The Strv 74 is just...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pilotharrison #1 Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:08 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 15763 battles
  • [SR-71]

In my opinion, the Strv 74 is a horrible tank, the m/42 was great but the 74 is just bad.  

My experiences with the 74 have just been bad... I'm constantly bottom tier (as with 90% of my battles), and I've been finding the gun is quite inaccurate. I'm feeling like I have a lot more bounces and non-damage pens than my other T6 meds and my alpha average is 114 which is pretty low. 

Personally, I feel like it has no carry potential compared to the T-34-85/Type 58, and even the premium autoloader version is better since it has a smaller turret, instead of that tall and massive turret on the regular TT tank. I'm running a 19.35% WR in 31 battles and it's my worst performing tier 6 medium by far. 

Is the tank bad as well in your opinion, or am I doing something wrong? 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

_BobaFett #2 Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

I'm not at the beach, this is a bathtub!

• Players
  • 18616 battles
  • [BOBA_]
It felt very meh to me too. I suspect you and I are not the only ones who feel this way about it.

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:37 PM

The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

• Players
  • 16522 battles
  • [PRD]

Wow, odd since I love this tank.

Are you stock or top? The tank stock sucks, in fact the stock grind is one of the worst I've done. But when top I had good luck with this tank. The gun is like a laser pointer, accurate and with decent penetration and RoF. I rarely missed in it, it's such a comfortable gun. The side and rear are paper, so try and use ridgelines and your 10 degrees of gun depression to bounce shells with the large and thick mantlet. It's overall one of my favorite Tier VI mediums, so maybe this is just my opinion talking, but it's not that bad of a vehicle.

If you want something more unique, try the Leo. It's got a big derp gun slapped on it, also another great medium. If these tanks are not your speed, I'd try the P.43 bis and P.43 ter, they are both very good vehicles in their own right.

Gavidoc01 #4 Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 55987 battles
  • [III]
I'm doing quite well in the tank. I find it to be a very good one though the turret is ginormous.

To those who lose

Winrate is meaningless.

waga100 #5 Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles
I think its one of the better tier 6 meds. Not on the level of the 200+ alpha ones but ahead of everything else. Just the fact that it has gun depression and turret armour on top of the exact same gun that every tier 6 med gets + mobility instantly makes it better than the chi-to, 30.01d,  firefly, any Lt. You know what I'd take it over a cromwell or 20801 any day. You can actually win a position instead of exclusively relying on scavenging shots

Edited by waga100, 03 February 2021 - 01:09 AM.

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

KempBushThe3rd #6 Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:07 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 23663 battles
  • [MAPLE]
It has nice turret armor and gun depression but everything about the tank is just average. Not a bad tank by any means.

christianthetankkiller #7 Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:24 AM

Gold Hoarding Dragon

• Players
  • 19519 battles
  • [GOD23]

View Postpilotharrison, on 02 February 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

In my opinion, the Strv 74 is a horrible tank, the m/42 was great but the 74 is just bad.  

My experiences with the 74 have just been bad... I'm constantly bottom tier (as with 90% of my battles), and I've been finding the gun is quite inaccurate. I'm feeling like I have a lot more bounces and non-damage pens than my other T6 meds and my alpha average is 114 which is pretty low. 

Personally, I feel like it has no carry potential compared to the T-34-85/Type 58, and even the premium autoloader version is better since it has a smaller turret, instead of that tall and massive turret on the regular TT tank. I'm running a 19.35% WR in 31 battles and it's my worst performing tier 6 medium by far. 

Is the tank bad as well in your opinion, or am I doing something wrong? 

I too had trouble with the strv 74. Maybe it just me, but I feel like the enemy penetrated me regardless of my positioning. The gun seemed good, but there are lots of better mediums in tier VI to choose from that have good guns plus are agile or have armor.

My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail is a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death! -Smaug

Check out my thread about special deals only on the Switch:http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/112118-switch-only-deals/

rosgrim #8 Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 118770 battles
  • [COD]

I think the tank is pretty solid.

Actually it is also a good school tank for higher tier tank that have gun depression and pretty good turret.

It is not a monster and it require - even at that tier - a good positioning skill, but it isn't bad at all.

Try to understand what you are doing wrong: most probably you are trading too much shot and brawling.

At the beginning I hated it and I did very bad.

In fact now I'n playing to rehabilitate it at 60% (I'm 59%) and I mastered it several time.

It happens to me to carry even tier 7 battles.

Many (good players) run over 70%WR

Edited by rosgrim, 03 February 2021 - 05:10 AM.

pilotharrison #9 Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:50 AM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 15763 battles
  • [SR-71]

I think the really tall profile and massive turret makes it feel weak for me, at least the T-34 can bounce some shots if you're lucky. I think additionally the turret traverse feels kinda slow, compared to the 50 deg/s in the Cromwell and 53 in the T-34-85, and the M4 with its 38 has better hull turn speed. I've been struggling to get shots in from a distance, cause I've been bouncing/non-damage pen a lot more compared to other tier 6 meds, but I've been playing not very aggressive since the rest of this tank is literally butter. 

I might just free xp to the Leo, get this out of the way since the Emil is the end goal for me. 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users