WG removed the "Lower Resolution" option in update 7.9?

graphics fps lag

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

anathsthesia #1 Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45932 battles
  • [_N_]

I play Blitz on my HP Spectre x360 laptop, and up until this update I had all of the settings optimized for maximum fps. The main thing that kept me from having fps lag was the "lower resolution" option that used to be available in the graphics settings. This is because my laptop screen is 4k resolution, and playing in 4k wrecks my gpu.  After installing update 7.9 I noticed an immediate and significant drop in my fps to the point that the game is now unplayable. I've spent quite some time now changing the graphics settings to see if anything helps but so far nothing has. Today I pulled the game up to take another look and noticed that it was looking extremely crisp. I thought that perhaps the lower resolution option had been turned off in the update somehow. However, I can no longer even find it anywhere in the settings. Did wargaming silently remove this option in 7.9, or is there now a different method of changing it? This option was extremely important for me and made all the difference with fps. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: I play on the Windows 10/Microsoft store version, and installed the Steam version today to see if it would work any better, but it was even worse.

Edited by __Anath, 30 April 2021 - 08:55 PM.

KempBushThe3rd #2 Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:25 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 22930 battles
  • [-PYX-]
Weird, the option is there on my phone but not on PC.

thenerfdude #3 Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:42 PM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 37959 battles
  • [_AUS_]
You can lower the defualt resolution of your screen in your PC's settings

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Download my coloured map mod!

Also tagged with graphics, fps, lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users