Jump to content


Plausible Deniability Destroyed


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Texas_Tyrant #1 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:43 PM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 13271 battles
  • 1,492
  • [_SP_]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

Howdy Tankers!

 

So the most OP goddam tank at tier 7 (Most OP tier-4-tier) is the Annihilator. I was going through Bliztstars and saw that the MOST PLAYED tank in the game is the Annihilator. The past 90 days 3,193,811 battles have been played in the tank by 13,254 players. The masses play this more than a Waffenträger auf Pz. IV or a FV215B (183) which surprised me.

 

Scroll to the very bottom of Blitzstars.com to find the information. WG needs to buff all the tech tree tanks up to par with the Annihilator or just merge tier 7/8 and make tier 6 top tier always. Of course, there's always the option of sucking it up and ignoring it as I'm sure WG would say.

 

BlitzStars | Player Statistics & History for World of Tanks: Blitz

 

I think it was pathetic when they denied that they have ever nerfed a premium. Here: #devs-answers (discord.com)

 

When they nerfed premiums here: 5.5 changes | Blitz Hangar

 

What did RibbleStripe say? That a premium has never been nerfed. What happened to all the low tier premiums before 5.5? They got nerfed and turned into collectors. That's a sick lie to everyone. Why did they do it? Probably because the player base is largely uninformed, more newbs than vets, few are left and remember from before 5.5, they know the player base is brain dead, and they don't want to scare people from buying premiums. If they can nerf premium tanks from 5.5 they can certainly nerf premiums now. WG should have chosen a better excuse than this one as it does not hold water.

 

Git gud at excuses WG and choose a better lie.

 

Power = Control

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


acrisis #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:50 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21357 battles
  • 13,402
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
I don't think there's a need for those quotes ... 

 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

 [ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

 


Ddbro_gaming #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9443 battles
  • 267
  • [UNI0N]
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016
And smasher isn't a premium either, it's a collector, and collectors can be nerfed, that's why there's no premiums in tier X, only collectors and enriched tanks

_Crusader6_ #4 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:04 PM

    Horn broken, watch for finger.

  • Players
  • 76245 battles
  • 17,754
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 23 February 2021 - 11:00 AM, said:

And smasher isn't a premium either, it's a collector, and collectors can be nerfed, that's why there's no premiums in tier X, only collectors and enriched tanks


M60 was released as a premium way before collector and enriched existed.


I hate Annihilator spammers...  

 
Tank Hoarder: 456 tanks in Garage:  468/471 Played Tanks Aced
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


Kiwi_Kebab #5 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

    Low-Calorie Snack

  • Players
  • 10108 battles
  • 1,965
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 23 February 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:


M60 was released as a premium way before collector and enriched existed.

It ironically has the same credit coefficient as the M48 lol

 

They want people to buy tanks without fear of them being downgraded. They want tanks to feel like long-term investments when you buy them for real money. 


Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

Texas_Tyrant #6 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:13 PM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 13271 battles
  • 1,492
  • [_SP_]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

View Postacrisis, on 23 February 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

I don't think there's a need for those quotes ... 

 

I think there is. WG is the power and they are "rewriting" their history. Telling a lie about their past premiums have been nerfed. They are saying they have never nerfed them. The quote from Napoleon fits because they are having you agree with them that premiums have never been nerfed. The quote from George Orwell fits because it is purposefully duping the player base on the history of the game. I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 1984 thrown around. 1984 is written by George Orwell and speaks on the subject of history being rewritten until no one knows what is true anymore. The Blitzhangar 5.5 update couldn't be found anywhere on the webpage. I found it by editing the URL to find the page since they never closed it. Even the update information from the past can be hard to come by now.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant 


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


acrisis #7 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21357 battles
  • 13,402
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
History, politics, religion ... = solid meh.
You are sinking your own argument by taking things out of context and pushing way too hard.  

 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

 [ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

 


YouHave4BeeOnYourHatch #8 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

    I have two guns, one for each of you

  • Players
  • 16508 battles
  • 1,161
  • Member since:
    08-07-2016

I might be mistaken but wasn't 5.5 about low tier TTT's being nerfed and turned into collectors? But I do remember the Type 59 getting a nerf, and/or indirect nerf when +/- 2 was removed, but honestly this: 

 

View Postacrisis, on 23 February 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

I don't think there's a need for those quotes ... 

 

View Postacrisis, on 23 February 2021 - 08:18 AM, said:

History, politics, religion ... = solid meh.
You are sinking your own argument by taking things out of context and pushing way too hard.  

 



YouHave4BeeOnYourHatch #9 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

    I have two guns, one for each of you

  • Players
  • 16508 battles
  • 1,161
  • Member since:
    08-07-2016

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 23 February 2021 - 08:00 AM, said:

And smasher isn't a premium either, it's a collector, and collectors can be nerfed, that's why there's no premiums in tier X, only collectors and enriched tanks

 

Also, the Chieftain mk.6 and 121b are both premiums. With great CCs to boot.



BrassGun #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6818 battles
  • 862
  • [NT123]
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 23 February 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

 

I think there is. WG is the power and they are "rewriting" their history. Telling a lie about their past premiums have been nerfed. They are saying they have never nerfed them. The quote from Napoleon fits because they are having you agree with them that premiums have never been nerfed. The quote from George Orwell fits because it is purposefully duping the player base on the history of the game. I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 1984 thrown around. 1984 is written by George Orwell and speaks on the subject of history being rewritten until no one knows what is true anymore. The Blitzhangar 5.5 update couldn't be found anywhere on the webpage. I found it by editing the URL to find the page since they never closed it. Even the update information from the past can be hard to come by now.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant 

 

"Orwellianism is when no old game update info"

 

Dude... Are you serious? Orwell's writings focused on the oppression of humanity via totalitarianism and authoritarianism, as well as the complete control of life and information. Oppressive governments, corrupted revolutions, never being able to even think for yourself without being found out, having to dig deep to find any truth, etc., etc. That literary perspective was moulded by a cynicism brought on by war and the corruption of the ideology he held becoming the primary view of it across the world. You're comparing that to a video game's previous update news being hard to find. This comparison is so dumb it makes informercial humanity look like a gaggle of Einsteins.

 

Also I found the 5.5 Blitzhangar preview by googling it. It took me less than 5 seconds and all I had to do was type "blitzhangar 5.5" into Google. Heck, I even found the original 5.5 news update by googling "wg update 5.5 wot blitz" and it took me pretty much the same amount of time. Holy crap, WG is sure looking like INGSOC with how good they erased that history! This is just like 1984 and Animal Farm! The Party would be proud, and scold the Ministry of Truth for failing so badly!

 

I agree with the premise of how WG is lying and that the Anni absolutely needs a nerf, but... Wow, dude. Just wow.

 

 


Edited by BrassGun, 23 February 2021 - 04:59 PM.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower


cheasesteak #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:42 PM

    Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

  • Players
  • 23574 battles
  • 4,606
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 23 February 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

I might be mistaken but wasn't 5.5 about low tier TTT's being nerfed and turned into collectors? But I do remember the Type 59 getting a nerf, and/or indirect nerf when +/- 2 was removed, but honestly this: 

 

 

 


a bunch of low tier premiums got nerfed at the same time.  



_Crusader6_ #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:43 PM

    Horn broken, watch for finger.

  • Players
  • 76245 battles
  • 17,754
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 23 February 2021 - 11:13 AM, said:

 

I think there is. WG is the power and they are "rewriting" their history. Telling a lie about their past premiums have been nerfed. They are saying they have never nerfed them. The quote from Napoleon fits because they are having you agree with them that premiums have never been nerfed. The quote from George Orwell fits because it is purposefully duping the player base on the history of the game. I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 1984 thrown around. 1984 is written by George Orwell and speaks on the subject of history being rewritten until no one knows what is true anymore. The Blitzhangar 5.5 update couldn't be found anywhere on the webpage. I found it by editing the URL to find the page since they never closed it. Even the update information from the past can be hard to come by now.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant 

Every update is logged on this forum - and TeT was gracious enough to sift through it all to make his spreadsheet.

 

Everyone know the Annihilator is broken - it's not like you are letting a secret out.

   


I hate Annihilator spammers...  

 
Tank Hoarder: 456 tanks in Garage:  468/471 Played Tanks Aced
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


BrassGun #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:50 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6818 battles
  • 862
  • [NT123]
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 23 February 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

Every update is logged on this forum - and TeT was gracious enough to sift through it all to make his spreadsheet.

 

Everyone know the Annihilator is broken - it's not like you are letting a secret out.

   

 

This, too. Like, my God, he's treating himself like some kind of Messiah or heroic bringer of truth when he's saying stuff that some know and is also very easy to find.


"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower


EL_Din_46 #14 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:08 PM

    Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

  • Players
  • 15869 battles
  • 1,770
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    05-13-2019

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 23 February 2021 - 08:13 AM, said:

 

I think there is. WG is the power and they are "rewriting" their history. Telling a lie about their past premiums have been nerfed. They are saying they have never nerfed them. The quote from Napoleon fits because they are having you agree with them that premiums have never been nerfed. The quote from George Orwell fits because it is purposefully duping the player base on the history of the game. I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 1984 thrown around. 1984 is written by George Orwell and speaks on the subject of history being rewritten until no one knows what is true anymore. The Blitzhangar 5.5 update couldn't be found anywhere on the webpage. I found it by editing the URL to find the page since they never closed it. Even the update information from the past can be hard to come by now.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant 


RibbleStripe is actually correct, but it doesn’t make much difference either way.

 

Twenty four Premium and fourty three Tech Tree tanks were given a new classification as Collector vehicles in update 5.5. The newly reclassified tanks could be and were nerfed or buffed. When the characteristics of tanks such as the B2 were changed they were no longer Premium vehicles and players who owned them could either keep them or sell them if they didn’t like the changes. Coming up with an entirely new classification of vehicles was only one part of a major change to the game and is still controversial. 

https://na.wotblitz.com/en/news/updates/low-level-vehicles-changes/

 

That being said, having changed the classification of tanks once, Wargaming could always change the classification of other tanks again. Like the first time it would be a truly big deal and I don’t expect that it would be done lightly or quickly.

 


Edited by EL_Din_46, 23 February 2021 - 08:52 PM.

 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire


YouHave4BeeOnYourHatch #15 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:14 PM

    I have two guns, one for each of you

  • Players
  • 16508 battles
  • 1,161
  • Member since:
    08-07-2016

View Postcheasesteak, on 23 February 2021 - 08:42 AM, said:


a bunch of low tier premiums got nerfed at the same time.  

 

Yeah, the Keni comes to mind now that you bring it up. At least it was an across the board nerf, although low tier premiums are of little importance unless one is a seal-clubber IMHO.



Texas_Tyrant #16 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:38 PM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 13271 battles
  • 1,492
  • [_SP_]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

View PostBrassGun, on 23 February 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

 

"Orwellianism is when no old game update info"

 

Dude... Are you serious? Orwell's writings focused on the oppression of humanity via totalitarianism and authoritarianism, as well as the complete control of life and information. Oppressive governments, corrupted revolutions, never being able to even think for yourself without being found out, having to dig deep to find any truth, etc., etc. That literary perspective was moulded by a cynicism brought on by war and the corruption of the ideology he held becoming the primary view of it across the world. You're comparing that to a video game's previous update news being hard to find. This comparison is so dumb it makes informercial humanity look like a gaggle of Einsteins.

 

Also I found the 5.5 Blitzhangar preview by googling it. It took me less than 5 seconds and all I had to do was type "blitzhangar 5.5" into Google. Heck, I even found the original 5.5 news update by googling "wg update 5.5 wot blitz" and it took me pretty much the same amount of time. Holy crap, WG is sure looking like INGSOC with how good they erased that history! This is just like 1984 and Animal Farm! The Party would be proud, and scold the Ministry of Truth for failing so badly!

 

I agree with the premise of how WG is lying and that the Anni absolutely needs a nerf, but... Wow, dude. Just wow.

 

 

 

I know exactly what the book is about. No where did I say data was getting scrubbed. I was using Blitzhangar and they were not showing the updates for easy access from what I saw. I was comparing how a lie was told when the past directly contradicts. I used the quote as it matches the player base who don't know the truth and buy the lie as truth.

View Post_Crusader6_, on 23 February 2021 - 11:43 AM, said:

Every update is logged on this forum - and TeT was gracious enough to sift through it all to make his spreadsheet.

 

Everyone know the Annihilator is broken - it's not like you are letting a secret out.

   

 Aware. Good work.

 

View PostBrassGun, on 23 February 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

 

This, too. Like, my God, he's treating himself like some kind of Messiah or heroic bringer of truth when he's saying stuff that some know and is also very easy to find.

 

Uh no. I have no idea where that came from. I go for a bike ride and come back to hell on the forums. If the data is on discord it will be lost/buried fast. I just brought the links together that showed the contradictory. I'm not competing against you.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


9_V0LT #17 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10822 battles
  • 3,475
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 23 February 2021 - 05:14 PM, said:

 

Yeah, the Keni comes to mind now that you bring it up. At least it was an across the board nerf, although low tier premiums are of little importance unless one is a seal-clubber IMHO.


The Kenny wasn’t “nerfed” in the classical sense. 
WG just let it be power crept by buffing all the tanks around it. 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


BlitzAssassin #18 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

    Kool Aid Drinker

  • Players
  • 29004 battles
  • 732
  • [-INQ-]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

:facepalm:

 

Making WG out to be some kind of devil. Really they’re just a business that’s trying to gain maximum profits. Yes, they obviously made a mistake with the annihilator, on top of many other things. Should they fix it, yes probably. But that’s old news. Everything you wrote about is old news. 

 

I think you need to find a way to be less passionate about this game considering how exasperated you seem. At the end of the day, it’s a mobile game, and there are plenty others you can find that’ll suit your interests if you really dislike this one so much.



_Baroness #19 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:24 PM

    Left the forums

  • Players
  • 15080 battles
  • 422
  • [NHP]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2018

While I agree with you, at the end of the day it's a video game they are trying to maximize profits off of.  We don't have to play.

 

They could completely contradict things they plan to do or even claim they didn't do things they did.  It wouldn't change anything.  They could also flip a switch tomorrow and shut the game off.

 

It's their product and I choose to subscribe to it.  I take the good with the bad.


http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Baroness

Well, I supposed that's it for me.  It's been a fun ride and I truly appreciate all the tanking advice I've been given.  I'll be taking my Dr. Seuss books and Mr. Potato head and moving on to other pastures.  I have not tried the discord, but I think I'll give that a go next.  I wish everyone here the best and perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield.  o7


BrassGun #20 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:16 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6818 battles
  • 862
  • [NT123]
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

I know exactly what the book is about. No where did I say data was getting scrubbed. I was using Blitzhangar and they were not showing the updates for easy access from what I saw. I was comparing how a lie was told when the past directly contradicts. I used the quote as it matches the player base who don't know the truth and buy the lie as truth.

 Aware. Good work.

 

 

Uh no. I have no idea where that came from. I go for a bike ride and come back to hell on the forums. If the data is on discord it will be lost/buried fast. I just brought the links together that showed the contradictory. I'm not competing against you.

 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

 

You're wrong- I proved it was easy as hell to find the info. You literally just have to Google it and it shows up instantly. Besides, changing the URL is one of the simplest and oldest tricks in the book. If somebody buys the "we haven't nerfed premiums" stuff, you can just link them the changes. Even then, as El_Din_46 pointed out, the vehicles technically weren't premiums anymore, but collectors, which can be nerfed.

 

Orwell's quotes are in reference to oppressive government powers making it nigh-impossible to find the information via suppression of free and contradictory thought, control of media, killing of political rivals/disruptive intellectuals and outright destruction of sources. To compare an old update's info being a mite tricky to find for and not known to new players, which is more easily pinned to it being old, with the information still being easy to obtain in the grand scheme of things when one knows how, to such things is absurdist folly if not outright ludicrous hyperbole.

 

You're making it out like WG pulled some insane trick when time has gone by, the update has been left behind, and they technically didn't nerf premium vehicles. Was it a big deal? Yes. Is it literally 1984? No. Absolutely not. Not even close.


Edited by BrassGun, 23 February 2021 - 11:15 PM.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users