tutorial new player guide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

littlefinger101 #1 Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 54472 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Update 7.9 was released with the major update being to the new player tutorial...outside of looking more realistic with tier 6 tanks, the tutorial makes this game seem like simple point and shoot. 

So, I have put together three videos to explain the garage for new players. 

I have been on YouTube for a long time guys and I love this game. It has had its ups and downs, but I'm not here to make a living off YT, or putting out click bait for likes. I just want to help as many people as I can get better and more enjoyment from this great game.  Please consider subscribing if you like my content.....many thanks   ----- LF

Edited by littlefinger101, 03 May 2021 - 12:19 PM.

Rou_Garou #2 Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]

Keep on Keeping on Dude!

You and Fugit are my main guys now, no clickbait, no crying, no antics

Just straight up common sense advice and discussions

WG went from bare bones instructions to something written in Latin in the new tutorial

Kudos to them for listening, since they are often criticized for not paying attention

There are many options for videos available in this area and I hope you continue

o7 Rou

acrisis #3 Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22200 battles
  • [III-C]

I would change the " Because WOT Blitz won't " for something positive and actually more practical that may aid in search results; like :

WOT Blitz Garage Tutorial 2021 - Part 1 - Explaining the Garage Layout - Personal Supply 

The video would have benefitted from an indication of the overall initial view screen, highlight and describe those various segments [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ], because it is only a very quick mention in passing, followed by a lot of details, stats ...   Then jumps into battle pass, boosters ... before covering some more important stuff. 

I know there's a lot going on and a lot to cover. Point is, I think the script and story line could have been better. I know, it is easy to critique.
But some of those details I would put maybe on video 4. Because it is detailed day to day stuff, while people have no idea yet what is what ... 
Imo, it would have been better to go with Top Menu Bar, Left Side bar, Garage Carousel, followed by the center of the screen. 

And, WG really is too used to their own setup to think like a brand new player. They've had tons of feedback over the years. This new tutorial is a step in the right direction.

Edited by acrisis, 03 May 2021 - 12:42 PM.

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

littlefinger101 #4 Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 54472 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postacrisis, on 03 May 2021 - 07:38 AM, said:

I would change the " Because WOT Blitz won't " for something positive and actually more practical that may aid in search results; like :

WOT Blitz Garage Tutorial 2021 - Part 1 - Explaining the Garage Layout - Personal Supply 

I know there's a lot going on and a lot to cover. Point is, I think the script and story line could have been better. I know, it is easy to critique.
But some of those details I would put maybe on video 4. Because it is detailed day to day stuff, while people have no idea yet what is what ... 
Imo, it would have been better to go with Top Menu Bar, Left Side bar, Garage Carousel, followed by the center of the screen. 

Thanks for the advise. I changed the title of the videos in hopes that it sounds more positive and helps with clarification.  I tried just to go in order but perhaps going in order of importance would have been better. 

_The_Timid_Savage_ #5 Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:04 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7220 battles
  • [LVG]
I really appreciate that you don't use click bait and what not keep it up :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users