Jump to content


Fun idea for forum involvement

Community

  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Ribble game time (9 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

What time is best?

  1. 1600 Eastern (4 PM) (5 votes [55.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 55.56%

  2. 1700 Eastern (5 PM) (1 vote [11.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.11%

  3. 2300 Eastern (11 PM) (3 votes [33.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Hide poll

_Cletus #21 Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:11 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33657 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 December 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

 

The main problems here are ping issues and time difference. This is what prevents us from streaming such things. 
But to be honest i don't see any problem in me experiencing 200 ms ping and trying to survive in battles with you guys. It might be fun i guess.
Just give me some time to think about details and we'll resume this thread. 

 

Please do, that'd be fun!

 

BTW, my internet sucks, so in my case it would be fair.  Well, you might have better ping than me....


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

9_V0LT #22 Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:28 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10822 battles
  • 3,566
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 December 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

 

The main problems here are ping issues and time difference. This is what prevents us from streaming such things. 
But to be honest i don't see any problem in me experiencing 200 ms ping and trying to survive in battles with you guys. It might be fun i guess.
Just give me some time to think about details and we'll resume this thread. 

 

As long as you drive an Annihilator, there will be no shortage of people wanting to kill you.


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


wrecker1968 #23 Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:32 PM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 60788 battles
  • 2,649
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
Interesting, I would like to see this happen. Sounds like a good thing.

AdderaII #24 Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:56 PM

    Can’t Pass Without it!

  • Players
  • 30788 battles
  • 2,106
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View Post9_V0LT, on 15 December 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

 

As long as you drive an Annihilator, there will be no shortage of people wanting to kill you.


They’ll want to play against him in the game as well 


The player formerly known as, Adderall4life


acrisis #25 Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21965 battles
  • 13,766
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

All the forum veterans ...

 


We got him!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
RibbleStripe ...

 



Not so fast :child: :teethhappy:

 

 

 


 

            BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    
 

 > PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy
 


shyw #26 Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:29 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 51632 battles
  • 1,171
  • [DOGZ]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Postacrisis, on 15 December 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

All the forum veterans ...

 


We got him!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
RibbleStripe ...

 



Not so fast :child: :teethhappy:

 

 

 


toooooo funny....!!!



RibbleStripe #27 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • 1,032
  • [-LEG-]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017
Am i allowed to play in platoon with a bodyguard? :rolleyes:

 

 


_Baroness #28 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:17 PM

    Left the forums

  • Players
  • 17887 battles
  • 426
  • [NHP]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2018

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

Am i allowed to play in platoon with a bodyguard? :rolleyes:

Sure!

 

I think we should get to pick the bodyguard. 


http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Baroness

Well, I supposed that's it for me.  It's been a fun ride and I truly appreciate all the tanking advice I've been given.  I'll be taking my Dr. Seuss books and Mr. Potato head and moving on to other pastures.  I have not tried the discord, but I think I'll give that a go next.  I wish everyone here the best and perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield.  o7


Gojira1150 #29 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:29 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4535 battles
  • 723
  • [_SOS_]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2020

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

Am i allowed to play in platoon with a bodyguard? :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to be the bodyguard so long as I'm payed in gold for it :)


Blitzstars

I use They/Them or It/Its pronouns


_Cletus #30 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:48 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33657 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
We should see if von_tinkle is available for bodyguard duties.

 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

RibbleStripe #31 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • 1,032
  • [-LEG-]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostGojira1150, on 18 December 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

I'd be happy to be the bodyguard so long as I'm payed in gold for it :)

 

Nice idea. If i survive, my bodyguard should get paid. If not, the assassin takes the gold. 


 

 


_Cletus #32 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:19 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33657 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

Nice idea. If i survive, my bodyguard should get paid. If not, the assassin takes the gold. 

 

Crusader6 should be your bodyguard!  We'd get to shoot at both of you!  This idea is getting better, we gotta do it guys, please!


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

Gojira1150 #33 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4535 battles
  • 723
  • [_SOS_]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2020

View Post_Cletus, on 18 December 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

Crusader6 should be your bodyguard!  We'd get to shoot at both of you!  This idea is getting better, we gotta do it guys, please!

But _Crusader6_ is a bit too good... They'd be untouchable together. Better idea is me in a Panther, Ribble in an Annihilator


Blitzstars

I use They/Them or It/Its pronouns


RibbleStripe #34 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • 1,032
  • [-LEG-]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017
We'll do it 100%. 
I wanted to do it on Saturday to be honest. But NY event took too much time and i couldn't set all the rules. Also we need to announce the whole thing properly. This is why i'd better get prepared properly and do everything right. Even if it requires one more week or two. 

 

 


Gojira1150 #35 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4535 battles
  • 723
  • [_SOS_]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2020

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

We'll do it 100%. 
I wanted to do it on Saturday to be honest. But NY event took too much time and i couldn't set all the rules. Also we need to announce the whole thing properly. This is why i'd better get prepared properly and do everything right. Even if it requires one more week or two. 

Now the question becomes will a 46% career player bodyguard you, or a 60% player? Because I'll need to practice if I'm going to be your bodyguard, or I'll need to figure out the best way to tunnel someone


Blitzstars

I use They/Them or It/Its pronouns


acrisis #36 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:28 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21965 battles
  • 13,766
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

We'll do it 100%. 
I wanted to do it on Saturday to be honest. But NY event took too much time and i couldn't set all the rules. Also we need to announce the whole thing properly. This is why i'd better get prepared properly and do everything right. Even if it requires one more week or two. 

 

I think that is completely fair. 

 


 

            BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    
 

 > PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy
 


_Baroness #37 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:29 PM

    Left the forums

  • Players
  • 17887 battles
  • 426
  • [NHP]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2018

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

We'll do it 100%. 
I wanted to do it on Saturday to be honest. But NY event took too much time and i couldn't set all the rules. Also we need to announce the whole thing properly. This is why i'd better get prepared properly and do everything right. Even if it requires one more week or two. 

You are a rockstar.


http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Baroness

Well, I supposed that's it for me.  It's been a fun ride and I truly appreciate all the tanking advice I've been given.  I'll be taking my Dr. Seuss books and Mr. Potato head and moving on to other pastures.  I have not tried the discord, but I think I'll give that a go next.  I wish everyone here the best and perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield.  o7


RibbleStripe #38 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • 1,032
  • [-LEG-]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostGojira1150, on 18 December 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Now the question becomes will a 46% career player bodyguard you, or a 60% player? Because I'll need to practice if I'm going to be your bodyguard, or I'll need to figure out the best way to tunnel someone

 

Here's how i see it. 
I finalize all the rules and create a thread named let's say Ribble Hunting. 
There will be a separate message from me asking for protection. Those who thumbs it up will be my bodyguards. I'll pick first 15 or 20 players and will change a bodyguard every battle. Since this idea came from forum, forumers should have a privilege to protect me :). The battles will be started by countdown in special discord channel. This is where assassins will wait for me. 


 

 


_Cletus #39 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:52 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33657 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

Here's how i see it. 
I finalize all the rules and create a thread named let's say Ribble Hunting. 
There will be a separate message from me asking for protection. Those who thumbs it up will be my bodyguards. I'll pick first 15 or 20 players and will change a bodyguard every battle. Since this idea came from forum, forumers should have a privilege to protect me :). The battles will be started by countdown in special discord channel. This is where assassins will wait for me. 

 

Nice solution.  Also, props for updating your avatar for Christmas.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

_Yohtician #40 Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:56 PM

    The Best Tactician

  • Players
  • 31043 battles
  • 3,176
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 December 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

Here's how i see it. 
I finalize all the rules and create a thread named let's say Ribble Hunting. 
There will be a separate message from me asking for protection. Those who thumbs it up will be my bodyguards. I'll pick first 15 or 20 players and will change a bodyguard every battle. Since this idea came from forum, forumers should have a privilege to protect me :). The battles will be started by countdown in special discord channel. This is where assassins will wait for me. 

Thanks for taking up my idea Ribble!


Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

 

Give us the IRON CROSS






Also tagged with Community

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users