Jump to content


WoTB IS-6 Gameplay Review - The Premium Powerhouse (VIDEO)

is-6 review gameplay video thunderthies guide is6 wotb world of tanks blitz

  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

thunderthies #1 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 18003 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

 

What's up tankers and tankettes!

 

 

I'm happy to show you the WoTB IS-6 Gameplay Review. This is a bit different from my in-depth reviews and focuses more on actual gameplay, demonstrating how I believe the machine should be handled.

 

This is my first go at implementing video overlay. Be forewarned that there are some technical difficulties near the end. Hopefully I'll have everything sorted out on the next go around.

 

Also, if there is any interest, I was considering making an instructional video on how my production process from start to finish. If this is something you guys would like to see, let me know. 

 

Thanks so much for watching and I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

 

 

My best,

 

Thunder


Edited by thunderthies, 14 January 2015 - 10:18 AM.

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


BogOtter #2 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17428 battles
  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Good job! Thanks for the video, btw, nice beard ;)

Edited by BogOtter, 14 January 2015 - 10:18 AM.

 

─────────▄──────────────▄
────────▌▒█───────────▄▀▒▌
────────▌▒▒▀▄───────▄▀▒▒▒▐
───────▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
─────▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
───▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
──▐▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
──▌▒▒▐▄█▀▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▌
─▌▒▀▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▌▀▐▄█▄█▌▄▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▀▐▀▐▀▒▒▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
──▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
────▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
───▐▀▒▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
──▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀

Alcruz95 #3 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18488 battles
  • 792
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

image.jpg

The Sort of thing you can do when you put two of these monsters together.


I like the Obj. 140 and I put the Hero in Heroin.

koop123 #4 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8401 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014
Awesome review vid! Please do a production vid! I think that would be awesome!

   WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10


jtemple507 #5 Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8582 battles
  • 3,679
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

View PostAlcruz95, on 14 January 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

image.jpg

The Sort of thing you can do when you put two of these monsters together.

Nice. Was that the battle you guys were talking about on CS?


Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto


jtemple507 #6 Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8582 battles
  • 3,679
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013
Excellent video, thunder! I am curious, however, how did you do that overlay? Two different devices, one recording the game and the other yourself, then edit them in together later?

Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto


Mr_BushyBeard #7 Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

    The rent-a-cop

  • Players
  • 13413 battles
  • 6,220
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

The beard is good. 

 

With my help...it could be the best. 


WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

 

Formerly “Augustus_Sohn”; lost a bet to my son and this was his pick. 


Em0s #8 Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7088 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014
Thanks for the vid thunder! I'll try to review during lunch today, as the IS-6 is my favorite premium (although the AT-15A is my current flavor of the day) Nice to see a face behind the voice too.


Red_Ping #9 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23099 battles
  • 2,062
  • Member since:
    07-05-2012

View Postthunderthies, on 14 January 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

 

What's up tankers and tankettes!

 

 

I'm happy to show you the WoTB IS-6 Gameplay Review. This is a bit different from my in-depth reviews and focuses more on actual gameplay, demonstrating how I believe the machine should be handled.

 

This is my first go at implementing video overlay. Be forewarned that there are some technical difficulties near the end. Hopefully I'll have everything sorted out on the next go around.

 

Also, if there is any interest, I was considering making an instructional video on how my production process from start to finish. If this is something you guys would like to see, let me know. 

 

Thanks so much for watching and I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

 

 

My best,

 

Thunder

 

GREAT STUFF MATE !!! :medal::honoring: My guess for what is in the mug is >> Ice Tea ! ^_^


                           
                            Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.           
 
                                                                                  

                                           


gmann14 #10 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23399 battles
  • 357
  • [ATENA]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011
Good vid. One thing I noticed lately.. 162k on 5700 game? I remember getting over 170k on roughly around 5k games, posted few screens on here. Which makes me think payouts have been lowered. And seems lower earnings also for 3-4k games, talked bout it w other is6 drivers.. anyone noticed that as well?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg33ozrTqpc met the man once while bunch of us shared shots to celebrate fallen platoon mates at Danny's

dimzzy #11 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39960 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Cool but fix the mic please!

Death__Valley #12 Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

    Purveyor of Dad Jokes

  • Players
  • 21944 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    12-31-2011

Nicely done Thunder!

 

Zac


-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS


Armour77 #13 Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41572 battles
  • 104
  • [RATS]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Great vid, but the sound drops out at 16 mins.  Please fix if you can as your cometary is quite good.

Nutellanism #14 Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13695 battles
  • 661
  • [EUNJI]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014
:great: +1

_VEDDER_ #15 Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39994 battles
  • 678
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

fear the beard

 


The Tanker formerly known as RorakSZ13

Tier X: IS-4, IS-7, Obj 268, E 100, M48A1. T110E5, Obj. 140, FV215b, Leo 1. STB-1, Obj. 263, Grille, M60, T57, AMX 50B, Progetto, 121B, Chieftan Mk.6, E50M

Premium$: Ke-Ni Otsu, Shinobi, T-35-85-Victory, SU-100Y, Tankenstein,SU-122-44, T34 Indy, IS-6, Type 62 Dragon, IS-3D, Löwe, Rudy, Nomad, Dracula, Hel$ing, Glacial, T54 Mod, Lycan

"I gather speed, from you f*ckin' with me"


thunderthies #16 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 18003 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostBogOtter, on 14 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Good job! Thanks for the video, btw, nice beard ;)

 

Thanks and thanks, Bog!

 

View PostAlcruz95, on 14 January 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

image.jpg

The Sort of thing you can do when you put two of these monsters together.

 

Wow, you couldn't carry any harder if you tried. Nice game. 

 

View Postluciuscornelliussulla, on 14 January 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Awesome review vid! Please do a production vid! I think that would be awesome!

 

Thanks, lucius. I'll get a production video going shortly. 

 

View Postjtemple507, on 14 January 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Excellent video, thunder! I am curious, however, how did you do that overlay? Two different devices, one recording the game and the other yourself, then edit them in together later?

 

I recorded the gameplay on phone and the overlay from my computer. Then, as you said, I edited them together after the fact.  


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


thunderthies #17 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 18003 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on 14 January 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

The beard is good. 

 

With my help...it could be the best. 

 

Your beard is glorious. Mine is only glor. It's getting there though. 

 

View PostEm0s, on 14 January 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Thanks for the vid thunder! I'll try to review during lunch today, as the IS-6 is my favorite premium (although the AT-15A is my current flavor of the day) Nice to see a face behind the voice too.

 

Thanks, Em0s! AT-15A looks pretty sweet too. I was tempted to snag it. If it had pref mm then it would be in my garage right now, but since it still sees tier 9 I passed. You'll have to tell me how it drives. I'll just live vicariously through you. 

 

View PostM3Taha, on 14 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

 

GREAT STUFF MATE !!! :medal::honoring: My guess for what is in the mug is >> Ice Tea ! ^_^

 

Thanks, M3Taha! And I'm sorry, that's not the answer we were looking for. 10 points have been deducted from Hufflepuff. 

 

View Postgmann14, on 14 January 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Good vid. One thing I noticed lately.. 162k on 5700 game? I remember getting over 170k on roughly around 5k games, posted few screens on here. Which makes me think payouts have been lowered. And seems lower earnings also for 3-4k games, talked bout it w other is6 drivers.. anyone noticed that as well?

 

Thanks, gmann! That's interesting about the credit earnings. I haven't really noticed a difference, but I was never paying close attention in the first place. 

 


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


thunderthies #18 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 18003 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postdimzzy, on 14 January 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Cool but fix the mic please!

 

Ya my mic was suffering from an aneurism during the recording. Quicktime died on me too. I'm still working out the kinks. There's a lot of stuff going on at once to get it to work properly.

 

View Postzcostilla, on 14 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

Nicely done Thunder!

 

Zac

 

Thanks, costilla!

 

View PostArmour77, on 14 January 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Great vid, but the sound drops out at 16 mins.  Please fix if you can as your cometary is quite good.

 

Sorry about that, Armour.  I was having some technical difficulties. This was my first stab at working with video overlay and it shows in the production value. Hopefully I'll have everything fixed by the next go around. 

 

View PostNutellanism, on 14 January 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

:great: +1

 

Thanks, dude!

 

View PostRorakSZ13, on 14 January 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

fear the beard

 

 

Rawr. :izmena:


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


Alo8ight #19 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 959
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

Nice YouTube video thunder (minus the audio issues). Thanks for providing our community with this review!

 

The IS-6 gets my vote for one of the best Tier VIII premium vehicles in the game. In fact, my fellow comrade from the WoT PC community: pizzastorm can attest to this:great:

 

Feel free to check out his IS-6 stats.



OGFiery #20 Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 36720 battles
  • 5,214
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostAlo8ight, on 14 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Nice YouTube video thunder (minus the audio issues). Thanks for providing our community with this review!

 

The IS-6 gets my vote for one of the best Tier VIII premium vehicles in the game. In fact, my fellow comrade from the WoT PC community: pizzastorm can attest to this:great:

 

Feel free to check out his IS-6 stats.

 

He has almost 4500 battles in the IS-6, not to mention he's an unicum player :P

 

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/pizzastorm


Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users