lifetime of training.       This is a video game which has no impact on the world or people's lives.        Again, if you allow a game to get you so bent out of shape, you need to go hide in your safe space.        Its ironic that you call me "selfish" for telling someone to play the tanks he wants to, while you are the one who is trying to dictate how others play.       If hypocrisy is bliss, you must be in utopia.   

You are probably one of those who goes on a childish temper tantrum in the chat whenever you lose a match, because someone else didn't play how you wanted them to.  

All I can say is get a life.    Try a little harder at being a productive human being.        I've encountered plenty of your type in the game.   When you throw your little tantrums it honest cracks me up.    I've defended plenty of other players from people like you.  And ill continue to do so.     

I like to win.  I want to improve.  I put my best foot forward with everything I do.  But I also have perspective on things.        When you attack someone because they dared to play at "your tier" in a video game, you have got some issues.        

Seriously man.  Grow up.     

Dolly_Sod #22 Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:40 PM

Highland Bog

• Players
  • 20814 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 26 November 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

The other examples you mentioned are real life sports.  Many of them people play for a living.   Its a livelihood.    It takes physical world and often a lifetime of training.       This is a video game which has no impact on the world or people's lives.        Again, if you allow a game to get you so bent out of shape, you need to go hide in your safe space.        Its ironic that you call me "selfish" for telling someone to play the tanks he wants to, while you are the one who is trying to dictate how others play.       If hypocrisy is bliss, you must be in utopia.   

You are probably one of those who goes on a childish temper tantrum in the chat whenever you lose a match, because someone else didn't play how you wanted them to.  

All I can say is get a life.    Try a little harder at being a productive human being.        I've encountered plenty of your type in the game.   When you throw your little tantrums it honest cracks me up.    I've defended plenty of other players from people like you.  And ill continue to do so.     

I like to win.  I want to improve.  I put my best foot forward with everything I do.  But I also have perspective on things.        When you attack someone because they dared to play at "your tier" in a video game, you have got some issues.        

Seriously man.  Grow up.     

Lol..

I watch Magnus Carlsen play online chess and he takes it pretty seriously.   Blitz takes time to get good, and it is definitely frustrating when someone races up the tiers and ends up being completely useless to the team.  

Even amateur Basketball, Soccer, Football etc teams wouldn't take kindly to some moron putting their helmet on backwards and running around saying "it's just a game, don't take it so seriously", "you're not making a living at this, I'm just here for fun!".  

Just because you don't take blitz seriously, doesn't mean everyone is like you.  

Edited by Dolly_Sod, 27 November 2020 - 02:40 PM.

__V_O_P__ #23 Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 53416 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 27 November 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

Seriously man.  Grow up.     

looking forward to seeing you on red. at its heart, this is a team game. once you press battle you’ve volunteered to fight as part of the team. if you choose to not contribute because you’re not ready, didn’t have enough credits to buy ammo, or you just don’t care to, then I think you’re opening yourself up to criticism. you can say that people have issues if they find fault in that, and up to a certain point I’d agree, you have freedom to play how you want and at what tier you want but you also have a responsibility to contribute constructively as well. 

krietenstein34 #24 Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33787 battles
  • [HAHA]
 Cockroach alllllll day long.   Just to have in the garage for Gravity Mode
:girl:

jahawa #25 Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19847 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 26 November 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

Seriously man.  Grow up.     

Here we go again. Another self righteous nub. You may make some fair points, but I've seen guys like you over and over on these forums trying to make an excuse for their game play and why it's ok to be bad at this game. Yes it is just a video game. Yes, in the overall scheme of things, it is meaningless. But so are all of the other things you mentioned. Don't be saying you are not a hindrance to your team, because you are. You don't contribute, and that is a fact.

So don't come on here spout off your pablum. We've heard it a plethora of times here. If you want to play the way you play that is fine. But be grown up enough to take the abuse that you are going to get for your bad play. I got raged at the other day in a tier 8 skirmish playing on mobile where I suck. (I play KBM) I deserved it, because I didn't contribute to the team. Missed a lot of shots. I think the guy was a little over the top; he was from a top clan, but he saw only 1 game out of many that day that I played. He caught me on a really bad one.

You've been on here quite a bit recently and I really think you are trying to improve and learn the game. Right now you are too myopic so see your shortcomings in this game. Check back in a year if you've learned how to play this game and see if your attitude hasn't changed. You will see players just like you trying to justify there inability to play.

Your right though. It doesn't really matter at all. But if you understood the effort many players put into this game, you might change your tune.

Edited by jahawa, 27 November 2020 - 04:27 PM.

Von_Blucher_1 #26 Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4228 battles
  • [KCS1]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 27 November 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

looking forward to seeing you on red. at its heart, this is a team game. once you press battle you’ve volunteered to fight as part of the team. if you choose to not contribute because you’re not ready, didn’t have enough credits to buy ammo, or you just don’t care to, then I think you’re opening yourself up to criticism. you can say that people have issues if they find fault in that, and up to a certain point I’d agree, you have freedom to play how you want and at what tier you want but you also have a responsibility to contribute constructively as well. 

I have played sports my whole life.    Not once did I ever tell another player to quit playing.   Not once did I ever throw a temper tantrum if my pitcher gave up a homer and lost the game for us.      I HELPED them.   Even if I thought they didn't have the skill to play at my level, I never acted condescending or made them feel they didn't belong    

Look I get it, the reason you live is for WOT.      Your lifetime accomplishment is being a tank "ace" in a video game.      Yea maybe I admire you for being "good" at the game, but I also pity you that this is what makes you feel as though your life is worthwhile.  

So you think just because your "good", that you can curse out other players who don't have your "skill".   You think you have a right to belittle them and shame them just because they aren't on "your" level.    That speaks a lot about your character as a person.  Whether you like it or not, that is more important than any game.     

When you lose, you go on a tantrum and blame the other players on your team because they, "aren't as good as you, and shouldn't be playing tier 8".   

Get over yourself man.     

I love to win just as much as anybody.  Like I said I always strive to do well and help my team.  But I will not be told not to play because I'm not "good".   I will not be told what tank I can and cannot use.     I will not do the same to others either.   

And ill also put whiny children like you in your place.       If you ever throw one of your tantrums in a game I'm a part of, ill report you.  Not that anything would happen anyway.    

I love the forum.   Many people have helped me along the way.   Without acting condescending or childish like you.  

How about instead of blaming your losses on "bad players", you become better yourself?     If a "bad player" cost you that many games, well then you aren't very good yourself.    

Edited by Von_Blucher_1, 27 November 2020 - 04:39 PM.

Von_Blucher_1 #27 Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4228 battles
  • [KCS1]

View Postjahawa, on 27 November 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

Here we go again. Another self righteous nub. You may make some fair points, but I've seen guys like you over and over on these forums trying to make an excuse for their game play and why it's ok to be bad at this game. Yes it is just a video game. Yes, in the overall scheme of things, it is meaningless. But so are all of the other things you mentioned. Don't be saying you are not a hindrance to your team, because you are. You don't contribute, and that is a fact.

So don't come on here spout off your pablum. We've heard it a plethora of times here. If you want to play the way you play that is fine. But be grown up enough to take the abuse that you are going to get for your bad play. I got raged at the other day in a tier 8 skirmish playing on mobile where I suck. (I play KBM) I deserved it, because I didn't contribute to the team. Missed a lot of shots. I think the guy was a little over the top; he was from a top clan, but he saw only 1 game out of many that day that I played. He caught me on a really bad one.

You've been on here quite a bit recently and I really think you are trying to improve and learn the game. Right now you are too myopic so see your shortcomings in this game. Check back in a year if you've learned how to play this game and see if your attitude hasn't changed. You will see players just like you trying to justify there inability to play.

Your right though. It doesn't really matter at all. But if you understood the effort many players put into this game, you might change your tune.

You called me "self righteous" and "nub" in the same sentence.   [edited].     Don't throw stones in a glass house man.         I'm not self righteous, I'm simply right, as you have shown.   

I've improved massively since I started playing because I'm competitive. I have a passion for everything I do.     

You can have passion. But that doesn't mean you have to be verbally abusive to your fellow players.      I remember a game I played last week where my cell signal dropped out for some reason.   I could barely get my Tiger to move 10 ft.  I was angry.  I was frustrated.   Eventually I was blown to bits, at no fault of my own.     You know what happened?   During that time, someone just like you was having a tantrum, cursing at me and such.     He didn't even deserve an explanation so I gave him none.     

See, when I come on the forum and see people like you guys, telling someone they shouldn't play...I think of that incident.    

When I see players verbally attack others just because they had a rough game, i think about yoi guys.    I'm sure your conduct in game isn't much different, you and VOP.  

Almost every time I have a bad game, I apologize to my team.      If I have a great game and we still lose....I'm not like you guys.   I won't rant in game chat how terrible my team is.    You win some and you lose some.  That will never change.    Yea you will win more if your good.     But that is about YOU.    Like I said, if you feel like "bad players" are costing you enough wins to become that angry, then you are the issue.    Not them.     

My in game reputation speaks for itself. Not one negative remark.   Ask any of my clan mates what they think of me.   Not one will tell you that I don't fight like a demon at all times.      

I never claimed I didn't have faults.   Thats you. I'm still a "terrible player"      I didn't tell someone what tier they should and shouldn't play, thats you.       If you really wanna see someone who is self righteous, look in the mirror.    

I get your anger if someone is losing on purpose.  Like what those two dudes were doing thats been going around YouTube.  But you guys attacking me, attacking players in game, it's irrational and shows that you don't deserve any respect from me.     Not that you care anyway, I mean your already an "amazing player" and that's all that matters in life. 

_Crusader6_ #28 Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

To me the heavy HP buff really hurt the Lorraine. The AMX 100 50 now fills that roll better due to better pen and better alpha along with more HP for a minor decrease in mobility.  It is still a fun tank, but not something that will let you reliably get a 70% WR.  I parked mine at 70% and 100 games - 4 where after the heavy HP buff and I did considerably worse in those than previously.  

The 252U, meh, it’s boring and easily victimized by skilled players.   Fortunately for the 252U skilled players make up less than 15% of the player base and less in tier 8.    It’s a tank a braindead ape should get at least 60% in.  

The E25, everyone hates fleas right? The E25 is that annoying flea - sit on the edges and give folks an itch that they can’t scratch.  
   It is amazing, but requires patience and thought, so works for less than 15% of players.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  449/451 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Von_Blucher_1 #29 Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4228 battles
  • [KCS1]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 27 November 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

To me the heavy HP buff really hurt the Lorraine. The AMX 100 50 now fills that roll better due to better pen and better alpha along with more HP for a minor decrease in mobility.  It is still a fun tank, but not something that will let you reliably get a 70% WR.  I parked mine at 70% and 100 games - 4 where after the heavy HP buff and I did considerably worse in those than previously.  

The 252U, meh, it’s boring and easily victimized by skilled players.   Fortunately for the 252U skilled players make up less than 15% of the player base and less in tier 8.    It’s a tank a braindead ape should get at least 60% in.  

The E25, everyone hates fleas right? The E25 is that annoying flea - sit on the edges and give folks an itch that they can’t scratch.  
   It is amazing, but requires patience and thought, so works for less than 15% of players.  

Good post. I have both the 252 and the T26.   I don't play the 252 much because like you said, its boring.     It is cool to pop someone with that big gun though.       As a nub, I say the T26 is much more fun but hard to play. 

I have 7500 gold right now.   And ALL tanks are on sale.   I will just try to improve my skills with what I have, and save the gold for Christmas.  The Lowe and JagTiger are tempting, I'm a big Otto Carius fan, but I need to get better at the tanks i already have before I get more.        

_Crusader6_ #30 Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:03 PM

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 27 November 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

Good post. I have both the 252 and the T26.   I don't play the 252 much because like you said, its boring.     It is cool to pop someone with that big gun though.       As a nub, I say the T26 is much more fun but hard to play. 

I have 7500 gold right now.   And ALL tanks are on sale.   I will just try to improve my skills with what I have, and save the gold for Christmas.  The Lowe and JagTiger are tempting, I'm a big Otto Carius fan, but I need to get better at the tanks i already have before I get more.        

Good plan.  
   Mainly because no one should fall into my trap, and having collector OCD.  I feel that now when I don’t buy a new tank I’m missing something, which is ridiculous.  

The only way to get better in higher tiers is to play higher tiers, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t play anything you want.   

It is a free game, and everyone can play what and where they want.  

However from personal experience, high tier play is painful enough that if you don’t have all the basics down, it gets brutal.  
 If you care about your stats, take it incrementally.  
     Get solid in all the tanks in a tier (or at least several of each type) and then progress on.   

Since you have the T26E6 Sheriff, you don’t really need another tier 8 heavy - but the Sheriff is a heavium, so it can really help with your hulldown US med and heavy play - while making a lot of credits. 

Some more personal recommendations 

I rushed up the tiers in 2014/15, and have spent years of remediation on some. 
   Even if you run a tank at 70% for months or years, if you had 250+ games in it at a low 40%, or even 400 games at 50%, it takes a long time to make it look respectable. 

I need more tanks...

__V_O_P__ #31 Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 53416 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 27 November 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

I have played sports my whole life.    Not once did I ever tell another player to quit playing.   Not once did I ever throw a temper tantrum if my pitcher gave up a homer and lost the game for us.      I HELPED them.   Even if I thought they didn't have the skill to play at my level, I never acted condescending or made them feel they didn't belong    

Look I get it, the reason you live is for WOT.      Your lifetime accomplishment is being a tank "ace" in a video game.      Yea maybe I admire you for being "good" at the game, but I also pity you that this is what makes you feel as though your life is worthwhile.  

So you think just because your "good", that you can curse out other players who don't have your "skill".   You think you have a right to belittle them and shame them just because they aren't on "your" level.    That speaks a lot about your character as a person.  Whether you like it or not, that is more important than any game.     

When you lose, you go on a tantrum and blame the other players on your team because they, "aren't as good as you, and shouldn't be playing tier 8".   

Get over yourself man.     

I love to win just as much as anybody.  Like I said I always strive to do well and help my team.  But I will not be told not to play because I'm not "good".   I will not be told what tank I can and cannot use.     I will not do the same to others either.   

And ill also put whiny children like you in your place.       If you ever throw one of your tantrums in a game I'm a part of, ill report you.  Not that anything would happen anyway.    

I love the forum.   Many people have helped me along the way.   Without acting condescending or childish like you.  

How about instead of blaming your losses on "bad players", you become better yourself?     If a "bad player" cost you that many games, well then you aren't very good yourself.    

you’re on full tilt. I said that you should own your contribution, just like in any team sport. anyway since you know the grand sum of diddly about me, I’ll ignore most of the rest of what you wrote.

it is interesting to see you saying that you won’t be told this or you won’t be told that, so here’s a question for you: how would you like to be instructed? 

LordDumptruck #32 Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21356 battles
  • [III-C]
And here I was thinking this train had hopped back on the rails. 

jahawa #33 Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19847 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostLordDumptruck, on 27 November 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

And here I was thinking this train had hopped back on the rails. 

Not a chance. He thinks VOP, others, and myself have no life. He doesn't have a clue. This is a side interest with me. I do it for the challenge and like to do well. He hasn't been around long enough to see the number of threads like this. You've seen them....I should have stayed out of it....Lol.

On another note. The 252 is boring, the E25 is fun, but challenging, and the Lorraine is just flat challenging, but can be played well if you plan right.

__V_O_P__ #34 Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 53416 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postjahawa, on 27 November 2020 - 08:43 PM, said:

Not a chance. He thinks VOP, others, and myself have no life. He doesn't have a clue. This is a side interest with me. I do it for the challenge and like to do well. He hasn't been around long enough to see the number of threads like this. You've seen them....I should have stayed out of it....Lol.

On another note. The 252 is boring, the E25 is fun, but challenging, and the Lorraine is just flat challenging, but can be played well if you plan right.

i really enjoy the Lorraine much more so than the E25. And the 252 IS boring. Still back to the Main Event...

pilotharrison #35 Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:38 AM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 11596 battles

Well oof, this conversation went off the rails... 

I think I'll snag the Lorraine, and run it for a few battles and park it until I can pick it up again, or like have someone to platoon with to learn.  

For me, it was the pew-pew autoloaders, which I like, and also for the tank diversity in my garage. I decided the E 25 wasn't for me since TDs aren't really my thing and I didn't really want an IS clone in my garage. 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

Aced tanks: T34, KV-3, Type 58, T14, Churchill III, Excelsior, Pz. II L "Luchs", FCM36Pak40, BT-SV (x2), Ke-Ni (x2), Pz. II G (x8), Pz. II J (x4)

BillyNair #36 Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14303 battles
  • [MOD3]

View PostDolly_Sod, on 27 November 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Lol..

I watch Magnus Carlsen play online chess and he takes it pretty seriously.   Blitz takes time to get good, and it is definitely frustrating when someone races up the tiers and ends up being completely useless to the team.  

Even amateur Basketball, Soccer, Football etc teams wouldn't take kindly to some moron putting their helmet on backwards and running around saying "it's just a game, don't take it so seriously", "you're not making a living at this, I'm just here for fun!".  

Just because you don't take blitz seriously, doesn't mean everyone is like you.  

Magnus gets paid to play chess... that was the point of the first part of his response, real life sports (pro gamers included) vs a past time "have fun" game.

If you post a certificate of sponsorship for playing Blitz by a corporation, then cool, I will try to stay out of your games so you dont lose your sponsorship...

BillyNair #37 Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14303 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 27 November 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

I never sat on the edge of a map with the e25, it is way to mobile and high ROF to justify not being up in the thick of things. I know I need to adjust with the development of the battle (Sometimes I need to learn to just sit there and snipe from a distance) but it is too boring, and I want to get up and "DO SOMETHING", so I get up in there and have fun, get shot shots in and help

_Crusader6_ #38 Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:52 AM

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostBillyNair, on 27 November 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

I never sat on the edge of a map with the e25, it is way to mobile and high ROF to justify not being up in the thick of things. I know I need to adjust with the development of the battle (Sometimes I need to learn to just sit there and snipe from a distance) but it is too boring, and I want to get up and "DO SOMETHING", so I get up in there and have fun, get shot shots in and help

So, since you don’t have it on this account, and the only tier 7 you have over 50% in the Annihilator, I’m not really sure if you should open your mouth.  

If this account is a reroll and you have it on another account, I think you lose even more credibility.  

Honestly I don’t see why you though you had anything to say in this conversation, it made me go look up your stats, and realize you really should do a lot of reading and less posting. 

I need more tanks...

BillyNair #39 Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:03 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14303 battles
  • [MOD3]

why is the worst tank in the game at 49% WR?

the hypocrisy of telling players to stay out of your game so it doesnt affect your WR, then refusing to take matchmaking into account is laughable!!

You cant sit there and tell me that bad players ruin the game then bring WR into the argument...

If bad players really did ruin the game, then your WR is not actually a reflection of your skill

But, if WR is actually a reflection of your skill, then having a team of muppets will NOT AFFECT YOUR WR!!

Chose a side and stick with it. you cant chose booth heads AND tails of this argument

And, until you can post a rebuttal without looking at someone's WR before you post, you have nothing important to say.

_Crusader6_ #40 Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:13 AM

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostBillyNair, on 27 November 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

why is the worst tank in the game at 49% WR?

the hypocrisy of telling players to stay out of your game so it doesnt affect your WR, then refusing to take matchmaking into account is laughable!!

You cant sit there and tell me that bad players ruin the game then bring WR into the argument...

If bad players really did ruin the game, then your WR is not actually a reflection of your skill

But, if WR is actually a reflection of your skill, then having a team of muppets will NOT AFFECT YOUR WR!!

Chose a side and stick with it. you cant chose booth heads AND tails of this argument

And, until you can post a rebuttal without looking at someone's WR before you post, you have nothing important to say.

I don’t care what people play - I’ve told that repeatedly.  Go play what you want, it doesn’t affect me.  
   I recommend that people don’t play in the deep end until they can at least tread water - simply because later on if they do start to care more about stats, it will be a tough rut to fill in.  

I work on the assumptions my team is utterly braindead unless I know them to be capable.  

As for my comment to you, well I just despise muppets coming in giving advice like they know what they are doing.   Hence why I responded to your comment on the E-25, and given what it said I was curious what would inspire that sort of advice, and how badly they where doing in it.   
   So I see you don’t have the tank, so you are talking out your rear end.  

The idea is the forum is a play for questions and answers, if you don’t have the tank or you are awful in it, just don’t comment, read about what others suggest / and if it makes sense take the advice. 

I need more tanks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users