Jump to content


Steam blitz version constantly crashing sometimes?

help crash bug?

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tackywheat1 #1 Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:20 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 16753 battles
  • 2,426
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013
Sometimes when I go on the steam version of blitz, the game constantly crashes on either the loading screen or while in queue. Other times, game runs perfectly fine and I have no issues at all. What is causing the random constant crashing sometimes but not during other times?

 GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit


Handsome_Squidward_ #2 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 938 battles
  • 578
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012
I’ve yet to encounter any crashes on my Steam version. Is Blitz the only game rando crashing?

—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

    WoT PC Defector


Tackywheat1 #3 Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:31 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 16753 battles
  • 2,426
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View Postvirus_SHAME, on 09 April 2021 - 01:27 AM, said:

I’ve yet to encounter any crashes on my Steam version. Is Blitz the only game rando crashing?

Yes blitz is the only game randomly crashing. It either works perfectly fine or crashes like 10 times in a row


 GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit


mypli #4 Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2594 battles
  • 43
  • [8PZ_D]
  • Member since:
    01-22-2021
Well maybe its your device because steam has a no lag streak for almost all of my games.

 

 


RonaldusMaximus_ #5 Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:20 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 5,976
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

Here's what I do when Steam misbehaves.

Install the Windows version of Blitz. They use the same resource files, but the Windows version seems more stable.

 

Sometimes I experience problems with weird crashes on Steam but they usually fix the problem in a few days, mine has been very stable the last few months.

You will also discover having both gives you access to exclusive deals that you miss having just one. 


 


DonStrigger__Chatbanned #6 Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:03 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4985 battles
  • 877
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
My client is the steam client and it takes an unreasonable amount of time to load for the first handful of games, longer than PC wot in fact, when i buy the SSD that i've been saving up for i'm putting it on the SSD.

 

 

 


Devils_Donut #7 Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:04 PM

    Provocative Communicator

  • Players
  • 62996 battles
  • 870
  • [DEF_V]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016
How can something constantly do something but only sometimes?  It’s like a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.  
Nobody likes antitwinks.  

ChazWillemJenkins #8 Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

    Bot

  • Players
  • 28843 battles
  • 1,578
  • [TENET]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
Steam is malware. Use the Windows version and enjoy your life.

EL_Din_46 #9 Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:00 PM

    Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

  • Players
  • 17252 battles
  • 1,903
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    05-13-2019

Since your game is crashing some but not all of the time during loading, there could be a program running in the background that is causing conflicts or a corrupted file that is not loading properly.

 

Verifying your game files and deleting your DavaProject folder might help. This is discussed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/444200/discussions/5/3109142236153277260/. The DavaProject folder is the framework for Blitz and a corrupted cache or other file there could causes crashes when the file fails to load.

 

To be on the safe side, you could start by turning off the Steam overlay in Steam’s settings.

 

Next, you could test your anti-virus program for conflicts by turning it off and loading, quitting, and loading again. If things go well, change your anti-virus settings so that it doesn’t operate when Blitz or Steam is running. (Be sure to turn you anti-virus program back on after the test). 

 

There’s a variety of other programs that could be running in the background. Steam has an article on this at: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

 

 


Edited by EL_Din_46, 09 April 2021 - 03:02 PM.

 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire


Tackywheat1 #10 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:56 PM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 16753 battles
  • 2,426
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostEL_Din_46, on 09 April 2021 - 09:00 AM, said:

Since your game is crashing some but not all of the time during loading, there could be a program running in the background that is causing conflicts or a corrupted file that is not loading properly.

 

Verifying your game files and deleting your DavaProject folder might help. This is discussed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/444200/discussions/5/3109142236153277260/. The DavaProject folder is the framework for Blitz and a corrupted cache or other file there could causes crashes when the file fails to load.

 

To be on the safe side, you could start by turning off the Steam overlay in Steam’s settings.

 

Next, you could test your anti-virus program for conflicts by turning it off and loading, quitting, and loading again. If things go well, change your anti-virus settings so that it doesn’t operate when Blitz or Steam is running. (Be sure to turn you anti-virus program back on after the test). 

 

There’s a variety of other programs that could be running in the background. Steam has an article on this at: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

 

 

Deleted and reinstalled DAVAproject folder.. didn't work. Going to try windows version next and then look to see if there are programs interrupting blitz.


 GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit


Tackywheat1 #11 Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 16753 battles
  • 2,426
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013
.... no issues with windows store version

 GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit


ChazWillemJenkins #12 Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:40 PM

    Bot

  • Players
  • 28843 battles
  • 1,578
  • [TENET]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostTackywheat1, on 09 April 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

.... no issues with windows store version

 

The only issue with windows store version is that exporting replays is clunkier than it should be.



Droodles_Little_Noodle #13 Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2233 battles
  • 189
  • [EC-]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2021
OMFG! finally i can play blitz on my computer. steam was being a turd and kept crashing the second i opened the game. I tried everything... Thank you guys!

Sometimes I want to hang in Europe without the EU...

 


KommandantSEEN_2014 #14 Posted 08 September 2021 - 01:10 PM

    Yukari Akiyama Fanboi

  • Players
  • 25627 battles
  • 955
  • [-MM]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 09 April 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

Here's what I do when Steam misbehaves.

Install the Windows version of Blitz. They use the same resource files, but the Windows version seems more stable.

 

Sometimes I experience problems with weird crashes on Steam but they usually fix the problem in a few days, mine has been very stable the last few months.

You will also discover having both gives you access to exclusive deals that you miss having just one. 

The windows store is rly bad 

Not only it takes a day to get updates 

Uploading replays are a hassle (tip use clipboard in Microsoft store

 

 

 

 


Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY






Also tagged with help, crash, bug?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users