Help winrate WN8 WN7

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

tedg5 #21 Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:53 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 59639 battles
  • [AGOGO]

Everyone here says “work on damage”, sure that’s important. But, I find the best way to ensure being among top damage is being alive at the end of battle. Not saying I’m the best, but when I get that mission for top 2-3 damage in X battles, I usually finish it straight away. The best way I know how is to drive a tank that I think I can through the battle in, then play it like that. 

Sumarry: specifically run mid tiers and work on dealing steady damage, finally be alive at end of the battle. :playing:

thenerfdude #22 Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:41 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 33413 battles
  • [_AUS_]

If you really want to keep your winrate over 50%, you could just spam OP tanks like the T1 heavy or 252u. 

It won't make you a better player, but you know... "muh winrate!" :P

Edited by thenerfdude, 09 December 2020 - 08:41 AM.

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time 

CommanderSean_2014 #23 Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:36 AM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_Cletus, on 09 December 2020 - 05:23 AM, said:

Also, have you been to blitzstars?  Look yourself up on blitzstars.com.  Knowing your own stats will only help.....

Spoiler

omg cletus

u rly trolled me

A   Proud        

Taiwanese     

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

AntoineDodson #24 Posted 09 December 2020 - 12:50 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 34101 battles
  • [-OMG-]
If you really care about stats, stop playing tiers 9 and 10 asap.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

j_rod #25 Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:39 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 29988 battles
  • [III-P]

View Posttedg5, on 08 December 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

Everyone here says “work on damage”, sure that’s important. But, I find the best way to ensure being among top damage is being alive at the end of battle. Not saying I’m the best, but when I get that mission for top 2-3 damage in X battles, I usually finish it straight away. The best way I know how is to drive a tank that I think I can through the battle in, then play it like that. 

Sumarry: specifically run mid tiers and work on dealing steady damage, finally be alive at end of the battle. :playing:

I agree with this and made this specific argument to Posit1ve when we were discussing what stat drives wins the most. What he was able to show statistically was that damage is the most important factor to winning while survivability had a weak correlation. Meaning that over the data set he was using (which I believe is in Blitzstars), that higher damage correlated stronger to winrate than survivability.

However, it should be pointed out that these correlations were against the population being measured and don’t consider individual factors. For me, like Tedg5 here, if my survivability is low, so goes my average damage per tier bc it means I’m playing too aggressively.  When I play more strategically and don’t rush to the front, my damage goes up as does my winrate. 

The key is that this is true for me bc I’m not a unicum and can’t put out the big damage numbers early like the great players. For those players, they are often more focused on putting out damage early and often, creating a disadvantage for the red team and helping their team win more. Because I am not capable of that, I have to rely on being more conservative in my approach.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

ZebraUp #26 Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:46 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 30662 battles
  • [_UF_]
As others have said watch YouTube vids by e__18989 & Littlefinger (unicum training & How NOT to suck, specifically) as well as tier choice.. also, get into a good(ish) clan and platoon with good players! 

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #5 Worldwide lol!

Gavidoc01 #27 Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:15 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 50946 battles
  • [III]

View Posttedg5, on 09 December 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

For me,  # of battles per day, KDR and DR are my measurement sticks as they all run in conjunction. If my DR is above 1.5 and my KDR is 2.4 or higher I am certain to be around mid 60's for a period. If my KDR falls to 2.2 or lower OR my DR falls below 1.5 I am closer to 60% with a greater chance of falling below 60%. If my KDR is 2.3 or lower AND my DR falls below 1.5 I WILL be below 60% most of the time.

If my # of battles is above 20 in one sitting I find my KDR and DR begin to slip and my threshold for really struggling is 40 total in any given day. Higher I am above 40 battles in a day, greater the chance my WR for the day is below 60%.

Edited by Gavidoc01, 09 December 2020 - 09:16 PM.

Winrate is meaningless. It’s just a game. 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

Also tagged with Help, winrate, WN8, WN7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users