• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Barebow #1 Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4495 battles
  • [ALL4J]

Howdy Y'all,

I researched my first tier X (The E100) a little while back, but I know I am not using it to its full potential. In short, I am blocking way too few shots. In the E75, if I was trapped in the open, I found I could block the majority of what was thrown at me (even tier 10s); however, the only times I have been able to block shots in the E100 has been while sidescraping and facehugging.  Everyone seems to butter through me and I know it is because I am not angling the turret correctly. I just have difficulty angling it and the hull. Do you have any tips for coordinating the turret and the hull when blocking shots?

Jesus Saves

Remember the Alamo

God Save the Queen

__Frostbite #2 Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:37 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 31669 battles
  • [_V2_]

Turret should be facing around 25-30 degrees in either direction away from your shooter while the hull is turned about 15 degrees that same direction. That's your strongest armor profile.

The key here, though, is not just to face that and automatically expect to block more shots. You can still get penned by some guns at that angle, especially by tanks with 340 HEAT pen that are aiming for the cheeks. Just like when playing a Maus, blocking shots doesn't come from getting your optimal angle and just sitting still. It's much better to wiggle around, underangling slightly and then overangling, so that it's much harder for a shooter to get a bead on a weakspot.

At the end of the day tho, the E100 will naturally get less bounces than a lot of other heavies. My issue with the tank is still bleeding too fast. I recommend doing these two things: aim a half second longer than your instinct is to fire, because the gun can easily dip shots into walls or cover despite the bloom being reasonably aimed at a target, and don't try to poke out for shots where you know guns are aimed at you. You're just asking to bled out then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noob666_ #3 Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:05 AM

usles

• Players
  • 10340 battles
You get yelled at by your entire team. Mount the 128mm, camp in TD positions, and strip it from camo if you want more of it.
The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Barebow #4 Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4495 battles
  • [ALL4J]

Thanks for the tips Frostbite! I will try to follow your recommendations when I get back into it. I understand the principle of over/under angling I just find it more difficult to accomplish in the E100. Thanks again!

Thanks for you contribution Noob666, I will do my best not to follow your suggestions ;). I struggle being patient enough for TD's. 

Jesus Saves

Remember the Alamo

God Save the Queen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users