premium shop tank tanks question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Suskou #1 Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3567 battles
  • [NSZ]
So lately I've seen some really good tanks in shop such as the chieftain, action X, progretto etc. and it brings me to the question about 2 specific tanks that I really want but don't have. Has the smasher and annihilator ever been in shop and if not will I be expecting it to be in the shop in future updates for gold or money?

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:43 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18021 battles
  • [K9]
Crates.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

_GraceToo #3 Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

She Said I'm Tragically Hip

• Players
  • 60461 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostSuskou, on 30 June 2021 - 01:35 PM, said:

So lately I've seen some really good tanks in shop such as the chieftain, action X, progretto etc. and it brings me to the question about 2 specific tanks that I really want but don't have. Has the smasher and annihilator ever been in shop and if not will I be expecting it to be in the shop in future updates for gold or money?

They will never be sold for $ or gold.

WG's approach is to create clearly OP tanks and then sell them for crates, which guarantees that they get top dollar from people desperate to buy them.

Tanks that are sold for $ or gold are all going to be average at best or below average a fair amount of the time (high Panther M 10 I'm looking at you.)

Suskou #4 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3567 battles
  • [NSZ]

View Post_GraceToo, on 30 June 2021 - 09:56 PM, said:

WG's approach is to create clearly OP tanks and then sell them for crates, which guarantees that they get top dollar from people desperate to buy them.

Tanks that are sold for $ or gold are all going to be average at best or below average a fair amount of the time (high Panther M 10 I'm looking at you.)

Ah I see, alright thank you very much, are there any specific crates meant for the anni and smasher?

j_rod #5 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:06 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34045 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostSuskou, on 30 June 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ah I see, alright thank you very much, are there any specific crates meant for the anni and smasher?

Not at the moment, but potentially in the future. Hence why they won’t nerf those two abominations.

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Handsome_Squidward_ #6 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 980 battles
  • [PRD]
Containers Collection and Collect em All containers have the Smasher right now. I believe the Containers has a 5% drop chance. Good luck!

—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

WoT PC Defector

Suskou #7 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3567 battles
  • [NSZ]

View Postj_rod, on 30 June 2021 - 10:06 PM, said:

Not at the moment, but potentially in the future. Hence why they won’t nerf those two abominations.

There's honestly nothing worse than a platoon of either the tanks, it's horrifying

Suskou #8 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3567 battles
  • [NSZ]

View Postvirus_SHAME, on 30 June 2021 - 10:10 PM, said:

Containers Collection and Collect em All containers have the Smasher right now. I believe the Containers has a 5% drop chance. Good luck!

Haha, thank you!

Irany0 #9 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:45 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 27185 battles
  • [FRS17]
The key to getting tanks like these are to buy them before Wargaming knows they're busted. Both the smasher and anni were stupidly cheap when first released. I've never seen a fantasy tank tested, so when you see the stupid stats and capabilities, get them then before they become wargamings newest toxic cash cow.

j_rod #10 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:47 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34045 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostIrany0, on 30 June 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

The key to getting tanks like these are to buy them before Wargaming knows they're busted. Both the smasher and anni were stupidly cheap when first released. I've never seen a fantasy tank tested, so when you see the stupid stats and capabilities, get them then before they become wargamings newest toxic cash cow.

^^^this. Coupled with WG’s unwillingness to nerf premium/collector tanks, regardless how broken they are. 

The issue with the Annihilator is twofold - it’s the most broken tank in game and it was very easy accessible so it inundates tier 7. 

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Irany0 #11 Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:50 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 27185 battles
  • [FRS17]

View Postj_rod, on 30 June 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

^^^this. Coupled with WG’s unwillingness to nerf premium/collector tanks, regardless how broken they are. 

The issue with the Annihilator is twofold - it’s the most broken tank in game and it was very easy accessible so it inundates tier 7. 

The annihilator is a unique dilemma. It's unbelievably busted and incredibly wide spread, two attributes wargaming has generally avoided pairing. I don't blame them for not knowing what to do. They're doomed if they nerf it, and doomed if they don't. It's when they resell this tank that I'll really be mad. It'll prove they genuinely do not care about tier 7 balance and only see it as a means to make quick, unsustainable cash.

Edited by Irany0, 30 June 2021 - 10:53 PM.

Suskou #12 Posted 30 June 2021 - 11:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3567 battles
  • [NSZ]

View PostIrany0, on 30 June 2021 - 10:45 PM, said:

Oh alright, thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for some new tanks.

tedg5 #13 Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:33 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 63432 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View Post_GraceToo, on 30 June 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

Actually, I disagree. They will always sell for gold if you hang around here long enough. With just one or two exceptions, all other formerly considered OP tanks have. And those exceptions haven’t been sold at all. :harp:

AstoIfo #14 Posted 01 July 2021 - 04:48 AM

Beware of Traps

• Players
  • 14835 battles
  • [ZELDA]
The smasher can be acquired in a variety of crates, whether it be general crates or tank specific ones. It was first sold for $30 and was never sold for cash/gold again. The Annihilator was originally $10 in the Halloween event and has never been sold again. Thus, you are SOL until WG notices that their earnings are too low for the month and throws them into the shop.

Failure is life's greatest teacher. Once you accept failure, and learn from it, you will know success.

DirkTheDaring76 #15 Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37938 battles
  • [ZOOM]

View Post_GraceToo, on 30 June 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

This isn't true. You can get some exceptional tanks for gold quite often in the store or through offers.

Also tagged with premium, shop, tank, tanks, question

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users