Praises Complaints Rating

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Airborne_Jawbreaker #1 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76862 battles
  • [____]
Unlimited praises and a pitiful number of complaints is getting old. I have had a morning filled with AFKs and campers. Can I voice my disgust... nope. But hey if you want a participation award I have those to shower you with. Either limit the positive and negative feedback equally or drop it all together. The only reason I can see to limit negative feedback is to... how can I put this so as not to be blocked... is to avoid players of a certain limited skill level from being handed penalties and maybe quitting.

j_rod #2 Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:33 PM

TWSS, and still Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 30296 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 24 February 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

Unlimited praises and a pitiful number of complaints is getting old. I have had a morning filled with AFKs and campers. Can I voice my disgust... nope. But hey if you want a participation award I have those to shower you with. Either limit the positive and negative feedback equally or drop it all together. The only reason I can see to limit negative feedback is to... how can I put this so as not to be blocked... is to avoid players of a certain limited skill level from being handed penalties and maybe quitting.

You won’t get much argument from the folks here. MH is pointless in its current form

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Vantablack12 #3 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Milk Chugger

• Players
  • 17361 battles
  • [K9]

View Postj_rod, on 24 February 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

You won’t get much argument from the folks here. MH is pointless in its current form

Didn't WG say they were going to rework or completely replace the MH system on Discord?

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Kiwi_Kebab #4 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 10108 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Military Honor is useless. It also wasn't designed to be used against players who are bad at the game, it was designed to deter rule breakers. It has failed this task miserably. 

If someone is violating the game rules, send in a support ticket with a replay, and maybe screenshots depending on the circumstance. Support responds within 48 hours in my experience. 

Also realize that "camping" is not inherently against the rules and is not something that WG will ban players over independently.

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

acrisis #5 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles
  • [III-S]

A game update is the call to arms to all players from 33% to 83% to pick the game back up. 

First days post update and first weekend post update always seem worse, player base wise. YMMV. 

MH is up for revision. WG knows it needs tweaking.

Ditto regarding language, unfair play, serial AFK, botting, ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Airborne_Jawbreaker #6 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76862 battles
  • [____]

Camping isn't a vagrant violation, however it's unsporting in my opinion. If I can thumb someone up for helping win the match, I should be able to thumb someone down for letting the team lose.  They can remove the automatic penalties and just let the star system make it clear what the true Military Honor status is for each player. If the system in any way reflected the player's ability most would be a 3 or 4 star and the truly deserving would be 1-2 and 5 star.

My definitions:

Snipping - Holding a position of cover and or concealment where you provide covering fire for your team. When your position becomes known to the enemy or it no longer provides an ability to provide fire for your teammates you scoot on to a new position and repeat.

Camping - You find a position of cover and or concealment and wait. You do not provide support for your team or move when you position is compromised. You just camp out in the obvious spots the entire match until you are over run early in the match or your entire team is killed off and you end up facing enemies alone.

Edited by Airborne_Jawbreaker, 24 February 2021 - 06:40 PM.

Kiwi_Kebab #7 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:37 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 10108 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 24 February 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

Camping isn't a vagrant violation, however it's unsporting in my opinion. If I can thumb someone up for helping win the match, I should be able to thumb someone down for letting the team lose.  They can remove the automatic penalties and just let the star system make it clear what the true Military Honor status is for each player. If the system in any way reflected the player's ability most would be a 3 or 4 star and the truly deserving would be 1-2 and 5 star.

This highlights one of the issues with pressing the responsibility of policing on a general population: people interpret actions differently.

WG does not consider camping Unsporting. It relegates this term to rule breaking behavior, such as teammate blocking and botting. 

But of course, there's no course on what Military Honor is or how it's terms are defined. So the playerbase just clicks buttons based on how they "feel" about someone's performance.

When you downvote someone, you're saying that the player deserves to be muted/banned for their behavior. I don't want to play a game where players can be banned just for being bad. Everyone in the game would be banned, because everyone is a nub sometimes. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

Airborne_Jawbreaker #8 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76862 battles
  • [____]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 24 February 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

When you downvote someone, you're saying that the player deserves to be muted/banned for their behavior. I don't want to play a game where players can be banned just for being bad. Everyone in the game would be banned, because everyone is a nub sometimes. 

I absolutely agree, the system should not penalize players with bans. However if we are going to have a system by which we assess our fellow players than it should provide us the ability to acknowledge players who are continually poor performers. You can argue their stats fill that function, but if that's true they should just kill the MH system. As things stand the MH system is only good for showering your clan/platoon mate with praise.

LtRaseiniai #9 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 78124 battles
  • [EWENS]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 24 February 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

You're that guy that dies in the first minute, and then spends the rest of the game saying "report" anybody who has the nerve to still be alive.

You make the game so much more fun.

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74967 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostLtRaseiniai, on 24 February 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

You're that guy that dies in the first minute, and then spends the rest of the game saying "report" anybody who has the nerve to still be alive.

You beat me to it.  I saw him twice today - fortunately red both times, and he did exactly what you said.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 437 tanks in Garage:  453/456 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tedg5 #11 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:04 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 60404 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I find if your balancing your ups and downs you don’t run out of downs (at least not as quickly). So, only one or two of the zeros gets a down vote, then I give someone at least trying a little, an up. Especially if they were near me and active at all. :great:

CommanderSean_2014 #12 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:44 AM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 19304 battles
  • [-PYX-]
Military Honour as a system is kompletly useless

A   Proud        

Taiwanese     

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

alphablob #13 Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43279 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 24 February 2021 - 02:52 PM, said:

Upvoted!

In a toxic community it is not enough to not be toxic; you must be anti-toxic.

Airborne_Jawbreaker #14 Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76862 battles
  • [____]

View PostLtRaseiniai, on 24 February 2021 - 10:23 PM, said:

View Post_Crusader6_, on 24 February 2021 - 10:28 PM, said:

You beat me to it.  I saw him twice today - fortunately red both times, and he did exactly what you said.

I can tell in the first 30 seconds if the team is worth sticking around and fighting for. If I died quick in your game, you likely spend the first 20 seconds sitting at the spawn spinning your turret deciding if you want to go right... wait maybe left. No the heavies are going right I'd better go hide behind them... no thank you I can find a better team real quick!

And I never use chat, turned that off ages ago. Too much crying. I leave battles promptly.

Edited by Airborne_Jawbreaker, 25 February 2021 - 04:39 PM.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #15 Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36428 battles

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 25 February 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

I can tell in the first 30 seconds if the team is worth sticking around and fighting for. If I died quick in your game, you likely spend the first 20 seconds sitting at the spawn spinning your turret deciding if you want to go right... wait maybe left. No the heavies are going right I'd better go hide behind them... no thank you I can find a better team real quick!

And I never use chat, turned that off ages ago. Too much crying. I leave battles promptly.

Yeah I don't get this attitude at all. You've got more than enough battles to recognize that even getting just one player on green like LtR or Cru can swing a surefire expected loss into a win. So play out the string and give your teammates time to show their stuff. 

And also, if you're yoloing in anger, a more impactful downvote system is going to hurt you, not help. lol.

_Baroness #16 Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:26 PM

Left the forums

• Players
  • 14363 battles
  • [NHP]

If they do more damage than me, that's an upvote regardless of win or lose.

I don't usually downvote unless someone is purposely trolling, blocking, or otherwise obviously not there to win a battle.

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Baroness

Well, I supposed that's it for me.  It's been a fun ride and I truly appreciate all the tanking advice I've been given.  I'll be taking my Dr. Seuss books and Mr. Potato head and moving on to other pastures.  I have not tried the discord, but I think I'll give that a go next.  I wish everyone here the best and perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield.  o7

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

• Players
  • 74967 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 25 February 2021 - 11:23 AM, said:

All you can tell in 30 seconds is how your team is.  
  You don’t yet know how red is at that point.  

The attitude players need to have is simply I’m going to play my best regardless of my team, while they might not be much, odds are red is just as bad or worse and if a green yolo’s that yolo is more likely to be the cause of a loss of a winnable game if they where even partially mediocre. 

I need more tanks...

Airborne_Jawbreaker #18 Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76862 battles
  • [____]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 25 February 2021 - 06:33 PM, said:

You don’t yet know how red is at that point.       

au contraire mon frère, I know the other team is better. They got off their hind ends and killed me while you were still polishing your barrels at spawn.

Vantablack12 #19 Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:43 PM

Milk Chugger

• Players
  • 17361 battles
  • [K9]
Where is Morph? I'm sure he's got something to say about this.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:10 AM

• Players
  • 74967 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostAirborne_Jawbreaker, on 25 February 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

au contraire mon frère, I know the other team is better. They got off their hind ends and killed me while you were still polishing your barrels at spawn.

Yes clearly that’s why you have stats like a bot? 
    The last thing I need is to here about the game from a sub 1 damage ratio player. 

I need more tanks...

Also tagged with Praises, Complaints, Rating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users