Jump to content


M36 Jackson, a keeper?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

pilotharrison #1 Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

    Nub-in-Chief

  • Players
  • 15607 battles
  • 534
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    03-14-2015

I've recently been grinding out the M36 Jackson. Initially, I didn't like it too much, but with top gun I've really been enjoying how it drives, decent reload, pen, alpha, etc.  

  

I'm getting close to being able to research the T25 AT (already have enough with Free XP) and I'm debating whether or not to keep this in the garage. Or should I sell it and re-buy the Hellcat again?  

  

I see the M36 as an up-armoured Hellcat which I'd enjoy in the garage nonetheless, but I want some thoughts, do people keep the M36 or do they sell it after? 


Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber


_Baroness #2 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:09 PM

    Left the forums

  • Players
  • 20341 battles
  • 451
  • [NHP]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2018

I love the M36 Jackson.  It's one of my favorite tanks.  I would recommend keeping it.

 

 



Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

    Low-Calorie Snack

  • Players
  • 11291 battles
  • 2,034
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

I think it is worse since update 7.5. It's gun is actually worse than the Hellcat now in terms of DPM. So it's now both slower and worse at dealing damage. It has better armor, but is still a pretty easy pen for enemies that can aim at the turret and lower plate. 

 

I keep it for the cool Valor skin, but I think I'll choose the Hellcat over it nowadays. The T25 AT will not disappoint though!


Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

_Baroness #4 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:19 PM

    Left the forums

  • Players
  • 20341 battles
  • 451
  • [NHP]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2018

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 18 December 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

I think it is worse since update 7.5. It's gun is actually worse than the Hellcat now in terms of DPM. So it's now both slower and worse at dealing damage. It has better armor, but is still a pretty easy pen for enemies that can aim at the turret and lower plate. 

 

I keep it for the cool Valor skin, but I think I'll choose the Hellcat over it nowadays. The T25 AT will not disappoint though!

How dare you insult my M36!  You, kind sir, are a butt.

 

I'll have you know I am a good standing member of Boris' Den (of Iniquity).  I have the letters on my jacket.



Markus_The0 #5 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:25 PM

    Strategy and Kindness

  • Players
  • 32773 battles
  • 671
  • [HOOD]
  • Member since:
    08-01-2016

View Postpilotharrison, on 18 December 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

I've recently been grinding out the M36 Jackson. Initially, I didn't like it too much, but with top gun I've really been enjoying how it drives, decent reload, pen, alpha, etc.  

  

I'm getting close to being able to research the T25 AT (already have enough with Free XP) and I'm debating whether or not to keep this in the garage. Or should I sell it and re-buy the Hellcat again?  

  

I see the M36 as an up-armoured Hellcat which I'd enjoy in the garage nonetheless, but I want some thoughts, do people keep the M36 or do they sell it after? 

 

 

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 18 December 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

I think it is worse since update 7.5. It's gun is actually worse than the Hellcat now in terms of DPM. So it's now both slower and worse at dealing damage. It has better armor, but is still a pretty easy pen for enemies that can aim at the turret and lower plate. 

 

I keep it for the cool Valor skin, but I think I'll choose the Hellcat over it nowadays. The T25 AT will not disappoint though!

 

Yeah, I noticed they did decrease its dpm. They did give it 50 more HP, though, and they re-worked the armor model to make the sides much harder to use High Explosive shells on, and they made the front plate better armored, as well.

 

If you're interested in taking a look at the changes to its armor profile or the stat changes, you can find details here on Blitzhangar.com:

https://blitzhangar.com/en/update/7-5


Edited by Markus_The0, 18 December 2020 - 07:27 PM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.


Bait_Car #6 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:42 PM

    Mr. Nice Guy

  • Players
  • 67273 battles
  • 465
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016
I’ve got almost 12k battles in it. It’s my go to tank. It’s the only tank I ever spent gold on enrichment and camo. So yes, I would say it’s a keeper but I keep all my tanks:)

Edited by Bait_Car, 18 December 2020 - 07:43 PM.


Kiwi_Kebab #7 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:48 PM

    Low-Calorie Snack

  • Players
  • 11291 battles
  • 2,034
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View Post_Baroness, on 18 December 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

How dare you insult my M36!  You, kind sir, are a butt.

 

I'll have you know I am a good standing member of Boris' Den (of Iniquity).  I have the letters on my jacket.

I love the Jackson! I just value speed and damage potential over armor. The Jackson was the damage option before, but now it's not. I wish they'd not messed with it. 


Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

Markus_The0 #8 Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

    Strategy and Kindness

  • Players
  • 32773 battles
  • 671
  • [HOOD]
  • Member since:
    08-01-2016

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 18 December 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

I love the Jackson! I just value speed and damage potential over armor. The Jackson was the damage option before, but now it's not. I wish they'd not messed with it. 

 

Hmm, I like your nuanced opinion. I would have thought the tank was better overall, now, but I can see that you loved it for different reasons. It's cool when we all can love different tanks for their different quirks. I hope you'll still be able to really enjoy the Jackson, bro.


It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.


pilotharrison #9 Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:42 PM

    Nub-in-Chief

  • Players
  • 15607 battles
  • 534
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    03-14-2015

Thanks for the thoughts guys. 

 

My last battle in the Hellcat was in June 2016, so it's definitely been a few years since. I've certainly enjoyed the Hellcat, but I personally value trading off some speed and DPM for slightly better armour. 

 

I think I like the M36 for the ability to have varied playstyles- for me I play my M36 like a medium and it works out fine for the most part. Against T5s? I usually am closer to the front to help push, but against T6 and T7 I play as a support med, or push if there's some good hull down spots. Also, I take up the classic TD spots in some maps too, but not as much. 

 

I'm leaning towards keeping this one... 

 

 

 

 


Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber


Firebolt8 #10 Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:51 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15254 battles
  • 1
  • [-HMY-]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2020
I would keep it, one of my fav tier 6's.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users