Saving Replays to Photos on iMac

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BlackBeltBlitzer #1 Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1694 battles
  • [TID_]

I recently started playing on a Mac with updated software to Big Sur. I screen recorded some of my battles, but when I had finished playing, I found I couldn’t save them to photos. I can export as a file, but not as an actual video. What can I do to be able to save them as a video?

I want to share them to a shared album. I tried adding one in my files to the shared album, but it hasn’t come up.

:amazed: Thanks Tankers!

Stay Strong and Tank On! A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction.

Aced tanks: M2 Light (twice,) Pz. III (twice,) Pz. 38 n.A., Pz. IV D, Lago, M4 Sherman, S35 CA, Crusader, VK 30.01 D, Cromwell, VK 36.01 H, Agent, T 34-85, Strv 74, Luchs (twice), M5 Stuart, D2

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:20 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostBlackBeltBlitzer, on 17 December 2020 - 03:07 PM, said:

I recently started playing on a Mac with updated software to Big Sur. I screen recorded some of my battles, but when I had finished playing, I found I couldn’t save them to photos. I can export as a file, but not as an actual video. What can I do to be able to save them as a video?

I want to share them to a shared album. I tried adding one in my files to the shared album, but it hasn’t come up.

:amazed: Thanks Tankers!

When you say you 'screen recorded' some of your battles - did you actually do a screen record, or did you just turn on 'replays' in the Blitz settings?

If you have just turned on replays - then you need to actually do a screen record.  My iPad has this ability built in, but I'm not sure about Mac's - I would expect them to have a similar tool.   You would use the Blitz app to 'play back' the saved replay, and be sure to turn on the native 'screen recorder' before you start the replay - then you can save the 'video' that you just created with the screen recorder to your 'photos'.

HTH

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

acrisis #3 Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21880 battles
  • [III-C]

Have you tried  Quicktime, New Screen Recording

Note, you may run into issues grabbing the game audio, which if it doesn't grab it, may then require some third party tool like soundflower or newer/similar to setup virtual audio device. 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

BlackBeltBlitzer #4 Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1694 battles
  • [TID_]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 December 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

When you say you 'screen recorded' some of your battles - did you actually do a screen record, or did you just turn on 'replays' in the Blitz settings?

If you have just turned on replays - then you need to actually do a screen record.  My iPad has this ability built in, but I'm not sure about Mac's - I would expect them to have a similar tool.   You would use the Blitz app to 'play back' the saved replay, and be sure to turn on the native 'screen recorder' before you start the replay - then you can save the 'video' that you just created with the screen recorder to your 'photos'.

HTH

Peace-

Boris

Ok, I’ll try that. I figured out how to screen record on a Mac; Shift Command 5, I think. I was just wondering if I could change I file into a video.

View Postacrisis, on 17 December 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

Have you tried  Quicktime, New Screen Recording

Note, you may run into issues grabbing the game audio, which if it doesn't grab it, may then require some third party tool like soundflower or newer/similar to setup virtual audio device. 

Ok, thank you!

Edited by BlackBeltBlitzer, 17 December 2020 - 10:58 PM.

Aced tanks: M2 Light (twice,) Pz. III (twice,) Pz. 38 n.A., Pz. IV D, Lago, M4 Sherman, S35 CA, Crusader, VK 30.01 D, Cromwell, VK 36.01 H, Agent, T 34-85, Strv 74, Luchs (twice), M5 Stuart, D2

BlackBeltBlitzer #5 Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1694 battles
  • [TID_]
So I screen recorded the videos, but when I try to Airdrop a video to another device, it says it failed to save. Any ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users