Add a campaign mode, or a completely new mode of play

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_Bland #1 Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8717 battles
  • [L0YAL]
WG, WOTB is a great game, but I feel it could be improved by adding more variety to the games.  Currently, all of the different modes all revolve around a "capture the flag but with cannons", and I think you'd attract more players and catch their attention more with new styles of play.  For example, adding a Last Man Standing type thing for each type in each tier, modes with 3 teams, modes with 2 or 3 person teams, or adding single player campaigns, where they fight NPCs to reach a goal (such as killing CPUs, reaching somewhere without dying, etc).  I know some of these ideas could have some flaws, but I think they have merit, and you should consider them.  Adding completely new styles of play would really spice things up, it gets kinda monotonous after a while with just capture the flag

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

Morphman_ #2 Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37394 battles
  • [WEAK]
Anyone who has seen the bots that WG has made wouldn’t be dumb enough to think that this is a good idea. The programming is awful and plenty have seen a bot drive to the cap just to sit still and be farmed.

#1 Hated Target of the Censorship Bureau

They hate my good hygiene

And despise the vocal stylings of David Lee Roth

theodd1sout_201_1 #3 Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 779 battles
  • [NUKEZ]

View PostCaptainhi04, on 02 December 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

WG, WOTB is a great game, but I feel it could be improved by adding more variety to the games.  Currently, all of the different modes all revolve around a "capture the flag but with cannons", and I think you'd attract more players and catch their attention more with new styles of play.  For example, adding a Last Man Standing type thing for each type in each tier, modes with 3 teams, modes with 2 or 3 person teams, or adding single player campaigns, where they fight NPCs to reach a goal (such as killing CPUs, reaching somewhere without dying, etc).  I know some of these ideas could have some flaws, but I think they have merit, and you should consider them.  Adding completely new styles of play would really spice things up, it gets kinda monotonous after a while with just capture the flag

Wait, didn't Droodles suggest something like a Single Player Campaign a few months ago like they have in WoT? 

bwcamp #4 Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8795 battles
  • [MOD3]
I would be fine with a single player campaign. Gives you a break from all the muppets running around regular battles

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

acrisis #5 Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21357 battles
  • [III-S]

Of course WG is considering some other game modes and more advanced ideas. 

We can think of events, battle pass and clan missions as a step towards a campaign style thing. 

There is however always the trade-off though of game compatibility with a very broad range of devices, server resources per battle and development resources whether that would be worthwhile. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

lol333cmr #6 Posted 03 December 2020 - 02:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9154 battles
  • [LDD]
Good idea, but I don’t think the blitz team has the budget for this

It’s
 not 59%, it’s 46.90% with a 13% platoon Winrate.

bwcamp #7 Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8795 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Postlol333cmr, on 03 December 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Good idea, but I don’t think the blitz team has the budget for this

they have the budget, they just don't want to spend it

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

lol333cmr #8 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9154 battles
  • [LDD]

View Postbwcamp, on 03 December 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

they have the budget, they just don't want to spend it

Solid point. 

It’s
 not 59%, it’s 46.90% with a 13% platoon Winrate.

Partagaz #9 Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 10852 battles
  • [05858]

Ojala suceda algo asi llega un momento que los jugadores bots te atormentan igual te daria la oportunidad de depender de ti mismo y no del markermacht 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users