Jump to content


WarGaming has crossed the line.

Avatar Overproced

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #41 Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

    There is no Society- go back to sleep.

  • Players
  • 74467 battles
  • 16,823
  • [-EXP-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostRedOctopus, on 05 January 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

You have to factor in the relative usefulness and enjoyment factor of each product.


Yes which makes anyone question who’d spend on an avatar.  


I hate Annihilator spammers...  

 
Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  449/451 Played Tanks Aced
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


Kiwi_Kebab #42 Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9789 battles
  • 1,889
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 05 January 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:


Yes which makes anyone question who’d spend on an avatar.  

Identity is really important to people. As an example, Fortnite's entire buisness models revolves around selling pointless cosmetics, dances, and backgrounds. That game is a huge financial success even disregarding its bout of phenomenal popularity. People will shell out to influence their nominal appearance as they curate a sense of "self" for the context of the game world. 

 

I think its very human to want baubles like avatars, but also very human to reject them as "pointless". It really depends on what aspects of the game a user finds enriching. Some players really like to look cool and be noticed, others could care less about the other humans they are playing with. There's room for both players, as long as everyone is following the rules. 



RedOctopus #43 Posted 06 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

    Banned - for Good

  • Players
  • 3468 battles
  • 684
  • [10]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2019

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 05 January 2021 - 06:57 PM, said:

Identity is really important to people. As an example, Fortnite's entire buisness models revolves around selling pointless cosmetics, dances, and backgrounds. That game is a huge financial success even disregarding its bout of phenomenal popularity. People will shell out to influence their nominal appearance as they curate a sense of "self" for the context of the game world. 

 

I think its very human to want baubles like avatars, but also very human to reject them as "pointless". It really depends on what aspects of the game a user finds enriching. Some players really like to look cool and be noticed, others could care less about the other humans they are playing with. There's room for both players, as long as everyone is following the rules. 

I agree. I go so far as to buy premium tanks that other people tend not to have so that I can stand out and not end up being one of the 3 KV-2s in my match. 



richdubz #44 Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:10 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21275 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostRedOctopus, on 05 January 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

You have to factor in the relative usefulness and enjoyment factor of each product.


Exactly!  Installing my snowman avatar from last year added 25 basis points to my WR.







Also tagged with Avatar, Overproced

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users