Jump to content


WarGaming has crossed the line.

Avatar Overproced

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Rou_Garou #21 Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:31 AM

    Carriers needed - apply inside

  • Players
  • 35642 battles
  • 1,157
  • [OP-4]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

opening the gates to tier 10 for anyone with a buck made any promotion game

selling M avatars always has irritated me.

avatars replaced boosters which replaced hmm I don't remember

but I think it is a better thing for WG than for the consumer

 

 

 


 

 

                                                                        


boris55555 #22 Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:50 AM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 33195 battles
  • 4,800
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View Posttanker070, on 03 January 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

 to unclutter battle UI as well... i dont need to see colorful things besides me shiny tank and a red outline.

everything else on the battle ground is a clutter, including team mates.

 

Would pay 2$ instead to remove avatars.

Yes


Proud Owner of 2 separate Jagdtiger10.5’s

 


CommanderSean_2014 #23 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:03 AM

    Yukari Ma Best Waifu

  • Players
  • 17760 battles
  • 728
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 04 January 2021 - 06:38 AM, said:

 People care about avatars? 

 

 


  A   Proud        

  Taiwanese     

1011921428

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 

 

Venstar21 #24 Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5626 battles
  • 463
  • [GORT]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2019
The only GuP avatars I got are from the deal with all the GuP tanks for $25

Edited by Venstar21, 04 January 2021 - 05:15 AM.

                                                      1036271415

War_Vet_1 #25 Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

    Major Disaster

  • Players
  • 18551 battles
  • 2,297
  • [4ROG]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 04 January 2021 - 06:46 AM, said:

Alright so I have been playing a little bit recently, and found something that absolutely crosses the line. I came out of a game in my Smasher and found, to my surprise, a Nonna avatar in a special deal. Now, I love Nonna as much as the next weeb, but $2 for an avatar that won’t be used that much just crosses the line in my opinion. If you disagree, it’s just your opinion and I respect that, but I feel like $2 for a .jpg or .png is a bit far. 


First, avatars do not improve in game performance so I don’t use them. Ditto for attachments. 



wrecker1968 #26 Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:14 AM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 58826 battles
  • 2,186
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
Blah Blah Blah..........

Ronin_23 #27 Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:21 AM

    Bot

  • Players
  • 28439 battles
  • 1,317
  • [TENET]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
I spent a lot more than $2 of my time to get the ATGM Master avatar.

dport02 #28 Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34955 battles
  • 2,346
  • [DOOMD]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
Waaa waaa of you don’t want it don’t buy it. That simple
RNG is rigged !

_Cletus #29 Posted 04 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33621 battles
  • 8,516
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

Avatars = easy money for WG = new maps, game modes, etc.....

 

Why complain about WG selling avatars?  Why complain about avatars?  Imagine you're developing a video game.  You can charge people $20 a tank, and if they buy enough tanks, you have enough money to build a new maps.  But, if you sold avatars, that give no benefit and that nobody has to buy, then maybe they could sell those tanks for $19.  Or maybe they can make two maps.  The point is, it's easy money, nobody has to buy them, nobody gets any benefit from them, it's just a way for the dumbest, and/or the richest, and/or the most fiscally irresponsible among us to help fund this game for everybody.  

 

Or, maybe they just funnel it all into a big raise for Ribble.  That seems like the best idea to me.

 

Spoiler

 


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

boris55555 #30 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:10 PM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 33195 battles
  • 4,800
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

:izmena:View Post_Cletus, on 04 January 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

Avatars = easy money for WG = new maps, game modes, etc.....

 

Why complain about WG selling avatars?  Why complain about avatars?  Imagine you're developing a video game.  You can charge people $20 a tank, and if they buy enough tanks, you have enough money to build a new maps.  But, if you sold avatars, that give no benefit and that nobody has to buy, then maybe they could sell those tanks for $19.  Or maybe they can make two maps.  The point is, it's easy money, nobody has to buy them, nobody gets any benefit from them, it's just a way for the dumbest, and/or the richest, and/or the most fiscally irresponsible among us to help fund this game for everybody.  

 

Or, maybe they just funnel it all into a big raise for Ribble.  That seems like the best idea to me.

 

Spoiler

 


et tu cletus?!? The den was founded on avatar hate!!!!!!   


Proud Owner of 2 separate Jagdtiger10.5’s

 


_Cletus #31 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:13 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33621 battles
  • 8,516
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postboris55555, on 04 January 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:


et tu cletus?!? The den was founded on avatar hate!!!!!!   

 

Oh I hate them and think they are stupid and you'll never catch me spending a dime on them.  But the world is full of dumb people, might as well let them fund my gaming.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

boris55555 #32 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:14 PM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 33195 battles
  • 4,800
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

In fairness I don’t really give a crap about avatars any more. Sure: they’re stupid, pointless, and wg was full of [edited]that the player base was clambering for something like a fierce strawberry. My issue was that the game was broken at the time, they failed to own it and instead had some moron in a corner drawing pixels with a crayon. 
 

sell your avatars and fund the game. I’m good with it. Sell a gup and tank I don’t want. I’ll give it a skip. Make money, please try to move the game forward without breaking it (looking at you missile mutts). 


Proud Owner of 2 separate Jagdtiger10.5’s

 


boris55555 #33 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 33195 battles
  • 4,800
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View Post_Cletus, on 04 January 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

 

Oh I hate them and think they are stupid and you'll never catch me spending a dime on them.  But the world is full of dumb people, might as well let them fund my gaming.


luckily. I welcome you back to the orthodoxy. I also feel the same way about all of the memberships you have and the free “training” videos I watch late at night. Fund away my brother. 


Edited by boris55555, 04 January 2021 - 03:16 PM.

Proud Owner of 2 separate Jagdtiger10.5’s

 


_Cletus #34 Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33621 battles
  • 8,516
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postboris55555, on 04 January 2021 - 09:14 AM, said:

In fairness I don’t really give a crap about avatars any more. Sure: they’re stupid, pointless, and wg was full of [edited]that the player base was clambering for something like a fierce strawberry. My issue was that the game was broken at the time, they failed to own it and instead had some moron in a corner drawing pixels with a crayon. 
 

sell your avatars and fund the game. I’m good with it. Sell a gup and tank I don’t want. I’ll give it a skip. Make money, please try to move the game forward without breaking it (looking at you missile mutts). 

 

Agreed, that was my big hate on avatars when they came out.  There were, and are, things more deserving of developers time.  But that was then, and now they are here, might as well make the best of it.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

jkwon126 #35 Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 51345 battles
  • 1,885
  • [4_AD]
  • Member since:
    05-12-2016

View Post_Cletus, on 04 January 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

Avatars = easy money for WG = new maps, game modes, etc.....

 

Why complain about WG selling avatars?  Why complain about avatars?  Imagine you're developing a video game.  You can charge people $20 a tank, and if they buy enough tanks, you have enough money to build a new maps.  But, if you sold avatars, that give no benefit and that nobody has to buy, then maybe they could sell those tanks for $19.  Or maybe they can make two maps.  The point is, it's easy money, nobody has to buy them, nobody gets any benefit from them, it's just a way for the dumbest, and/or the richest, and/or the most fiscally irresponsible among us to help fund this game for everybody.  

 

Or, maybe they just funnel it all into a big raise for Ribble.  That seems like the best idea to me.

 

Spoiler

 

 

Avatars are great. Other people who care about them are essentially keeping my wotb costs down.


 

 

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV


richdubz #36 Posted 05 January 2021 - 03:12 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21275 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
Wait a friggin second.  The OP who shelled out big $ for the Smasher is complaining about a $2 avatar?


CommanderSean_2014 #37 Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:10 PM

    Yukari Ma Best Waifu

  • Players
  • 17760 battles
  • 728
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View Postrichdubz, on 05 January 2021 - 11:12 AM, said:

Wait a friggin second.  The OP who shelled out big $ for the Smasher is complaining about a $2 avatar?

Bruh


  A   Proud        

  Taiwanese     

1011921428

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 

 

richdubz #38 Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21275 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostCommanderSean_2014, on 05 January 2021 - 07:10 AM, said:

Bruh


The other kids made me say it!



Major_Sweatpants #39 Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:06 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6211 battles
  • 879
  • [PANEM]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View Postrichdubz, on 04 January 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

Wait a friggin second.  The OP who shelled out big $ for the Smasher is complaining about a $2 avatar?


I got it for $20 USD from a lucky 7 crate



RedOctopus #40 Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:52 PM

    Banned - for Good

  • Players
  • 3468 battles
  • 684
  • [10]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2019

View Postrichdubz, on 04 January 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

Wait a friggin second.  The OP who shelled out big $ for the Smasher is complaining about a $2 avatar?

You have to factor in the relative usefulness and enjoyment factor of each product.







Also tagged with Avatar, Overproced

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users