Lupus in shop?

Lupus

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ddbro_gaming #1 Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9587 battles

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew when the Lupus was last sold in shop, for how much gold, and whether or not wargaming is still willing to sell it; I really want that tank, as it looks like a fun tank to run in tier 7. Thanks for any information you may have!

math363 #2 Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

According to Stubbo on the EU Forums: http://forum.wotblit...h&fromMainBar=1

The Lupus was sold year at ~15 bucks so my guess is that it's coming soon? I'd expect for 7-8k gold given how rare it is. 

Edited by math363, 22 April 2021 - 06:05 PM.

EU account:

Ddbro_gaming #3 Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9587 battles

Unfortunately I cannot access the EU forms but thanks for the reply!

Bellatormonk #4 Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:40 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38621 battles
  • [MINC]
Why would you want it other than for Fun Modes?  It cannot compete in 90% of the matches anymore?

math363 #5 Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

Why would you want it other than for Fun Modes?  It cannot compete in 90% of the matches anymore?

I wouldn't say so, It's definitely a beast hull down. Combine it with the alpha it has and you've got yourself a killing machine at t7.

I don't have it but I know you can compete with it in most matches.

EU account:

Bellatormonk #6 Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:41 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38621 battles
  • [MINC]

"I don't have it but I know you can compete with it in most matches."

Come back when you have one or have played it.  It gets low tiered 80% of the time and that alpha doesn't count for crap when 2-3 meds roll up on you and hit you 10x for every 1 shot you take.  It used to be a beast before the swarm of OP meds and such have come out and hot with the "low tier bat".

I'm not saying it's impossible to be played..just nowhere near what it used to be in terms of usefulness in regular mode.

math363 #7 Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 08:41 PM, said:

Come back when you have one or have played it.  It gets low tiered 80% of the time and that alpha doesn't count for crap when 2-3 meds roll up on you and hit you 10x for every 1 shot you take.  It used to be a beast before the swarm of OP meds and such have come out and hot with the "low tier bat".

I'm not saying it's impossible to be played..just nowhere near what it used to be in terms of usefulness in regular mode.

Well I have come up against it a fair amount of times, and meds at tier 6-8 are severely underpowered compared to Heavies and TDs so I really don't know what you're talking about. If you're getting flanked and ganked in the Lupus by UP mediums with the armor and angles you can utilize, I don't know what I can do for you.

Not to mention it has very good mobility for a heavy at its tier and has 12 DEGREES of gun depression, that's one less than the Cromwell B.

http://forum.wotblit...166-lupus-rant/

Edited by math363, 22 April 2021 - 08:54 PM.

EU account:

j_rod #8 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:05 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34950 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postmath363, on 22 April 2021 - 02:48 PM, said:

Well I have come up against it a fair amount of times, and meds at tier 6-8 are severely underpowered compared to Heavies and TDs so I really don't know what you're talking about. If you're getting flanked and ganked in the Lupus by UP mediums with the armor and angles you can utilize, I don't know what I can do for you.

Not to mention it has very good mobility for a heavy at its tier and has 12 DEGREES of gun depression, that's one less than the Cromwell B.

http://forum.wotblit...166-lupus-rant/

While I do agree with you, that topic was from 2017 so isn’t what I’d call relevant these days.

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

math363 #9 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

View Postj_rod, on 22 April 2021 - 09:05 PM, said:

While I do agree with you, that topic was from 2017 so isn’t what I’d call relevant these days.

Definitely true, but while tier 7 has changed a lot since, I still think the Lupus can compete with today's premiums (smasher/anni to a lower extent but still imo).

EU account:

Bellatormonk #10 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:16 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38621 battles
  • [MINC]

"meds at tier 6-8 are severely underpowered compared to Heavies and TDs"

You seem to be a pretty good player for making such an odd statement.  Anyways I am not sure why you seem so adamant in making the case for a tank you don't own and have never played with.  If you can't easily kill a Lupus these days with T7/8 current day tanks I don't know what I can do for you.  Show me a 40-50% who can play one well much less any player under 58% who can play it against meds who have "flanked and ganked" one and I can show you 20 battles where it simply cannot survive such.  It is a heavily team dependent tank.

I won't argue it's not a beast mode tank against T6s.  I pointed out it's not really a beast mode tank in T7 or T8 anymore.

j_rod #11 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:28 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34950 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

You seem to be a pretty good player for making such an odd statement.  Anyways I am not sure why you seem so adamant in making the case for a tank you don't own and have never played with.  If you can't easily kill a Lupus these days with T7/8 current day tanks I don't know what I can do for you.  Show me a 40-50% who can play one well much less any player under 58% who can play it against meds who have "flanked and ganked" one and I can show you 20 battles where it simply cannot survive such.  It is a heavily team dependent tank.

I won't argue it's not a beast mode tank against T6s.  I pointed out it's not really a beast mode tank in T7 or T8 anymore.

Don’t know that I agree with you on this one. It’s still a really strong tank IMHO

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem

math363 #12 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

It's common knowledge that mediums at tier 7 and 8 are underperforming, some that come to mind are t20, pershing, indienpz, chi-ri, vk 30.02d, centurion, sta-1. All these are sub-par and there are very few people who can deny that. Most of these tanks have below 50% winrate, that's very telling.

I'm not making a case for it, I'm just saying I think you are severely underrating this tank and what it is capable of. I mean go back a few years and you could compare it to an Annihilator today. (nothing comes close ofc but that's what comes closest to it).

I think there's also a reason it has 56% winrate. Only the Smasher and the Smasher and the annihilator exceed it by 4%. No tier 7 tech tree heavy tank comes close, aside from the t29 at 54%.

Edited by math363, 22 April 2021 - 09:36 PM.

EU account:

Vantablack12 #13 Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:32 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18080 battles
  • [K9]
:popcorn:

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

krietenstein34 #14 Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35791 battles
  • [HAHA]
They used to call it OP.   I don't know how a tank would go from OP to irrelevant.  It never clicked with me consistently
:girl:

j_rod #15 Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:50 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34950 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 22 April 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

They used to call it OP.   I don't know how a tank would go from OP to irrelevant.  It never clicked with me consistently

The only thing I would surmise is that all tier 7 tanks are irrelevant when comparing to a couple broken ones 

Mika_The_Vampire #16 Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4085 battles
  • [VMPIR]

i fought a lupus in the Predator UM, i could not pen it anywhere unless he gave me his hull/turret sides. he was penning the Predator UM easily too.

they should add this version of the Lupus into the game :D :

Lupus Regnum.png

add this in as the first ever crossover tier 10 premium :D

Echidna | Valkyria Wiki | Fandom

https://valkyria.fan...om/wiki/Echidna

or this:

Batomys2.png

https://valkyria.fan...om/wiki/Batomys

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 22 April 2021 - 11:22 PM.

TigerBrewed #17 Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9219 battles
  • [ORCA]
As a proud owner of the Lupus, I can say its a beast upper tier.  It can go head-on against an Anni, them penning the Lupus about one out the three burst they can do.  The turret armor is strong, the gun depression is amazing, the alpha damage is wicked, does well at side-scrpaing and in hulldown positions, god I love this tank.

krietenstein34 #18 Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35791 battles
  • [HAHA]
I think the Lupus/Lycan are good ANALtator defense....   Never was scared of a Smasher.   
:girl:

Ddbro_gaming #19 Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9587 battles

Sure, it might not be the best, but it seems like a unique tank that would be fun to run that's all, and we're not bad players so we will be able to play effectively against mediums and lights lol.

EDIT: Is that flashlight thingy on top of the barrel a weak spot? It shows as primary armor on armor blitz hangar and armor inspector.

Edited by Ddbro_gaming, 23 April 2021 - 02:09 AM.

Roberto577_One #20 Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:22 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 13228 battles

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

I have to disagree. The Lupus is basically a T29 that sacrifices super speed boost and DPM for extra gun depression and alpha. That trade is a decent one, even if the T29 is still a superior tank.

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

People don't need to have played a tank to know how it works or if it's good. Between his EU and NA accounts, math363 has over 16000+ battles. That's enough to know how a tank plays by just looking at the stats.

View PostBellatormonk, on 22 April 2021 - 01:16 PM, said:

That 'odd statement' is unfortunately true thanks to the heavy buffs last year. Admittedly the TD bit is odd, but the heavy bit is very true. You may have different experiences, but heavies are the kings of the mountains now. There's a reason why most tourney comps tend to include 4 heavies, a TD, and 2 lights and mediums, or at least that was the case when I last played tourneys a half year ago.

To the OP

The Lupus and other similar tanks, (i.e., Vulcan, Nameless, etc.) tend to go on sale once a year, which should be soon. Maybe in the next few months.

Anti-crate since 1958

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....Zl5l-lTjx3z-g7g

Also tagged with Lupus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users