Fear of the American and British lines

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

_Bland #1 Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10253 battles
  • [DINGO]
So I wanted you all's advice.  I've researched a good bit from the German and Russian countries, and also am working on Chinese meds, Japanese TDs, Swedish Heavies, and also have the Bc 25 t.  I'm looking for new lines to go for, but I'm scared of doing either the American or British lines.  The British meds seem like struggle wagons, inferior to the russian or german meds, the british heavies have peewee armor after t7 and are powercrept, the the lights seem ok but aren't really my vibe (I need at least some workable armor, like a good turret or frontal hull), the turreted td line seems to be an he magnet, and we don't talk about the ATs.  With America, all the tanks seem decent, but not great.  They always seem like easy kills in game, especially their t5-8 meds and lights.  The heavy tank line just doesn't seem to have good enough hull armor when I fight them in game, and the M103 has a turret I swear is made of ramen noodles  the turreted tds seem acceptable, and the not turreted ones seem pretty bad, especially the t28.  Is my fear of these lines irrational?  Is it just some ingrained bias I have against them, or are they actually decent?  It could be a very real possibility that I just fight all sorts of not great players in the tanks, but for now, I'd tank most any german (and maybe russian, sometimes) over the american counterpart

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

Boomer625 #2 Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17804 battles
  • [MARDR]

View PostCaptainhi04, on 02 December 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

So I wanted you all's advice.  I've researched a good bit from the German and Russian countries, and also am working on Chinese meds, Japanese TDs, Swedish Heavies, and also have the Bc 25 t.  I'm looking for new lines to go for, but I'm scared of doing either the American or British lines.  The British meds seem like struggle wagons, inferior to the russian or german meds, the british heavies have peewee armor after t7 and are powercrept, the the lights seem ok but aren't really my vibe (I need at least some workable armor, like a good turret or frontal hull), the turreted td line seems to be an he magnet, and we don't talk about the ATs.  With America, all the tanks seem decent, but not great.  They always seem like easy kills in game, especially their t5-8 meds and lights.  The heavy tank line just doesn't seem to have good enough hull armor when I fight them in game, and the M103 has a turret I swear is made of ramen noodles  the turreted tds seem acceptable, and the not turreted ones seem pretty bad, especially the t28.  Is my fear of these lines irrational?  Is it just some ingrained bias I have against them, or are they actually decent?  It could be a very real possibility that I just fight all sorts of not great players in the tanks, but for now, I'd tank most any german (and maybe russian, sometimes) over the american counterpart

I can speak for american tech tree.

for the turreted tds, the m10 is like a Sherman mobility with slow traverse and a decent gun, best used at hills or peek a boom.  but once you get to the hellcat, it is very good. I personally have 9 masteries in the hellcat alone due to its mobility, hardpunching 90mm gun despite its slow turret traverse. After that, the lines gets slow. Really slow. The t28 and t28 prot stock goes like 10 kph, has good armor till someone starts using prammo, but its still quite good in my experiance due to the high dpm. After that at t9, the T30 is really good. It was high alpha, relatively god reload, very good turret armor

American mediums and lights are known for one the move shots (stabilizers ). The M4s work well hull down with 12 degrees gun depression and  using the mantlet to bounce occasional shots. The Pershing is good as a support tank and has really good APCR pen. They are easily killed alone, for they were designed to operate in platoons of 5.

American heavies in the begging m6 tanks have good frontal armor and weak sides. M6 is dominating in its tier due to that as I have heard. Then comes the t29-its a good tank in side scraping and hull down, but like you said, not good hull armor, and that needs to be hidden as much as posible

Although most american tanks are mediocre and Jack of all trades, master of none, they can be very effective in certain situations, such as hilly terrain, and in thre support role. There are also a bit of gem tanks, like the t29, t30, hellcat 

Edited by Boomer625, 03 December 2020 - 03:52 AM.

_Bland #3 Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10253 battles
  • [DINGO]
Yeah that's what I don't really like about them, they require a good team that will support you, and normally that's not the case

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

Kiwi_Kebab #4 Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:35 AM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostCaptainhi04, on 02 December 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

Yeah that's what I don't really like about them, they require a good team that will support you, and normally that's not the case

Every tank requires a good team to support you. If this wasn't the case, good tanks would have 90%+ winrates in the hands of unicums, but this is not the case.

I have every American tank up to tier 9 in my garage. I will advise you to get the T29 (heavy), T25 AT (TD), E8 Sherman (medium), T71, Bulldog, and T92E1 (lights). These are fantastic American tanks that really show what the nation has to offer.

American tanks tend to have better gun depression than German/Soviet tanks, and better gun handling than Soviets.

The M103 is great; it's not a bumbling slab of armor like the German stuff, it can actually move like a medium and has good gun depression. It also gets the enhanced speed boost for extra speed. This allows it to be more dynamic than German or Soviet heavies.

British tanks are pretty hard to play, but they all tend to have great guns. Just avoid the AT line, I'd say.

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users