Map positioning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LEODEFENDER_steel #1 Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4839 battles
  • [PNCR]

So as a 2.9k battles with 49 wnr player Iam searching ways to get better. Something that i have struggled a lot is the maps positioning for all kinds of tanks except tds (I dont touch them) and i would like to get the positions you guys use in every map normally with heavys and meds/lights

yes I know that its very situational but just some tips of maps positions that help. I have searched of youtube (fatness, happy, bushka etc.) 

but i would like to know what positions you guys use.

iam not a good player but my goal is it get 70 winr 3k avrg in t10………

thanks! :)

whatzup22 #2 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3787 battles

Your goal might be a little too far. Try aiming for 60 winrate and above 2.5k dmg.

Edited by whatzup22, 08 June 2021 - 07:11 AM.

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 08 June 2021 - 11:03 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 50851 battles
  • [WKD]

Patience, too often we rush in (and inevitably do something stupid), understand how a map plays (dont be that guy that calls town on middleberg) and drive your tank like you are a one shot.

A good way to see if you are ready to move up to the next tier is if you can comfortably average a 50%WR and its health points in damage in the previous tiers tank

Rou_Garou #4 Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]

I specifically watch videos to get an idea of where and why they go the way they go.

HisRoyalFatness is very clear and helpful in this area.

Droodles was informative as well while he was grinding for the IS-6 Fearless in ratings last year

LEODEFENDER_steel #5 Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4839 battles
  • [PNCR]
Yes I know all about that and 70 wnr is veery far. But i just want to know about map positions that you guys use thats it. I know my goal is too far and I need play more low tier but i dont like it, movement dispersion sucks, aiming time sucks, etc. and i dont like it. 

_EmPulse #6 Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:09 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6173 battles
  • [-FNF-]

View PostLEODEFENDER_steel, on 08 June 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yes I know all about that and 70 wnr is veery far. But i just want to know about map positions that you guys use thats it. I know my goal is too far and I need play more low tier but i dont like it, movement dispersion sucks, aiming time sucks, etc. and i dont like it. 

it depends what type of tank you use

Partial Wallet Warrior

[4NRKY], [KMS], [FSX], [FSL1], [-SNT-], [VGN]  [WDBD]

60 / 51 WR

_EmPulse #7 Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6173 battles
  • [-FNF-]

I main heavies and meds. With a few tds

For maps like Himmseldorf, Yamato, and New Bay, I tend to sidescrape (unless I'm using a British tank), and peek around corners for quick shots or to see where red positions are. Anything behind cover, or hull-down is good for heavies. Use HE on sides and rear, you can high roll massive amounts in the higher tiers.

For meds, I tend to hunt down lights or engage in small skirmishes with other meds, along with help from others meds/lights on the team. The main point of meds is to engage with other meds and finish off any low hp reds. Catch any unsuspecting td in the open and COD them. I usually use HE for tracking, destroying their gun, or to kill their driver.

Lights are the ones to scout, spotting the reds and most times, firing only a few shots or helping the heavies or meds.

TD's tend to stay in the back of the map on high positions to punch massive hp off of reds so they can be finished off by the others. HE has a high damage for a reason, so use that to your advantage whenever you can.

Edited by _EmPulse, 09 June 2021 - 03:34 PM.

Partial Wallet Warrior

[4NRKY], [KMS], [FSX], [FSL1], [-SNT-], [VGN]  [WDBD]

60 / 51 WR

minitel_NA #8 Posted 04 September 2021 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostLEODEFENDER_steel, on 08 June 2021 - 06:32 AM, said:

So as a 2.9k battles with 49 wnr player Iam searching ways to get better. Something that i have struggled a lot is the maps positioning for all kinds of tanks except tds (I dont touch them) and i would like to get the positions you guys use in every map normally with heavys and meds/lights

yes I know that its very situational but just some tips of maps positions that help. I have searched of youtube (fatness, happy, bushka etc.) 

but i would like to know what positions you guys use.

iam not a good player but my goal is it get 70 winr 3k avrg in t10………

thanks! :)

same answer I made in another thread.

Watch your replays in map inspector. Especially if there was a good player in your team (always watch the top damage makers profiles) 

also check heatmaps on wotinspector. That will show you were things happen, which routes people make more XP and so on. 

i don’t think you can learn all tank classes or all maps at once. Become good at something, and then at something else, and slowly fill the gaps in between. 

as general advice, look at the minimap at all times.

As a map positioning: never get isolated without an escape plan.
As a more local position : never expose yourself to more than one gun, and ideally that gun shouldn’t be loaded.

after that it’s down to individual tanks teams and situation.

Edited by minitel_NA, 04 September 2021 - 10:45 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #9 Posted 05 September 2021 - 12:23 AM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 75783 battles
  • [CRYBB]

View PostLEODEFENDER_steel, on 08 June 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

1)Yes I know all about that and 70 wnr is veery far. But i just want to know about map positions that you guys use thats it. I know my goal is too far and

2)I need play more low tier but i dont like it, movement dispersion sucks, aiming time sucks, etc. and i dont like it. 

beyond just knowing where to go, it's probably a good idea to consider what makes those positions work, and what the reds try to do to dig you out; from there you can work whatever positions that you need to - not just the ideal spots.

1) you're closer than a lot of us, just based on the fact that you haven't dug a pit in your stats 50k games deep :hiding:

just keep up how you're working on things and you'll probably get there without much stress 

2) play what is fun to you, you can safely forget about low tiers and not miss much.

Edited by TengenToppaPotatoLagann, 05 September 2021 - 12:25 AM.

View Post_YSoSerious, on 03 November 2021 - 10:33 PM, said:

Everything you need to learn from on the forum is already written down eons ago. What's left is a scattering of woe me hobos and wannabe Unis like me. Just do a search on the search bar, and soak up the knowledge from legends who have since moved on to Valhalla. All we can offer you is distilled regurgitation, or worse, incorrect advice.

Learn about HE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users