Jump to content


Lupus Update

Lupus Buff

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Ddbro_gaming #1 Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:09 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9587 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

Just bought myself the Lupus, its enjoyable, decently maneuverable, decent armor, amazing gun depression and I am enjoying it.

 

It is not nearly as OP as people think, the DPM is atrocious and calibrated shells are a necessity due to the pen being even worse. Calibrated premium cannot pen a Tiger II frontally and you cannot aim for the cupola due to gun handling, I feel like this is poor balance on WG's part.

 

Please consider buffing the pen and DPM as it no longer keeps up with even tech tree tanks like the IS, t29, tiger, and black prince. The armor does not hold up either, It has myriad weak spots (I feel like the one on top of the gun should be removed) and is vulnerable to smasher HE all over the turret,  I find it especially difficult to deal with.


So if WG reads this, please consider giving it a little bit of love, its already a decent tank, but the lack of DPM and Pen make it practically unusable, and I hope WG will consider buffing at least that.

 

 

 


Edited by Ddbro_gaming, 30 April 2021 - 12:09 AM.


IronBehemoth #2 Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:13 AM

    Official Society Game Play Publicist.

  • Players
  • 14089 battles
  • 598
  • [-EQX-]
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015
You want it buffed so that it can pen the most heavily armored t8 heavy frontally as a t7? And you want all weakspots removed from a turret that has 12 degrees gun depression???

Edited by IronBehemoth, 30 April 2021 - 01:17 AM.


Bellatormonk #3 Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:31 AM

    Tinfoil Knight

  • Players
  • 38621 battles
  • 1,869
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

Funny..somehow "I told ya so" comes to mind.  I understand though, because in this forum I could say the sky is blue and everyone will do their utmost to tell me it's actually green because I have blue eyes instead of brown.

 

http://forum.wotblit...-lupus-in-shop/

 



GaijinLOver #4 Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:34 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2608 battles
  • 143
  • [GRWO]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2020

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2021 - 08:31 PM, said:

Funny..somehow "I told ya so" comes to mind.  I understand though, because in this forum I could say the sky is blue and everyone will do their utmost to tell me it's actually green because I have blue eyes instead of brown.

 

http://forum.wotblit...-lupus-in-shop/

 

Lol


 

 


Handsome_Squidward_ #5 Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 981 battles
  • 724
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 29 April 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

It is not nearly as OP as people think, the DPM is atrocious and calibrated shells are a necessity due to the pen being even 

 

 

Whut? 175mm pen isn’t good @ Tier VII?  My IS and IS-2 Pravda have no problems with 175mm. The DPM is only 3% worse than the IS, IS-2, and IS-2 Prav. The Lupus looks like it plays like an IS series tank with 100 more HP, better aimtime, and better gun depression.  Trading in some armor and mobility for these things. 


—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

    WoT PC Defector


Ddbro_gaming #6 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9587 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

View PostIronBehemoth, on 29 April 2021 - 07:13 PM, said:

You want it buffed so that it can pen the most heavily armored t8 heavy frontally as a t7? And you want all weakspots removed from a turret that has 12 degrees gun depression???

You just don't even have a chance against a Tiger II, even with premium and calibrated, that's just absurd, and I never said to remove all the weakspots, there's a box on top of the gun that's a weak spot and an easy pen that I would like to see buffed or removed.



Ddbro_gaming #7 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9587 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2021 - 07:31 PM, said:

Funny..somehow "I told ya so" comes to mind.  I understand though, because in this forum I could say the sky is blue and everyone will do their utmost to tell me it's actually green because I have blue eyes instead of brown.

 

http://forum.wotblit...-lupus-in-shop/

 


I never said it was bad, In fact I am enjoying it a great amount, I just felt like there are a bit of areas that could use a bit of work that's all.



Bellatormonk #8 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:33 AM

    Tinfoil Knight

  • Players
  • 38621 battles
  • 1,869
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 30 April 2021 - 02:21 AM, said:


I never said it was bad, In fact I am enjoying it a great amount, I just felt like there are a bit of areas that could use a bit of work that's all.

I never said it bad either, just that it doesn't compete like the beast it used to be on release.  Then the flood of "no it's still great" rolled in.



MarBearCat #9 Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:32 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22740 battles
  • 13,547
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 29 April 2021 - 07:09 PM, said:

Just bought myself the Lupus, its enjoyable, decently maneuverable, decent armor, amazing gun depression and I am enjoying it.

 

It is not nearly as OP as people think, the DPM is atrocious and calibrated shells are a necessity due to the pen being even worse. Calibrated premium cannot pen a Tiger II frontally and you cannot aim for the cupola due to gun handling, I feel like this is poor balance on WG's part.

 

Please consider buffing the pen and DPM as it no longer keeps up with even tech tree tanks like the IS, t29, tiger, and black prince. The armor does not hold up either, It has myriad weak spots (I feel like the one on top of the gun should be removed) and is vulnerable to smasher HE all over the turret,  I find it especially difficult to deal with.


So if WG reads this, please consider giving it a little bit of love, its already a decent tank, but the lack of DPM and Pen make it practically unusable, and I hope WG will consider buffing at least that.

 

 

 

 

You want the buff so you can kill more kitty kats!!!!:angry:

 

No soup for you!!!


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


thenerfdude #10 Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:23 AM

    Ramming Speed!

  • Players
  • 38320 battles
  • 388
  • [_AUS_]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

You can't penetrate something reliably? Shoot HE, you have a 122mm

Tank has a weak spot on top of its turret? Just wiggle your turret, its small and hard to track if its moving

The tank is good, its weird, but good.


I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Download my coloured map mod!


Handsome_Squidward_ #11 Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:34 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 981 battles
  • 724
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2021 - 06:33 PM, said:

Then the flood of "no it's still great" rolled in.

I’m not saying outright it’s good. 
 

But it’s at least on-par with any of the Tier VII IS-Clones.


—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

    WoT PC Defector


maobos #12 Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:24 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2963 battles
  • 92
  • [TEX]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019

 

 

the gun dep is waay better on the lupus so no it does not need a buff 

 so if WG is gonna buff lupus they are gonna have to buff the entire russian tech tree at tier 7 and any other prem russians and pravda at tier 7

and the lycan


Edited by maobos, 30 April 2021 - 12:36 PM.

1034309904

Reaaally satisfies


_Crusader6_ #13 Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80189 battles
  • 19,058
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 29 April 2021 - 09:19 PM, said:

You just don't even have a chance against a Tiger II, even with premium and calibrated, that's just absurd, and I never said to remove all the weakspots, there's a box on top of the gun that's a weak spot and an easy pen that I would like to see buffed or removed.


Dude, are you reading what you wrote?

   A tier 7 heavy is having issues with a tier 8 heavy...

 

Color me shocked.

 

 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


maobos #14 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2963 battles
  • 92
  • [TEX]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019

_Crusader6_

 

Dude, are you reading what you wrote?

   A tier 7 heavy is having issues with a tier 8 heavy...

 

Color me shocked.

 lol:teethhappy:

 


1034309904

Reaaally satisfies


maobos #15 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2963 battles
  • 92
  • [TEX]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019
its like saying  a smasher or an anni having troubles penning a tiger2 or an action x or a shark welp thats not rlly a surprise considering their regular pen is trash but prem pen is still meh

Edited by maobos, 30 April 2021 - 02:21 PM.

1034309904

Reaaally satisfies


GaijinLOver #16 Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:31 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2608 battles
  • 143
  • [GRWO]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2020

View PostDdbro_gaming, on 29 April 2021 - 09:19 PM, said:

You just don't even have a chance against a Tiger II, even with premium and calibrated, that's just absurd, and I never said to remove all the weakspots, there's a box on top of the gun that's a weak spot and an easy pen that I would like to see buffed or removed.

Even my IS3 can only pen the tiger II on sides, and the small spots on its turret are almost impossible for a tank like mine(with bad aim) to pen.

 

Let alone a lupus


Edited by GaijinLOver, 30 April 2021 - 02:32 PM.

 

 


maobos #17 Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2963 battles
  • 92
  • [TEX]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019
and the capola is a weak spot too for tiger II

1034309904

Reaaally satisfies


tanker070 #18 Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:34 PM

    You rig some, you lose some

  • Players
  • 64299 battles
  • 1,603
  • [MSTRY]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014

yea i agree its not broken OP but this shows ya even if we pay for more than good premium tank, we still cant compete with broken heavies at 7..and avg heavies at 8 is no chance eitherway.

 

you guys should have played in +2/-2 ... is6 used to be OP and all we could ever do was put up with it.  Now im overwhelmed by sheer amount of over the top heavies that are "balanced" above most tech tree tanks.

 

thinking back to it now... preferential mm on premiums sound like one big rip-off tool.  middle finger to "fair and balance"


→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.


tanker070 #19 Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:19 PM

    You rig some, you lose some

  • Players
  • 64299 battles
  • 1,603
  • [MSTRY]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014

A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."

 

"The system may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player

 

source: https://www.gamespot...u/1100-6490864/


→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.


Ddbro_gaming #20 Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9587 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016
Actually after playing a bunch more games, I do see your guys' point this tank is CRACKED, the pen take a bit getting used to but, every thing else about this tank is just amazing. I'm clubbing smashers and annihilators in this thing, I'm lovin' it! :)





Also tagged with Lupus, Buff

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users