• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Mako__Reizei___ #21 Posted 06 March 2021 - 08:29 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Don't fret, SU-152 comes to the rescue.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

winwinwinwin #22 Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24407 battles
  • [XENON]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 06 March 2021 - 12:29 PM, said:

Don't fret, SU-152 comes to the rescue.

Haha yup!

Boomer625 #23 Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15726 battles
  • [MARDR]

View Postwinwinwinwin, on 05 March 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hey,

so bit of a sob story...

I have had World of Tanks Blitz on my main account (winwinwinwin) since 2014. I stopped playing for a while a couple years ago cause college, life etc. 

But recently my younger brother (11) has taken a liking to the game, so I gave him my main account to learn on. He wants to start making videos for the community like I did a while back!
With Covid and everything going on, I have had a bit more time to spare, so I was happy that we could bond over his new interest and wanted to spend some time making his first videos together.

So, I made an alt account and got a couple tanks, but he really really wanted to play the Smasher together. So I bought him the 15 Crate bundle and he got it in the last three crates. I then went to try to get it on my alt (new) account, and I have now opened around 60 crates or more. I did not get it. Hundreds of $$$... He is super bummed that we can't enjoy it together. A lot of money down the drain and some bad feelings, after the years of being in the community guess I expected a little luck haha... -and yeah, I'm sure some people have spent even more to get it, though... Just bummed about this sucky situation. No keys, charms or anything redeeming. Quite the mood killer.

-So I guess take this for what you will, maybe a warning. 

crates is like poking around the corner in a light tank and standing frontally in front of a KV2 at 10 m with HE loaded. Yes the Kv2 may miss, get a ghost shell, shoot the track or splash on the mantlet, but 97% of the time you are going to get slapped hard.

winwinwinwin #24 Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24407 battles
  • [XENON]

View PostDolly_Sod, on 06 March 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

Yeah, so the lesson is don't waste money on crates.  The drop chances and contents of the crates were spelled our very clearly so you knew exactly what you were getting in to.  I have no idea why you would have bad feelings, or any ill will toward WG.  You chose to spend that money and knew the odds. 

I can't conceive of spending hundreds of dollars for the chance to possibly get 1 tank. 

Yeah that lesson was spelled out loud and clear for me! But yeah like I said, I was in too deep when I realized they had removed the key/charm feature.

Guess my mistake was letting my little bro "control" it. He likes opening the crates and knows a lot about the game, though I don't think he understood they removed the "safety" system.

I found that out when I realized we still didn't have the tank after whatever large amount of money I spent. But yeah, I should have read about them more. 

The reason I am disappointed, is that they have a system like this in a "kids game". 

-And yeah, I wouldn't ever spend that money either, but I wanted to have some needed bonding time with my younger brother. 

winwinwinwin #25 Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24407 battles
  • [XENON]

View PostBoomer625, on 06 March 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

crates is like poking around the corner in a light tank and standing frontally in front of a KV2 at 10 m with HE loaded. Yes the Kv2 may miss, get a ghost shell, shoot the track or splash on the mantlet, but 97% of the time you are going to get slapped hard.

well said

_Zakalwe_ #26 Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30020 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 06 March 2021 - 10:18 AM, said:

This really needs to be banned as gambling especially with kids playing this game. 

View Post_Crusader6_, on 06 March 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

Write your Senators and Congressional Rep. 

This. Loot boxes are just outrageously profitable for games companies. It will continue for as long as it’s legal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users