Battle Passes - New Tanks EVERY MONTH? From Now On...??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Jean_Luc_D_Argent #1 Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [III-C]

Hey y'all!

I don't get on the forums much, but I just got to wondering. If they add a new tank each new battle pass (which has seemed to be about monthly), won't that quickly and drastically change the game, especially in Tier 6 if that's where they keep dumping the event tanks? Or will they start to offer other rewards in place of new tanks?

I mean, we had the Thunder, the Eraser (pretty meh), the Agent, the Annihilator (mad games, I know), Rudolph (ahem), Eagle7, and now the Icebreaker...   most of these are better than their supposed tech tree counterparts (obviously, some are totally new). I guess I just started to wonder if they keep up this pace what the game will be like by the end of the year.

Any thoughts on this? Or any idea if WG plans to keep offering new tanks each month...? If this has already been discussed, I apologize - I did try a search first, but my search skills aren't always up to par.

o7

Jean_Luc_D_Argent

III-C

Edited by Jean_Luc_D_Argent, 11 January 2021 - 09:20 AM.

whatzup22 #2 Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3069 battles
  • [FOIL]
New premiums comes out faster than new tech trees.
British lights seemed like the newer lines yet they were added 7 months ago.

Jean_Luc_D_Argent #3 Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [III-C]
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the PACE of adding new tanks has increased substantially in the last year or so.

_Crusader6_ #4 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 72281 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostJean_Luc_D_Argent, on 11 January 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the PACE of adding new tanks has increased substantially in the last year or so.

Not really.  We got Brit lights and the Swedish heavies in the 7’s, that doesn’t really change much from previous. 
   The Czech Meds are coming - and they may or may not fall during a 7.X update.  

Battle pass tanks are simple reskinned tech trees with some tweaks on stats.  It’s tier 6, so it’s not significantly altering to game play. 
    Now Annihilator was an event tank, and like most are a tier 7, the Eagle is another event tank and tier 7. 

Adding low tier premiums/collectors is a easy day for WG as it doesn’t screw up competition play.  

Tank Hoarder: 429 tanks in Garage:  440/440 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #5 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-C]

The Battle Pass allows younger accounts to pick up some collector tanks and extra tier VI tanks.

So, yes, certainly for tier VI I would agree that the landscape is changing at least a little and may offer some extra opposition to our favorite tier V tanks.

To what extent do these tanks get driven a lot though? Maybe by a few new accounts who treat it like their Anko or Kuro back in the day? 

Undoubtedly, driving ones favorite tier old tier V & VI Tech Tree & Premium tanks, there's stuff we never thought we'd see in the first two three years of the game.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Rou_Garou #6 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:39 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 34961 battles
  • [OP-4]

I'm thinking corona gives them all time to develop more stuff because of lockdown.

They are cranking out tanks, maps, modes, and stuff we haven't seen yet.

Probably making more coins than ever.  Win Win for WG and tankers

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:41 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 18563 battles
  • [III-P]
At least the put more effort into keeping the tier 6 BP tanks balanced. I have yet to see one that was noticeably over powered.

j_rod #8 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:58 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28601 battles
  • [III-R]
I honestly think it’s a brilliant move. The BP tanks are basically reskinned TT tanks with small changes so they don’t break the game, but they’re unique enough that people want them. At $5, they’re also cheap enough for most to afford.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Dirk_The_Dragon_Slayer #9 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34343 battles
  • [F-M-J]
Things will be ok. My guess is they'll start to change up the BP offers at some point. Else they will literally run out of tier 6's to modify (or at least tanks people want - a ghouly Nashorn probably won't bring out the big spenders). But even without the tanks, I'd still buy in. It's just a great offer on gold and coin and boosters, etc. 

BAR_001 #10 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 34107 battles
  • [HAHA]
The BP events have been a good way for anyone to get some easy perks either at an affordable price or for free. The downside seems to be that the truly Epic events are becoming a thing of the past. Most of the BP tanks seem pretty meh really. Thunder and Eraser to me are glitzy and inferior to their TT counterparts IMO. I do like the agent though. So in a way the BP concept has replaced the introduction of new, well thought out, great tanks with mediocrity and more of the same in a new wrapper.
RNG doesn't bother hackers.

RonaldusMaximus_ #11 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:49 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 18563 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostDirk_The_Dragon_Slayer, on 11 January 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

(or at least tanks people want - a ghouly Nashorn probably won't bring out the big spenders).

You are very unaware of who you find yourself surrounded with.  

Half the Den would buy crates with 5% drop rates for such a Nashorn.

Jean_Luc_D_Argent #12 Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [III-C]

Good discussion, folks! I appreciate all the thoughts & wisdom, here.  

o7

Kiwi_Kebab #13 Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8481 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

They are usually equivalent to other options already available. The Eagle and Anni were actually not standard Battle Pass options, but just main event tanks. 

If the BP tanks were all over powered monsters, then it would be a definite issue, but I think they are mostly balanced so far (at least balanced enough to have competition). 

_Crusader6_ #14 Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

• Players
  • 72281 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostDirk_The_Dragon_Slayer, on 11 January 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

Things will be ok. My guess is they'll start to change up the BP offers at some point. Else they will literally run out of tier 6's to modify (or at least tanks people want - a ghouly Nashorn probably won't bring out the big spenders). But even without the tanks, I'd still buy in. It's just a great offer on gold and coin and boosters, etc. 

There are 29 TT Tier 6 tanks, so far they have only used the KV-1S (Thunder) ARL (Eraser), M4A3E8 (Rudolph), VK28.01 (Agent) and VK36.01(H) (Icebreaker).

Plus the T21, T-150, VK 30.02 (M), and Churchill Gun Carrier where TT tanks removed in 5.5, and could be used for some rework into BP tanks.

Then 18 other unused Premium tanks that could be used as well.

In short WG has a vast supply to choose from, plus they could alter some other tier tanks to bring into a tier 6 setting.

I need more tanks...

Dirk_The_Dragon_Slayer #15 Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34343 battles
  • [F-M-J]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 11 January 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

There are 29 TT Tier 6 tanks, so far they have only used the KV-1S (Thunder) ARL (Eraser), M4A3E8 (Rudolph), VK28.01 (Agent) and VK36.01(H) (Icebreaker).

Plus the T21, T-150, VK 30.02 (M), and Churchill Gun Carrier where TT tanks removed in 5.5, and could be used for some rework into BP tanks.

Then 18 other unused Premium tanks that could be used as well.

In short WG has a vast supply to choose from, plus they could alter some other tier tanks to bring into a tier 6 setting.

Sure, but no one would be excited for a good number of those. (And you missed a few: we have the P43 anniverso Italian, Kuro Mori Mine along with Strav 74A2, t-3485 Victory, Cromwell B as premiums, etc. - I wouldn't expect an additional event tank as well for those and probably some others I missed.)  Especially as those tanks already used were tanks considered decent already at tier 6. The idea that lots of folks would look forward to a fruity tooty Churchill GC special BP tank for Valentines day or a St. Patrick's Day lucky AT8, as examples, is silly. That's my point. The well isn't 33 tanks deep. It's far more shallow.

They'll come up with different types of variations.

_Crusader6_ #16 Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:39 PM

• Players
  • 72281 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostDirk_The_Dragon_Slayer, on 11 January 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

Sure, but no one would be excited for a good number of those. (And you missed a few: we have the P43 anniverso Italian, Kuro Mori Mine along with Strav 74A2, t-3485 Victory, Cromwell B as premiums, etc. - I wouldn't expect an additional event tank as well for those and probably some others I missed.)  Especially as those tanks already used were tanks considered decent already at tier 6. The idea that lots of folks would look forward to a fruity tooty Churchill GC special BP tank for Valentines day or a St. Patrick's Day lucky AT8, as examples, is silly. That's my point. The well isn't 33 tanks deep. It's far more shallow.

They'll come up with different types of variations.

Realistically there are 30 Tier6  tanks that could be used for further variation.

Beyond that you start to need to add to variations on a variation...

I need more tanks...

tanker070 #17 Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 61622 battles
  • [OHNUG]

im glad we not getting more defender tanks. as much as I like 0 emission tanks the defender tanks are all loaders with good armor that are fast-ish.  VS  traditional auto-loaders that have paper armor or very slow with armor.

tier6 is still fun one IF you have the right tank.  rest of them are just skip thru with current pace of 25 battle grind.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

YOLO_4_BOLO #18 Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8086 battles
  • [ATORS]

View Posttanker070, on 11 January 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

im glad we not getting more defender tanks. as much as I like 0 emission tanks the defender tanks are all loaders with good armor that are fast-ish.  VS  traditional auto-loaders that have paper armor or very slow with armor.

tier6 is still fun one IF you have the right tank.  rest of them are just skip thru with current pace of 25 battle grind.

You haven't heard? Next month's BP is Operation Green Energy. The next tank is called the Tesla P105 Defender.

whatzup22 #19 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3069 battles
  • [FOIL]

View PostYOLO_4_BOLO, on 12 January 2021 - 06:05 AM, said:

You haven't heard? Next month's BP is Operation Green Energy. The next tank is called the Tesla P105 Defender.

Sounds so realistic I thought it was real

AsianMan_45 #20 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:35 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2061 battles
  • [OILER]
I don't know if this actually was a "Battle Pass" Operation, I'm pretty sure it was called "Hunter's Moon" or something different. Two vehicles I earned from the event were: 

Lycan (Tier VII) (Heavy Tank) 
Nightmare (Looks like a StuG) (Tier V) (Tank Destroyer)

I don't have them on my current account, my old one did but it got banned. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users