Annihilators are XXXXXX

Annihilators Nerf Fix your game

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

GLKamper #21 Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42071 battles

The difference between the Annihilator and the other tanks mentioned here (Dracula, Helsing, Smasher) is that those tanks were released in smaller numbers. The Annihilator cost about half the price of the Smasher when it was first sold. The biggest impact I’ve seen is the number of Annihilator platoons and what it does to matchmaking. I had a battle the other day where Green had a platoon of Annihilators and Red’s platoon was a couple of 40%ers in medium tanks. Greens absolutely steamrolled the Reds. 

I’ve started playing my 252u or IS-6 if I get tired of the Annihilators. 

_Cletus #22 Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:50 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33621 battles
  • [III-C]
The core cause of the problem is that WG doesn't want to nerf premiums.  They sold a bunch of Smashers and it's blatantly obvious they are too strong.  But, but but WG doesn't want to nerf premiums, so the next best option is to release a tank that can compete with it.  Mission accomplished, almost nobody is complaining about the Smasher anymore.  It's time for WG to realize that players want balance.  There will always be some whining about nerfs, but will there be more whining than there is currently over OP tanks?  It's time to start nerfing some of these monsters and make it about fun and skill again.

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?

_Crusader6_ #23 Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:57 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

The bright side is it’s an absolute Wn8 crusher if you are not doing 2,600+ avg dmg 

So folks who care about their Wn8 will let it collect dust. 

Frankly I’ll be honest, I didn’t have much problem with Annihilators in my Rudolph ace chase. 
  Most of them are driving by drooling clowns. 
However I really don’t play under tier 8, so it doesn’t matter much to me. 

They are hilarious to HE in the rear in a T49 during a drive by though. 
   The rear is 45mm and the top engine deck is ~52 and catches fire nicely too.  

Tier 7 has been a dumpster fire for balance in a long time. 
   T29, T25 AT,  Tiger I, Panther I, and JP are great tier 7 tech tanks to deal with Annihilators (and stat pad Wn8 while doing it too).  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  449/451 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Ronin_23 #24 Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:43 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 28404 battles
  • [TENET]
Saying tier 7 has been bad for a while now is a terrible justification for the Annihilator.

_Crusader6_ #25 Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:07 PM

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 December 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Saying tier 7 has been bad for a while now is a terrible justification for the Annihilator.

I’m not justifying anything, I’m simply saying I’m was not surprised.  
   I think pre event when we all saw the stats, we knew this was going to be next level broken.  

I need more tanks...

FrogWithATopHat #26 Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5000 battles
  • [DONE]
I'm pretty sure WG can't nerf premiums. I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal for them to do that but don't quote me on that.

PLAYERS WITH  200 BATTLES  SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO PURCHASE A TIER 8 PREMIUM!!! 

RonaldusMaximus_ #27 Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:47 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostFrogWithATopHat, on 16 December 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure WG can't nerf premiums. I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal for them to do that but don't quote me on that.

I just did.

But they have nerfed premiums before. The AC4 Sentinel was nerfed right after the Australian event and I have not let it go since.

_Cletus #28 Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:54 PM

• Players
  • 33621 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostFrogWithATopHat, on 16 December 2020 - 09:37 AM, said:

It's not illegal.  The reason they don't nerf premiums is the fear that players will say "I spent good money on a tank with those specific stats, if you're gonna nerf it I want a refund."  Which is a legitimate argument I think, but it needs to be weighed against the need for balancing.  IMO if a lack of balance is ruining the game a nerf is necessary, and the players will need to suck it up and accept it.  Nerfing premiums should be kept to a minimum, but in extreme cases like the Anni and the Smasher it should be done.

FrogWithATopHat #29 Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5000 battles
  • [DONE]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 December 2020 - 03:54 PM, said:

It's not illegal.  The reason they don't nerf premiums is the fear that players will say "I spent good money on a tank with those specific stats, if you're gonna nerf it I want a refund."  Which is a legitimate argument I think, but it needs to be weighed against the need for balancing.  IMO if a lack of balance is ruining the game a nerf is necessary, and the players will need to suck it up and accept it.  Nerfing premiums should be kept to a minimum, but in extreme cases like the Anni and the Smasher it should be done.

Well the Smasher's technically a collector so WG can nerf it even with backlash from the player base

WhiteFury #30 Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:35 PM

Private

• Players
  • 20584 battles
  • [DMONS]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 16 December 2020 - 03:43 AM, said:

Mod note: I edited the title. 

Did I say a bad word?:hiding:

RonaldusMaximus_ #31 Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:40 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 19284 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostWhiteFury, on 16 December 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Did I say a bad word?:hiding:

You didn't have to, you opened your mouth.

Kiwi_Kebab #32 Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9789 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 December 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

At the end of the day, it's WG fault for poorly balancing (whether purposefully or not) tanks that they intend to sell for cash or gold. They should compensate players something for nerfing premiums if they do it. They'd rather buff TT tanks instead I think.

_Cletus #33 Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:02 PM

• Players
  • 33621 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 16 December 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

At the end of the day, it's WG fault for poorly balancing (whether purposefully or not) tanks that they intend to sell for cash or gold. They should compensate players something for nerfing premiums if they do it. They'd rather buff TT tanks instead I think.

Agreed.  It shouldn't have been hard to see that the anni was going to be ridiculously OP before it was released.  I don't know if premium owners need compensation, they should compensate the rest of the player base for having to put up with these ridiculous tanks.

Kiwi_Kebab #34 Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9789 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 December 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

Agreed.  It shouldn't have been hard to see that the anni was going to be ridiculously OP before it was released.  I don't know if premium owners need compensation, they should compensate the rest of the player base for having to put up with these ridiculous tanks.

My angle is that consumers are not to blame for buying OP premiums. Balancing the tank would be enough compensation for me (maybe a "don't put me in a battle with x tank" option? lol), but I think it would be subjectively fair to provide some additional compensation to the buyers of the nerfed premium. 

Of course, WG makes the rules and they have legal backing to just nerf or buff tanks at will without any form of payback. It's all about what makes the most buisness sense, not necessarily what's the most fair. You don't really want to make the people that feed you angry. 

_Cletus #35 Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:29 PM

• Players
  • 33621 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 16 December 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

My angle is that consumers are not to blame for buying OP premiums. Balancing the tank would be enough compensation for me (maybe a "don't put me in a battle with x tank" option? lol), but I think it would be subjectively fair to provide some additional compensation to the buyers of the nerfed premium. 

Of course, WG makes the rules and they have legal backing to just nerf or buff tanks at will without any form of payback. It's all about what makes the most buisness sense, not necessarily what's the most fair. You don't really want to make the people that feed you angry. 

And that's the reasoning behind not nerfing premiums.  I personally don't feel like compensation to owners is necessary.  I think that it's just part of owning tanks, any tank should have the ability to be adjusted to ensure good game play.  But you aren't wrong, there will be a ton of people raging for compensation if they do it.  Sorry, but that's just some pain they'll have to go through to make a better balanced game.

FrogWithATopHat #36 Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5000 battles
  • [DONE]
I mean the loophole here is just power creep.

Von_Blucher_1 #37 Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4228 battles
  • [KCS1]

But the Ann makes other premium tanks unusable.   For example the PZIVS.  Yea the tank is amazing at its tier.   But I don't touch it anymore because of Annihilators.   I'm ALWAYS up tiered.  The PZ IV is more accurate and....thats it...

How WG thinks thats a fair match-up I have no idea.            

When I see them in battle I refuse to even engage them.    I will once I'm at a distance where I can snipe.   But once they look my way I run off again. Problem is the PZ IV can't run from it.  So I stopped playing a tank I paid real money for.   

Luckily I got a Progetto 46 in a lockbox.  Yea its a tier higher.  But thats the one tank I'm in, where ill actually seek out Annihilators to destroy them. 

Then there is the looks.   Did WG set out to make the ugliest vehicle they possvlibly could?    Yikes.   

_Crusader6_ #38 Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:07 PM

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostFrogWithATopHat, on 16 December 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

The EULA/ Blitz Terms of Service allows WG to alter any digital good.  
     There is absolutely nothing legally stopping WG from nerf’ing any tank.  
WG generally doesn’t like to nerf premium tank (collectors and enriched too), but they have done it several times before. 
  Largest example was the loss of Pref MM to many tier 7/8 Premiums when +/-1 was introduced.  
Other examples can be found in 5.5 and if folks are really curious they can look at TeT’a Balance History thread pinned here.  

Consumer Protection laws go so far to stop ‘bait and switch’ but a nerf for Balance would not fall under that. 

I need more tanks...

Irany0 #39 Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:42 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 24773 battles
  • [FRS17]
I think they should just make every new tank a collector's vehicle. Wasn't the whole point of that status so they can balance vehicles without backlash?

Edited by Destroy0, 16 December 2020 - 07:42 PM.

DirkTheDaring76 #40 Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35098 battles
  • [ZOOM]

I remember when the IS3 Defender was released like a decade ago and how it just seemed like a monster. I hated to see it on the other team. I wanted one so bad, but it was always out of reach, ever during premium events like the winter auction, etc.

Now I don't even see them much and they are just another tier 8 heavy. This will be the same way. You just need time to figure out how to play against them. The Smasher is another example, I don't worry too much when I see one. 

Raise your lion cubs, it's the circle of (premium tank) life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users