T26E4 Predator dpm good or bad?

rank premium american tank damage question answer

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: T26E4 Predator dpm good or bad? (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

good or bad?

1. good (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. bad (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Hide poll

Kuro_Uchiha #1 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 733 battles
what do you guys think on the t26e4 predator? i just picked it up and im only a month into the game and i think the dpm is pretty cheap for a tier 8? could u guys spread a little insight?

Never back down.

Mika_The_Vampire #2 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3752 battles
  • [VMPIR]
armor is awful, gun is good, but not good enough to make up for the fact that people can autoaim your tank to death. even if you only show your turret face, that is extremely easy to pen aswell.

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 07 April 2021 - 01:39 AM.

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:39 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 13454 battles
  • [UWU_]

DPM is pretty cheap?

Dude...

BTW, buying a Tier 8 premium with only 500 battles is a recipe for disaster.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

Player_0000000007 #4 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:55 AM

Theorist of Dubiously Coincidental Events

• Players
  • 33769 battles
  • [D_ARK]

There are American tier 8s with better dpm

Anni is more overpowered than missiles were...will it get removed, too?

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

7ero #5 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:57 AM

That fine line between constructive criticism and a forum strike

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 06 April 2021 - 07:39 PM, said:

armor is awful, gun is good, but not good enough to make up for the fact that people can autoaim your tank to death. even if you only show your turret face, that is extremely easy to pen aswell.

What?   It has some of the best armor out of all the mediums.  Most consider it a heavium. People with a clue know where to pen it but most players in this game don’t have a clue. 

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

tankeatingtiger #6 Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:02 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 36331 battles
  • [KULU]

View Post7ero, on 06 April 2021 - 09:57 PM, said:

What?   It has some of the best armor out of all the mediums.  Most consider it a heavium. People with a clue know where to pen it but most players in this game don’t have a clue

Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

7ero #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:03 AM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostKuro_Uchiha, on 06 April 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

what do you guys think on the t26e4 predator? i just picked it up and im only a month into the game and i think the dpm is pretty cheap for a tier 8? could u guys spread a little insight?

A little advice.   You’re playing way over your skill level.  Go to Blitzstars.com.  Check out how you’re doing there.  You will see that you’ve rushed up the tiers and you’re only going to struggle more the higher you go right now.  Buying premium tanks will not help you win more. 

__Frostbite #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:07 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 36136 battles
  • [_V_]
the DPM isn't good enough to justify everything else that's wrong about the tank

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika_The_Vampire #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3752 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 02:57 AM, said:

What?   It has some of the best armor out of all the mediums.  Most consider it a heavium. People with a clue know where to pen it but most players in this game don’t have a clue. 

its armor is soo good that its damage ratio is only 1.06 on blitzstars, so on average it trades with tanks.

tanks like the MK 1,  T-34-3, Type 59, type 59 patton and many others have waaaay better damage ratios than this tank.

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 07 April 2021 - 04:21 AM.

Player_0000000007 #10 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:26 AM

Theorist of Dubiously Coincidental Events

• Players
  • 33769 battles
  • [D_ARK]

View Post7ero, on 06 April 2021 - 09:03 PM, said:

A little advice.   You’re playing way over your skill level.  Go to Blitzstars.com.  Check out how you’re doing there.  You will see that you’ve rushed up the tiers and you’re only going to struggle more the higher you go right now.  Buying premium tanks will not help you win more. 

This is often met with the "I'm better than my stats" response

Anni is more overpowered than missiles were...will it get removed, too?

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Ddbro_gaming #11 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9571 battles
  • [UN10N]
I feel like you may have wanted to wait and gotten the t26e5 or action X instead, they have comparable mobility with better armament and armor

Ahuman_username #12 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 07 April 2021 - 01:39 AM, said:

DPM is pretty cheap?

Dude...

BTW, buying a Tier 8 premium with only 500 battles is a recipe for disaster.

I did pretty much the same, my type 59 is crying about its winrate and how bad an owner I am

One day I will reach 9 battles, who knows?

7ero #13 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:35 PM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 06 April 2021 - 10:20 PM, said:

its armor is soo good that its damage ratio is only 1.06 on blitzstars, so on average it trades with tanks.

tanks like the MK 1,  T-34-3, Type 59, type 59 patton and many others have waaaay better damage ratios than this tank.

Damage ratio?   SMH.  So by your logic the T49 has better armor also since it has a better damage ratio.     DR has nothing to do with just the armor of a tank.  

Edited by 7ero, 07 April 2021 - 12:36 PM.

Mika_The_Vampire #14 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3752 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

Damage ratio?   SMH.  So by your logic the T49 has better armor also since it has a better damage ratio.     DR has nothing to do with just the armor of a tank.  

damage ratio is a pretty good indicator on how good a tank is at trading. also, its one of the easiest tanks to kill at tier 8. the turret armor is paper, the upper hull is very weak vs some tier 7s and most tier 8+ tanks and the lower plate armor is insanely awful.

the armor on this tank is bad. even the stats (Damage ratio) shows this.

also, i would say the T49's best "Armor" is it's mobility, size and gun depression. so yes, i would say overall the T49 has better "Armor" than the T26E4.

also, i do own the tank and i have fought them in battle. they are very very easy to kill. maybe if it had a Pershing turret and not a "Pen me HERE" turret, it could actually be useful on ridgelines

Here is proof:

8FyyRJq.png

7ero #15 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:27 PM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 07 April 2021 - 07:11 AM, said:

Ii would say the T49's best "Armor" is it's mobility, size and gun depression. so yes, i would say overall the T49 has better "Armor" than the T26E4

If you’re talking stats you can’t use a totally different stat to artificially boost other stats.  As before, by your logic, if we give the SP a mobility buff it will magically have more armor.  You show pics of the SP armor profile then undermine this by saying the T49 has better armor when it does not.  It has better mobility.  Which is what’s the major gripe with most and it’s what I’ve said before in previous posts.  The armor is the least of the SP’s problems.   All it needs is a mobility buff.   Armor keeps you from getting penned.  Mobility keeps you from getting hit in the first place.  

Edited by 7ero, 07 April 2021 - 01:34 PM.

Mika_The_Vampire #16 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3752 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 01:27 PM, said:

If you’re talking stats you can’t use a totally different stat to artificially boost other stats.  As before, by your logic, if we give the SP a mobility buff it will magically have more armor.  You show pics of the SP armor profile then undermine this by saying the T49 has better armor when it does not.  It has better mobility.  Which is what’s the major gripe with most and it’s what I’ve said before in previous posts.  The armor is the least of the SP’s problems.   All it needs is a mobility buff.   Armor keeps you from getting penned.  Mobility keeps you from getting hit in the first place.  

tell me how a mobility buff will help a tank that is easily penned everywhere?

also, you kind of just proved my point, armor that can bounce rounds and mobility which keeps you from getting hit, does the same exact thing. it makes you take 0 damage from a hit, imagine that. i said that also due to your comparison.

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

DR= Damage Ratio = damage taken VS damage dealt

my damage ratio is 1.6, so for every hit of damage i take, i deal 1.6 hits of damage in return.

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 07 April 2021 - 01:39 PM.

7ero #17 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 07 April 2021 - 07:37 AM, said:

tell me how a mobility buff will help a tank that is easily penned everywhere?

Do you even read your own posts? You just said the T49 has better armor because of its mobility.   In your first post you said the SP’s armor is awful.  If you want to post pics of the SP’s armor profile then post the T49’s right next to it.   Who has the better armor?   You’re just contradicting yourself at this point.  Like I said before.   DR had nothing to do with “only the armor” of a tank.  You talk about “on paper” stats then switch to how a tank performs overall.  Pick one or the other but on paper the SP has better armor.  

7ero #18 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:58 PM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 07 April 2021 - 07:37 AM, said:

DR= Damage Ratio = damage taken VS damage dealt

my damage ratio is 1.6, so for every hit of damage i take, i deal 1.6 hits of damage in return.

What is this even a reply to?   My DR is 2.34 so for every bit of damage I take I deal 2.34 in return.  what does that have to do with anything?

Mika_The_Vampire #19 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3752 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Do you even read your own posts? You just said the T49 has better armor because of its mobility.   In your first post you said the SP’s armor is awful.  If you want to post pics of the SP’s armor profile then post the T49’s right next to it.   Who has the better armor?   You’re just contradicting yourself at this point.  Like I said before.   DR had nothing to do with “only the armor” of a tank.  You talk about “on paper” stats then switch to how a tank performs overall.  Pick one or the other but on paper the SP has better armor.  

View Post7ero, on 07 April 2021 - 01:58 PM, said:

What is this even a reply to?   My DR is 2.34 so for every bit of damage I take I deal 2.34 in return.  what does that have to do with anything?

first off, your the one trying to compare a light tank to a medium in the first place, would of been smarter comparing it to a tank like the Dracula.

second, how hard is it to understand this:

a shell bounces off a tank's armor = 0 damage

a shell misses a tank = 0 damage

thats why i was saying mobility was it's armor. there is no point in having armor when you dont get hit in the first place.

and if you say that armor is still important, then you will end up with tanks like "The Machine" on console that goes like 65km and has great frontal armor.

https://console.worl...48_The_Machine/

what are you going to start taking "the best defense is a good offense" or "the best offense is a good defense" literally?

should we give the Dracula better armor since it doesnt have as good armor as other mediums?

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 07 April 2021 - 02:13 PM.

7ero #20 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 07 April 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

first off, your the one trying to compare a light tank to a medium in the first place, would of been smarter comparing it to a tank like the Dracula.

second, how hard is it to understand this:

a shell bounces off a tank's armor = 0 damage

a shell misses a tank = 0 damage

thats why i was saying mobility was it's armor. there is no point in having armor when you dont get hit in the first place.

and if you say that armor is still important, then you will end up with tanks like "The Machine" on console that goes like 65km and has great frontal armor.

https://console.worl...48_The_Machine/

what are you going to start taking "the best defense is a good offense" or "the best offense is a good defense" literally?

should we give the Dracula better armor since it doesnt have as good armor as other mediums?

At this point you’re just spouting random nonsense.  What difference does it make what tank I’m comparing it to.  Apply it to the Dracula if it helps make it simple enough for you to understand.  Let me brake it down once again in hopes that you can finally figure it out.  You post “on paper” stats of a tank.  then you say on paper stats of tanks don not matter because of how a tank performs overall. = contradiction.  In your above post you argue that armor isn’t crucial while in your first few posts you talk about how the tank needs more armor. = contradiction   How hard is it to understand this.  If you’re going to talk about stats on paper don’t contradict yourself by saying that stats on paper don’t matter because of how a tank performs overall in battle.  I have no clue where you think that I’ve said any tank here needs more armor.   Sorry this is too hard for you to understand 

Edited by 7ero, 07 April 2021 - 02:34 PM.

Also tagged with rank, premium, american, tank, damage, question, answer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users