Lupus

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ddbro_gaming #21 Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9587 battles

View PostRoberto577_One, on 22 April 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have to disagree. The Lupus is basically a T29 that sacrifices super speed boost and DPM for extra gun depression and alpha. That trade is a decent one, even if the T29 is still a superior tank.

People don't need to have played a tank to know how it works or if it's good. Between his EU and NA accounts, math363 has over 16000+ battles. That's enough to know how a tank plays by just looking at the stats.

That 'odd statement' is unfortunately true thanks to the heavy buffs last year. Admittedly the TD bit is odd, but the heavy bit is very true. You may have different experiences, but heavies are the kings of the mountains now. There's a reason why most tourney comps tend to include 4 heavies, a TD, and 2 lights and mediums, or at least that was the case when I last played tourneys a half year ago.

To the OP

The Lupus and other similar tanks, (i.e., Vulcan, Nameless, etc.) tend to go on sale once a year, which should be soon. Maybe in the next few months.

Thank you for your meticulous reply, I appreciate it. Would you happen to know how much gold it usually comes for, and whether or not the thing on top of the barrel is a weak spot, it registers as primary armor in blitzhangar?

Roberto577_One #22 Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:57 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 13228 battles

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 22 April 2021 - 07:51 PM, said:

Thank you for your meticulous reply, I appreciate it. Would you happen to know how much gold it usually comes for, and whether or not the thing on top of the barrel is a weak spot, it registers as primary armor in blitzhangar?

I wouldn't know about that armor, but I would suspect it isn't a weakspot. If I had to take a guess as to the gold value, less than 7.5K, although it'll probably come in a bundle with the others for like 12.5K or something around there.

Anti-crate since 1958

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....Zl5l-lTjx3z-g7g

j_rod #23 Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:12 AM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34992 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 22 April 2021 - 09:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't know about that armor, but I would suspect it isn't a weakspot. If I had to take a guess as to the gold value, less than 7.5K, although it'll probably come in a bundle with the others for like 12.5K or something around there.

No, the bacon is not part of the hitskin.

That said, there’s an HE pennable hatch to be aware of.

*Edit to add - sorry, I see they were talking about the scope or whatever the hell that thing is, not the bacon strips.

Edited by j_rod, 23 April 2021 - 08:02 PM.

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Stay off the phone while driving, you might kill someone!

math363 #24 Posted 23 April 2021 - 07:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1271 battles
  • [PATAD]

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 23 April 2021 - 03:06 AM, said:

Sure, it might not be the best, but it seems like a unique tank that would be fun to run that's all, and we're not bad players so we will be able to play effectively against mediums and lights lol.

EDIT: Is that flashlight thingy on top of the barrel a weak spot? It shows as primary armor on armor blitz hangar and armor inspector.

That's definitely the right mindset. It's certainly not king of tier 7 anymore, but it for sure breaks the top 5 heavy bar in the tier in my opinion.

View PostRoberto577_One, on 23 April 2021 - 04:22 AM, said:

I have to disagree. The Lupus is basically a T29 that sacrifices super speed boost and DPM for extra gun depression and alpha. That trade is a decent one, even if the T29 is still a superior tank.

People don't need to have played a tank to know how it works or if it's good. Between his EU and NA accounts, math363 has over 16000+ battles. That's enough to know how a tank plays by just looking at the stats.

That 'odd statement' is unfortunately true thanks to the heavy buffs last year. Admittedly the TD bit is odd, but the heavy bit is very true. You may have different experiences, but heavies are the kings of the mountains now. There's a reason why most tourney comps tend to include 4 heavies, a TD, and 2 lights and mediums, or at least that was the case when I last played tourneys a half year ago.

To the OP

The Lupus and other similar tanks, (i.e., Vulcan, Nameless, etc.) tend to go on sale once a year, which should be soon. Maybe in the next few months.

I admit the TD part was a stretch, I was mainly thinking of T8 tds when I said that, which imo are definitely better tier-for-tier than T7 tds, from personal experience.

EU account:

ironconch25 #25 Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:00 PM

Water Closet Warrior

• Players
  • 84138 battles
  • [-VWV-]

Lupus is a beast. Play hull down and wiggle turret. 

I have penned Lupus on the doohickey mounted above the barrel. Other possible spots are the coppula and the lower turret cheeks.

On paper in ideal conditions the T29 is better, but in game play the T29 hull and turret sides are easily penned IMHO.

It seems that the more people want a tank, then it goes to crates. See Scorpion crates. STOP BUYING CRATES!

Also tagged with Lupus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users