No se que poner aquí

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_1041882547 #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:17 AM

Private

• Players
  • 987 battles
  • [M5A0D]

Soy nuevo, no se como usar éste sitio web y quisiera ayuda :)

whatzup22 #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3069 battles
  • [FOIL]
1. This is a english forum page only for english speakers.

andyllinger #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 35934 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 January 2021 - 02:53 AM, said:

No it is not... If you don't understand what he's saying or don't care about spanidh then why did you even bother to write a response?

Bienvenido amigo, hay una sección en español en el foro y tambien hay varios canales de youtube en español para que mejores y aprendas :medal:

35 Tier X

KING_SNAK3 #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9140 battles
  • [_SP_]

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 January 2021 - 07:53 AM, said:

I agree it is a english forum.Forum of the AMERICA'S. America is english (supposed to be any way) not spanish or hispanic.

generalhonks #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostKING_SNAK3, on 13 January 2021 - 08:54 AM, said:

I agree it is a english forum.Forum of the AMERICA'S. America is english (supposed to be any way) not spanish or hispanic.

Oh my god. The term America encompasses both North and South America. America is NOT a country. It has no official language. It is simply a term used to describe two continents. The term you are looking for is the US. That’s a country. I see no problem with someone speaking a different language trying to converse with us. Just go up to the search bar, and type in Google translate. Pretty simple. Or better yet, actually learn a language. 

Edit: The US actually has no official language. So shut up about the whole “America is english (supposed to be any way), not Spanish or Hispanic. If you actually knew what you were talking about none of this would’ve happened.

Edited by generalhonks, 13 January 2021 - 01:10 PM.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

whatzup22 #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3069 battles
  • [FOIL]

View Postandyllinger, on 13 January 2021 - 08:46 PM, said:

No it is not... If you don't understand what he's saying or don't care about spanidh then why did you even bother to write a response?

Bienvenido amigo, hay una sección en español en el foro y tambien hay varios canales de youtube en español para que mejores y aprendas :medal:

Google translate

tankeatingtiger #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:56 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [D2TH]

We do have a Spanish section of the forums. It's not a big deal.

Bienvenidos a los foros! (Welcome to the forums!)

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Zuke76 #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:18 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 19334 battles
  • [FL-TH]
:)

VikkoTheTusken #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:55 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19639 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostRenamedUser_1041882547, on 12 January 2021 - 08:17 PM, said:

Soy nuevo, no se como usar éste sitio web y quisiera ayuda :)

Bienvenidos.   

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

oicram1 #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 45526 battles
  • [DEF_4]

View PostKING_SNAK3, on 13 January 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

The Americas run from North (Canada) to the South (Patagonia/Chile/Argentina). Murica is the p[art in the middle who constantly show their lack of understanding of vocabulary, history, and geography. This is the NA server forum, get learnt. 

Bienvenido, no te preocupes con los que manchen. Hay muchos aquí que hablan español, portugués, y otros lenguajes. No tenga miedo cuando usted tiene preguntas o algo que quiere compartir. 

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

Posit1ve_ #11 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:55 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 65492 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 13 January 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

Oh my god. The term America encompasses both North and South America. America is NOT a country. It has no official language. It is simply a term used to describe two continents. The term you are looking for is the US. That’s a country. I see no problem with someone speaking a different language trying to converse with us. Just go up to the search bar, and type in Google translate. Pretty simple. Or better yet, actually learn a language. 

Edit: The US actually has no official language. So shut up about the whole “America is english (supposed to be any way), not Spanish or Hispanic. If you actually knew what you were talking about none of this would’ve happened.

View Postoicram1, on 13 January 2021 - 05:18 PM, said:

The Americas run from North (Canada) to the South (Patagonia/Chile/Argentina). Murica is the p[art in the middle who constantly show their lack of understanding of vocabulary, history, and geography. This is the NA server forum, get learnt. 

Bienvenido, no te preocupes con los que manchen. Hay muchos aquí que hablan español, portugués, y otros lenguajes. No tenga miedo cuando usted tiene preguntas o algo que quiere compartir. 

While in the current context, as the forum banner says "The Americas", you are correct in saying that all of North and South America are included.

That being said, I do take issue in your statement that says "America is not a country" and that "America encompasses both North and South America"

These are both false statements. America is the name of the country. Full stop. The "United States of America" is "America" in the same way that the "Federated States of Micronesia" is "Micronesia", or the "United Mexican States" is "Mexico". 

Moreover, unless otherwise stated, the way the English language works, is that country identification takes precedent over continent identification based on the fact that literally nobody refers to themselves by the name of their continent. Maybe in some alternate reality where people introduce themselves as "North American" instead of Canadian, or "African" instead of Eritrean, then saying "America" refers to not just one, but two continents, would make sense, but welcome to real life.

And as far as the forum goes? It doesn't matter that America doesn't have an official language, because surprise, English is the official language of this forum. Go ahead, read section 3.1 here:

I can save you the trouble though:

"The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages is allowed in special forum sections only."

Edit-I don't have a problem with someone posting in Spanish in the wrong section, after all, the rules do allow for leniency here, but I do take offense when someone is going to call people out while being incorrect

Edited by Posit1ve_, 13 January 2021 - 11:00 PM.

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

oicram1 #12 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 45526 battles
  • [DEF_4]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 13 January 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

While in the current context, as the forum banner says "The Americas", you are correct in saying that all of North and South America are included.

That being said, I do take issue in your statement that says "America is not a country" and that "America encompasses both North and South America"

These are both false statements. America is the name of the country. Full stop. The "United States of America" is "America" in the same way that the "Federated States of Micronesia" is "Micronesia", or the "United Mexican States" is "Mexico". 

Moreover, unless otherwise stated, the way the English language works, is that country identification takes precedent over continent identification based on the fact that literally nobody refers to themselves by the name of their continent. Maybe in some alternate reality where people introduce themselves as "North American" instead of Canadian, or "African" instead of Eritrean, then saying "America" refers to not just one, but two continents, would make sense, but welcome to real life.

And as far as the forum goes? It doesn't matter that America doesn't have an official language, because surprise, English is the official language of this forum. Go ahead, read section 3.1 here:

I can save you the trouble though:

"The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages is allowed in special forum sections only."

That still does excuse the "git, git outa here" mentality that seems to prevail with some former, right? I mean, all are welcome, right? Most are welcoming in the diversity instead of showing others the door immediately. That is a tell to many, so ,English, so be it., A certain level of decorum and class apparently is not official.

whatzup22 #13 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3069 battles
  • [FOIL]

View Postoicram1, on 14 January 2021 - 06:18 AM, said:

I said english forum PAGE, not english forum. Naturally this forum has different pages dedicated to different language speakers.

Also i obviously know my geography

oicram1 #14 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:56 AM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 45526 battles
  • [DEF_4]

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 January 2021 - 06:00 PM, said:

I said english forum PAGE, not english forum. Naturally this forum has different pages dedicated to different language speakers.

Also i obviously know my geography

This is a tank only forum, NOT geography. 

NastyShrimp5 #15 Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3337 battles
  • [SSB1]

Civility, gentlemen! We don’t want this poor guy’s first experience on the forums to be us arguing...

¡Bienvenido a los foros! Soy bastante nuevo aquí, ¡pero estoy seguro de que alguien aquí puede ayudarlo a guiarlo!

(traducido con Google Translate)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users