what do people think of the Lycan

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mika_The_Vampire #1 Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4778 battles
  • [VMPIR]

i tried looking it up but couldnt really find anyone talking about this tank on here.

yesterday i got the event orb and pulled the Lycan. so far it seems good in the event mode, seems to have great armor and great gun depression. it has basically the IS's gun. the mobility seems pretty poor since its rather slow even in the event mode.

so far it seems like a better IS.

what do you think of this tank?

1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776 #2 Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18026 battles
  • [TVOLS]
It’s a pretty good tan......oh wait the annihilator says hi never mind

Duckmaster1303 #3 Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17327 battles
Its a very good tank, with a good mix of gd and armor. The gun is solid and the mobility is decent for a heavy. Its quite good for killing annilators too.

andyllinger #4 Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:34 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 37175 battles
  • [GRIM]

I got it from a snow globe too... The only tank that i didn't want...

So far it feels like a cool looking IS but all those annihilators and smashers make it pretty weak imo. 

35 Tier X

Modern_Neanderthal #5 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:09 AM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 71675 battles
  • [BOWL]
My clanmate and I like to run a Smasher/Lychan platoon. A/K/A the "Shmycan"

Kiwi_Kebab #6 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:17 AM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Another ridiculous abomination of a tank that should never have been added. 

It's like when you're trying to watch a dinosaur documentary, but then they put dragons in it to keep the kids watching. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

_Bland #7 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10545 battles
  • [DINGO]
All the funny Hybrid fake premium tanks kinda ruin the tanks.  Most of them are concepts that never would've even existed, adding a whole new style that should have never existed.  Plus, they look stupid.  It would've been so much better if they added prototype tanks, or new TT countries, or something even SORTA realistic

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

KempBushThe3rd #8 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:26 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 23663 battles
  • [MAPLE]
I don't know why but I always get this tank confused with the Lupus.

RedOctopus #9 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:50 AM

Banned - for Good

• Players
  • 5042 battles
  • [ROTI]
It's in Tier 7. Any tank in Tier 7 that is not OP right now is not worth playing unless you like burning WR. (I'm kidding obviously).

Mika_The_Vampire #10 Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4778 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Post1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776, on 31 December 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

It’s a pretty good tan......oh wait the annihilator says hi never mind

ya, annihilators can ruin your day, if you are good at making them bounce they can be killed with this tank atleast.

View PostDuckmaster1303, on 31 December 2020 - 01:42 AM, said:

Its a very good tank, with a good mix of gd and armor. The gun is solid and the mobility is decent for a heavy. Its quite good for killing annilators too.

100% agree with everything you said

View Postandyllinger, on 31 December 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

I got it from a snow globe too... The only tank that i didn't want...

So far it feels like a cool looking IS but all those annihilators and smashers make it pretty weak imo. 

ya, smashers on the other hand can easily remove like 800 HP from you...

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 31 December 2020 - 03:17 AM, said:

Another ridiculous abomination of a tank that should never have been added. 

It's like when you're trying to watch a dinosaur documentary, but then they put dragons in it to keep the kids watching. 

imo i like tanks like this. i dont really care for historical realism in a arcade game. i think tank history should be 100% true, but how tanks play or stuff like that can be fictional.

View Post_Bland, on 31 December 2020 - 03:20 AM, said:

All the funny Hybrid fake premium tanks kinda ruin the tanks.  Most of them are concepts that never would've even existed, adding a whole new style that should have never existed.  Plus, they look stupid.  It would've been so much better if they added prototype tanks, or new TT countries, or something even SORTA realistic

i would rather have these tanks than artillery. i also do not understand everyone wanting it to be real tanks only,  i think fantasy tanks add to the game as long as they have a basis in reality, like the Lycan is a tank that could of happened. if the tank is outrageously unrealistic, then i am with you. but if its a realistic design then i think its fine.

View PostKempBushThe3rd, on 31 December 2020 - 03:26 AM, said:

I don't know why but I always get this tank confused with the Lupus.

i dont blame you, i keep accidentally calling this tank the Lupus in my head :D

View PostRedOctopus, on 31 December 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

It's in Tier 7. Any tank in Tier 7 that is not OP right now is not worth playing unless you like burning WR. (I'm kidding obviously).

ya, a platoon of smashers or annihilators will rip you apart in seconds in any tier 7 tank and some tier 8 tanks.

i know this due to that happening to me :D

thank you all for your thoughts :)

Edited by Ookamidachi, 31 December 2020 - 03:56 AM.

Kiwi_Kebab #11 Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:06 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

The Lycan is not a tank that could have happened outside of a TV show. It literally looks like a tank created by the Werewolves from Twilight.

I hang out in tier X to avoid these eyesores altogether. Everything up there at least pretends to have been written on some engineers cocktail napkin. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

Mika_The_Vampire #12 Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4778 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 31 December 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

The Lycan is not a tank that could have happened outside of a TV show. It literally looks like a tank created by the Werewolves from Twilight.

I hang out in tier X to avoid these eyesores altogether. Everything up there at least pretends to have been written on some engineers cocktail napkin. 

but its hull style fits with russian high tiers? the turret looks similar to either a Swedish or a French turret too. its a pretty realistic tank design in terms of functionality. it has a strong sleek turret and it has a heavily agled pike nose. the treads would look much more normal if they had side skirts or something over them.

the tank is realistic in design and is visually similar to other tanks that did exist. (in terms of armor design)

Edited by Ookamidachi, 31 December 2020 - 04:38 PM.

Kiwi_Kebab #13 Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostOokamidachi, on 31 December 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

but its hull style fits with russian high tiers? the turret looks similar to either a Swedish or a French turret too. its a pretty realistic tank design in terms of functionality. it has a strong sleek turret and it has a heavily agled pike nose. the treads would look much more normal if they had side skirts or something over them.

the tank is realistic in design and is visually similar to other tanks that did exist. (in terms of armor design)

I meant to say that it IS a tank created by magical werewolves. Like, that's the canon. A magical folio enhanced the tank so that the internal modules can't break. 

You can say the Drac looks like the AMX CDC, but it's still a Vampire tank. I'm not saying they don't look like tanks, they just wouldn't have happened because they required literal magic to manifest. The idea that "the Lycan has basis in reality" because it has a hodgepodge of tank features is silly. They could have just made it a box with a turret and itd be similarly "based in reality", because the T1 Heavy actually existed. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users