Is the m48 patton grind worth it?

well tanks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kuro_Uchiha #1 Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 733 battles
i was wondering if the m48 patton grind was worth it because i was doing the hellcat line and figured id stop at the t28 prototype if it was. the reason being is because i just bought a t26e4 predator and like how it plays as a medium. i also like the speed mediums have compared to TDs. so any good insight on the M48 patton would be appreciated.

Never back down.

Ddbro_gaming #2 Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9587 battles
I don't think you should be grinding high tiers, I've said this before, but try and learn how to play better in lower tiers first, obviously its tempting but it'll pay off.

_BobaFett #3 Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 18201 battles
  • [_SOD_]
The M48 is a solid vehicle. It has its flaws but all-around it is a reliable and effective tank.

Just beware the stock gun on the M46 Patton...

Kuro_Uchiha #4 Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 733 battles

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 19 April 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

I don't think you should be grinding high tiers, I've said this before, but try and learn how to play better in lower tiers first, obviously its tempting but it'll pay off.

I really dont like the lower tiers as much as i like the higher tiers. i think i mostly enjoy tiers V and up. But i get what you're saying. I just feel like if i dont face the challenge now I wont be able to when it really counts.

Never back down.

_34 #5 Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:17 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 29757 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostKuro_Uchiha, on 19 April 2021 - 01:57 PM, said:

I really dont like the lower tiers as much as i like the higher tiers. i think i mostly enjoy tiers V and up. But i get what you're saying. I just feel like if i dont face the challenge now I wont be able to when it really counts.

I think that's exactly what Ddbro was saying - if you cannot perform at the lower tiers, you will not stand a chance against the high tier tanks.

Taking time to learn the game at a fundamental level is important to do before reaching high tiers.  The need for game skill compounds on itself the higher up you go, so lower tiers are the perfect place to learn (I suggest V - VI).  It may not be the most fun, but then again neither is being outplayed and destroyed over and over again in high tiers.

Watch me on Twitch! https://twitch.tv/34wotb

-  Mondays        8:00pm EST

-  Thursdays      8:00pm EST

KempBushThe3rd #6 Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:21 PM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 23145 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostKuro_Uchiha, on 19 April 2021 - 05:57 PM, said:

You're not challenging yourself by playing high tiers with a 30% winrate and pathetic WN8. It's like if you challenged Michael Phelps to a race after one week of just learning to float, except that it's a relay race and all your teammates hate you. You're learning absolutely nothing by "challenging" yourself.

shyw #7 Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51632 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostKuro_Uchiha, on 19 April 2021 - 09:57 PM, said:

seriously dude.....you need to stay in the lower tiers until you understand the basics of this game....!!!!

not only were you questioning your own abilities in one of your previous post, but you are NOT CONTRIBUTING for your own TEAM, thusly the reason why so many veterans of this game are complaining about tankers without the basics climbing up the tiers so quickly and probably being the best player for the OTHER TEAM.

sorry for being so harsh to you, but you asked how you can improve in your previous post and it appears that you did not take any heed to the suggestions

WipWapJaws #8 Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:33 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 50730 battles
  • [WKD]

A good rule of thumb to judge if you are ready to move up to the next tier tank.  Is if you can keep the WR of that previous tank above 50% AND average the tanks health points in damage.

And sure you get better by playing against better players, but at the moment those better players are many of the ones you are currently playing against. 

When I first started playing it was a much longer grind to get to tier 10 (I will admit I was slower than most) I was close to 8,000 battles by the time I got my first T10

Edited by WipWapJaws, 20 April 2021 - 02:37 AM.

tedg5 #9 Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 63432 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostKuro_Uchiha, on 19 April 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

One “self regulation” trick I used early in my career was to earn a high tier battle. When I realized how much I struggled there I’d set a goal of: win three at low tier, to earn a battle at high tier. No two straight losses during a run. Once I had a high tier loss, back to low tier to win 3. Ultimately I learned to enjoy the low tiers for what they were, when your winning it’s generally fun. :great:

Also tagged with well, tanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users