Easy 8 not an easy tank and power-crept?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pilotharrison #1 Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:52 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 15607 battles
  • [SR-71]

I've been struggling in the Easy 8 compared to my other M4 series tanks hard. It feels horribly power-crept, especially when being put up against the Smashers and Annihlators. 

I know to sit back and do medium tank things and to abuse hull down with that 12-degree gun depression, but it doesn't help that I get a lot of moron teams at tier 7 and I think that's when there's no carry power. Also when playing, seems like the pen is not too great, or at least I've been getting too much RNG trolling me on my end. 

Anyways, any tips on driving this thing? I'm highly considering free-xping it, since I have 400k free xp and most of my modules are researched up to the M46. 

Cheers y'all 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:59 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 37865 battles
  • [MINC]
Un-mothballed it a couple months ago to rehab. I like having it in my garage because that legendary camo is top-notch, but I don't like playing the thing. The American philosophy of a solid all-around tank doesn't really do anything for me because the gun depression is really the only strength. Like you said it feels like a struggle to carry at all, the gun just doesn't do anything.

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:35 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Heavy tank buffs made mediums harder to drive in general. The Anni has powercrept the entirity of tier 6 as well. 

Pen isn't great, ecspecially compared to the Sherman Firefly, which I am a personal fan of (NA #2 Saunders SP driver, right here!). I also remember liking the Chi-To, but it also gets a better gun than the E8. 

Keep playing it like a paper medium, liberally apply prammo, and abuse hills. It has enough side armor to sidescrape against 105mm guns (the tier V M4 actually has better side armor though, strangely enough). Just keep it really narrow. 

Edited by Kiwi_Kebab, 28 February 2021 - 04:54 PM.

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

_BobaFett #4 Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

I'm not at the beach, this is a bathtub!

• Players
  • 18383 battles
  • [BOBA_]

Fun fact, the M4 Sherman has a stronger gun mantlet than the E8. 

Yeah I agree it's not the greatest of tanks. It lacks the penetration and mobility to really do things, and it's very meh at everything else. I had an okay time with it. Enjoyed the M4 more.

Kiwi_Kebab #5 Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:45 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View Post_BobaFett, on 17 February 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Fun fact, the M4 Sherman has a stronger gun mantlet than the E8. 

Yeah I agree it's not the greatest of tanks. It lacks the penetration and mobility to really do things, and it's very meh at everything else. I had an okay time with it. Enjoyed the M4 more.

Pretty much agree; M4 is probably better tier-for-tier with its solid armor profile. E8 is much more paper, though it's noticeably more mobile. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

_BobaFett #6 Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:54 PM

I'm not at the beach, this is a bathtub!

• Players
  • 18383 battles
  • [BOBA_]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 17 February 2021 - 02:45 PM, said:

Pretty much agree; M4 is probably better tier-for-tier with its solid armor profile. E8 is much more paper, though it's noticeably more mobile. 

E8 is also a much larger profile than the M4, plus the armor isn't sloped at all unlike the M4. Something I hadn't even thought about until now.

anonym_CtooXgQbXTk2 #7 Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The easy 8 has awesome gun handling. You need to spam ridges, hills, or any other type of cover that allows you to use gun depression. You need to learn how to "snapshot" while using those hills as well. You don't really need to wait for the aiming circle to shrink that much, because you can just move back and forth and spam shots while they can't zero in on your turret weak spot cheeks. 

_SeenThe #8 Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:30 PM

Floof Fanatic

• Players
  • 30198 battles
  • [N3GR0]
U seem to do rly well in it

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users