• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

BillyNair #41 Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13993 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 28 November 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

I don’t care what people play - I’ve told that repeatedly.  Go play what you want, it doesn’t affect me.  
   I recommend that people don’t play in the deep end until they can at least tread water - simply because later on if they do start to care more about stats, it will be a tough rut to fill in.  

I work on the assumptions my team is utterly braindead unless I know them to be capable.  

As for my comment to you, well I just despise muppets coming in giving advice like they know what they are doing.   Hence why I responded to your comment on the E-25, and given what it said I was curious what would inspire that sort of advice, and how badly they where doing in it.   
   So I see you don’t have the tank, so you are talking out your rear end.  

The idea is the forum is a play for questions and answers, if you don’t have the tank or you are awful in it, just don’t comment, read about what others suggest / and if it makes sense take the advice. 

I am not sure where you are, sometimes you talk like you are on crack, and sometimes you sound sensible.

"Allowing" players to play at whatever level they want is sensible, this is a free game and if you honestly have skill, the WR will not be affected by muppets playing the game. I have a Tier 10 I got a couple weeks ago, only 40-50 games, but, sitting at 54% WR, and Tier 10 seems to be a lot easier than 8 or 9. It could be the tanks I use, but, it honestly feels like there are MORE bad players in Tier 10 than 8 or 9. (The Sheridan is not my cup of tea, the reload is way too long... I hope they make it faster when they remove Missiles or give you the option to Derp or not like the T49)

We JUST finished a week of "Skirmish", the best mode in the game, and I got the E25 a few days ago, maybe 8-10 games in it, either in Ratings or Skirmish Modes. I havent played it today, so, no, not on my list yet. If I am supposed to play it on the edges with one thumb up my butt, then I am doing it wrong, because I hate playing like that.

Thank you for responding to the comments posted, it makes your argument seem more legitimate.

_Crusader6_ #42 Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:47 AM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74124 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostBillyNair, on 27 November 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

I am not sure where you are, sometimes you talk like you are on crack, and sometimes you sound sensible.

"Allowing" players to play at whatever level they want is sensible, this is a free game and if you honestly have skill, the WR will not be affected by muppets playing the game. I have a Tier 10 I got a couple weeks ago, only 40-50 games, but, sitting at 54% WR, and Tier 10 seems to be a lot easier than 8 or 9. It could be the tanks I use, but, it honestly feels like there are MORE bad players in Tier 10 than 8 or 9. (The Sheridan is not my cup of tea, the reload is way too long... I hope they make it faster when they remove Missiles or give you the option to Derp or not like the T49)

We JUST finished a week of "Skirmish", the best mode in the game, and I got the E25 a few days ago, maybe 8-10 games in it, either in Ratings or Skirmish Modes. I havent played it today, so, no, not on my list yet. If I am supposed to play it on the edges with one thumb up my butt, then I am doing it wrong, because I hate playing like that.

Thank you for responding to the comments posted, it makes your argument seem more legitimate.

You have low tier 7 damage in that tier X, your WR won’t last with that and you won’t understand why, unless you look deeper in the game.   

I’m not trying to be a major Dick, I’m trying to enlighten you.   

The E-25 is mobile - but it’s paper.  You need to use the mobility to get around the map to cause a nuisance to reds so they get distracted and turn towards you so your team can get flank shots - while you are relocating.  
   While the E-25 can facehug a Smasher and win (due to the Smashers lack of GD) and it can also do this to some other Russian and German tanks / any driver that knows how to scrape you off is going to ram you and pinch you into a spot you can’t hit them and will wipe you out.  

Last point of advice, don’t apply skirmish Logic to other games, the maps where poorly layer out and it made for a terrible game play due to that. 

Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  446/449 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

generalhonks #43 Posted 28 November 2020 - 04:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8979 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Calm down girls, you’re both pretty. Now stop arguing. 

Meat_Locker #44 Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:20 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55453 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 27 November 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

The other examples you mentioned are real life sports.  Many of them people play for a living.   Its a livelihood.    It takes physical world and often a lifetime of training.       This is a video game which has no impact on the world or people's lives.        Again, if you allow a game to get you so bent out of shape, you need to go hide in your safe space.        Its ironic that you call me "selfish" for telling someone to play the tanks he wants to, while you are the one who is trying to dictate how others play.       If hypocrisy is bliss, you must be in utopia.   

You are probably one of those who goes on a childish temper tantrum in the chat whenever you lose a match, because someone else didn't play how you wanted them to.  

All I can say is get a life.    Try a little harder at being a productive human being.        I've encountered plenty of your type in the game.   When you throw your little tantrums it honest cracks me up.    I've defended plenty of other players from people like you.  And ill continue to do so.     

I like to win.  I want to improve.  I put my best foot forward with everything I do.  But I also have perspective on things.        When you attack someone because they dared to play at "your tier" in a video game, you have got some issues.        

Seriously man.  Grow up.     

Whew! This Von Blucher guy is such a mess of incoherence, non sequitur, strawman argumentation, and a host of other logical fallacies that it isn't even worth trying to untangle. He isn't in a stage in life wherein he is willing to work on this stuff. He is also engaged in the very common practice of our era: Justification for Maintaining a Held Position. 

That first proto-paragraph is an amazingly messy stew of throwing anything at the wall with no thought as to whether one sentence belongs with the next or previous. Sign o' The Times.

Just walk away and let him fail. Hope he's on Red.

Cru6, it may be a free game and people can certainly play it. This does not excuse myopic & selfish behavior. Just because it is an endeavor that is online, does not mean that it is divorced from societal norms. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 28 November 2020 - 01:21 PM.

Dolly_Sod #45 Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:55 PM

Highland Bog

• Players
  • 20778 battles
  • [MSTRY]

I just can't seem to jive with the E25.    Lol..

I don't mind playing turretless TDs but most of the time they are derp guns that put out big damage.  The hard thing for me with the E25 is the pew pew gun, and it's super low to the ground so you can't see over anything.  

That said the camo is amazing and if you can get somewhere to actually put out shot after shot without being spotted it's fun.  Crazy situational in my hands. 

I think the 4 rounds of the Lorrain make it tempting to snap off a shot or two because "... hey I've got 4 shots".  Then you're either running around with 1, 2 or 3 shells in the mag or you're on that looooong reload.  It's definitely a hard tank to play because of that. It would be better if it had a shorter time between shells.   

I actually feel the same for the upper tier Batchats.  They have 3 seconds between shells, where the auto-reloaders have the same time between shells and the advantage of auto-reloading mechanic.   I think the tier 9 & 10 batchats should have 2 seconds between shells, or even shorter with the tier 10. 

Edited by Dolly_Sod, 28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM.

__V_O_P__ #46 Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 52768 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostDolly_Sod, on 28 November 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

I think the 4 rounds of the Lorrain make it tempting to snap off a shot or two because "... hey I've got 4 shots".  Then you're either running around with 1, 2 or 3 shells in the mag or you're on that looooong reload.  It's definitely a hard tank to play because of that. It would be better if it had a shorter time between shells.   

I actually feel the same for the upper tier Batchats.  They have 3 seconds between shells, where the auto-reloaders have the same time between shells and the advantage of auto-reloading mechanic.   I think the tier 9 & 10 batchats should have 2 seconds between shells, or even shorter with the tier 10. 

totally agree. the Lorraine makes you think. eg you can’t blind fire a bush... but you can wander around a corner and dump a whole load of damage on someone. similarly with BC - just what you wrote - the clip (imo) really makes it hard to play because on top of everything else (driving around with your eyes on stalks) you have to think about that as well.  

BillyNair #47 Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13993 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 28 November 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

You have low tier 7 damage in that tier X, your WR won’t last with that and you won’t understand why, unless you look deeper in the game.   

I’m not trying to be a major [edited], I’m trying to enlighten you.   

The E-25 is mobile - but it’s paper.  You need to use the mobility to get around the map to cause a nuisance to reds so they get distracted and turn towards you so your team can get flank shots - while you are relocating.  
   While the E-25 can facehug a Smasher and win (due to the Smashers lack of GD) and it can also do this to some other Russian and German tanks / any driver that knows how to scrape you off is going to ram you and pinch you into a spot you can’t hit them and will wipe you out.  

Last point of advice, don’t apply skirmish Logic to other games, the maps where poorly layer out and it made for a terrible game play due to that. 

That wasnt the point of my post.

You said the E25 is only good for players who sit in the corner, and I said I had fun with it up on the front lines. (then you said I didnt have it, so I explained why it wasnt showing on my feed)

It was established by a few people here that the Original Poster of the thread has a low WR, like me, so looks more like he is here for the fun of playing the game and less on how high he can get his WR. So, that is why I came to this thread in the first place, and why I felt that my experience was relevant (playing fun tanks vs boosting WR)

As for Skirmish vs Regular maps, I do agree that they do not match up in playstyle. As a new player, it let me learn other parts of the maps that I didnt know before. I was only playing tier 5+ for a few weeks when Skirmish came out before, and I was able to learn the higher tier maps faster because it focused the attention to parts that I might have avoided just because I didnt know them well. I dont think that Skirmish vs Regular is the same tactics, and that is the exact reason I play it, if they were the same, it would be kind of pointless...

I now need to remember to facehug smashers, I always forget to do this when I am in a tank that CAN do this. I usually only facefug in strong front armor tanks (or when trying to keep a tank in view of my teammates, or pushing another tank back so I am not catching crossfire from his teammates), but forget that the shorter tanks can benefit from the same tactic by just being out of turret view.

Edited by BillyNair, 28 November 2020 - 09:11 PM.

BillyNair #48 Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13993 battles
  • [MOD3]

OK, so I was in a match and saw an opportunity to test out Facehugging in the E25, and yeah, it needs some work, but I was happy with how well it did!!

(Also, it is still a fun tank in 7v7 games too!)

Will this tank dominate games? hahhaha, no, but neither will the AT7 or Gravedigger, but holy cow they are fun support tanks!! (Support tanks - help the team win, not win as a solo player)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users