Jump to content


TVP VTU, a bit too tricky for my tastes


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

THERebrth #1 Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:35 PM

    Passive-aggresive but more passive

  • Players
  • 14995 battles
  • 781
  • [-NV]
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013
Its fat, no armor, only 6 degrees of gun depression, and just ok mobility. If you want a tank for trading why not drive a soviet heavy or smth, at least those things have some semblance of workable armor. give this tank 8 degrees of gun depression. This tank is like playing a light tank with none of the benefits

Raging Dumbo


KempBushThe3rd #2 Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:23 AM

    my words sometimes mean things

  • Players
  • 23663 battles
  • 3,559
  • [MAPLE]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014
All the tech tree tier 8 meds except the Pantera suck, and the VTU is just a Leo PTA brought down to tier 8 and made even worse.

 


daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:07 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

View PostKempBushThe3rd, on 30 July 2021 - 11:23 PM, said:

All the tech tree tier 8 meds except the Pantera suck, and the VTU is just a Leo PTA brought down to tier 8 and made even worse.

Let's see...
Pershing is solid, T-44 is excellent, Panther II is workable now that its got some armor, Indien Pz is just underrated, T-34-2 is pretty good, STA-1 needs a buff but the gun is excellent, T69 is underrated with troll armor and a decent gun, Pantera is fantastic, and the VTU is workable.

 

Of all these the Pershing, T-44, and Pantera are my top 3. Panther II is a runner up but I personally just don't like it that much, if Tier X German lights are brought in the Ru 251's link to the Leo 1 should disappear so that the Indien is actually played, the T-34-2 I haven't played but it's pretty good from what I've heard, and I know people who absolutely love the T69, but again no one plays it because of the T49. The STA is the only really poor vehicle that needs a buff, and since it still should be a glass cannon I'd suggest a RoF buff or maybe even an alpha buff to make it a bit unique.

 

Oh, and the Centurion absolutely sucks but that's old news.

 

If any Tier 8 tech tree meds were to be buffed I'd just touch up their pen a little bit for the 170-180 mm pen guns, or maybe RoF especially for the 122 on the T-44 (which to be honest, is REALLY fun in platoons).

 

And of course the Cent needs a massive rebalancing.


 


KempBushThe3rd #4 Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:44 PM

    my words sometimes mean things

  • Players
  • 23663 battles
  • 3,559
  • [MAPLE]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 31 July 2021 - 12:07 PM, said:

Let's see...
Pershing is solid, T-44 is excellent, Panther II is workable now that its got some armor, Indien Pz is just underrated, T-34-2 is pretty good, STA-1 needs a buff but the gun is excellent, T69 is underrated with troll armor and a decent gun, Pantera is fantastic, and the VTU is workable.

 

Pershing's only advantage is mantlet armor. The turret cheeks are an easy pen and the gun and mobility are very mediocre.

 

T-44 is outclassed by the T-54 ltwt for the most part.

 

Panther II is no better than the tier 7 Panther below it.

 

Indien Pz has trash gun handling just like the CDC, but without the mobility to go along with it. Plus the armor is pointless.

 

I don't like the T-34-2, alpha is nice but I felt more comfortable in the WZ-120 with its 3 degrees of gun depression because it has better gun handling and useable DPM.

 

STA-1 gun has trash aim time, gun handling, and DPM, especially when you consider that it has no other advantages.

 

I'm sure the T69 can be a fun tank, but it's pointless if you own the Progetto.


 


daREAL_trainboi #5 Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:08 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

Pershing is quite solid hull down, and while the gun is meh it was buffed so it's slightly better. It was a very comfortable and reliable tank for me, easy to play and have good games in.

 

Yes, the ltwt does out class the T-44 but that doesn't make the T-44 bad. I still like the better gun depression, HP, and RoF of the T-44. 

 

Panther II is definitely tier for tier worse than the Panther but it's ok. It's one of those bad luck tanks for me where I always seem to get the worst luck, but when it does work it's great with good DPM, pen, and excellent ramming speed. I think the power to weight ratio and the big speed bleed when turning holds it back.

 

Indien Pz does have troll armor and I've seen them get some really weird bounces. Plus, it gets -10 degrees of gun depression. It's a fine tank I'm sure but the real problem is no one plays it because of the Ru 251.

 

T-34-2 is, from what I've seen, a more hard headed T-44 with a thicker turret but not much else. It's definitely got the alpha though.

 

STA-1 is definitely trash, all it has are pen and gun depression. I think it needs a touch up to the gun to transform it into a powerful glass cannon. Make it quite accurate and give it better DPM so it's got a formidable weapon.

 

And the T69 is fine, but standard pen is definitely on the low side.

 


 


FrogWithATopHat #6 Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:58 PM

    Ribbit Ribbit My Good Sir

  • Players
  • 11260 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    08-06-2020

haha the T-34-2 is actually hot garbage. Like I'd play a Centurion Mk.1 before I touch the T-34-2. It has horrid gun handling and dpm which in my opinion outshadows having slightly more alpha. The mobility is meh. Turret armour is good until you realize that 5 degrees of gun depression hampers any hopes of hull down plays. And the hull is made of tissue paper which just ends like exacerbating the effects of the 5 degrees of GD. As a analogy, the T-34-2's hull is like a Defender Mk.1's hull, non existent. Finally, WG had to slap on the good old 1400 hitpoints which is awful considering the fact that you'll usually be trading shot for shot with the enemy and you have no armour to bounce shells. :D


 

 

 PLAYERS WITH  200 BATTLES  SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO PURCHASE A TIER 8 PREMIUM!!! 


whatzup22 #7 Posted 01 August 2021 - 01:18 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3857 battles
  • 1,555
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostFrogWithATopHat, on 01 August 2021 - 07:58 AM, said:

haha the T-34-2 is actually hot garbage. Like I'd play a Centurion Mk.1 before I touch the T-34-2. It has horrid gun handling and dpm which in my opinion outshadows having slightly more alpha. The mobility is meh. Turret armour is good until you realize that 5 degrees of gun depression hampers any hopes of hull down plays. And the hull is made of tissue paper which just ends like exacerbating the effects of the 5 degrees of GD. As a analogy, the T-34-2's hull is like a Defender Mk.1's hull, non existent. Finally, WG had to slap on the good old 1400 hitpoints which is awful considering the fact that you'll usually be trading shot for shot with the enemy and you have no armour to bounce shells. :D

Slightly more alpha? I’m sorry but the gun on this thing matches up with heavies…with the fastest aim time to go with it, albeit not the penetration…but you’re gonna face meds and lights anyways.

Turret armor is impenetratable if you wiggle. 

If you can’t use 5 degrees GD that’s a you problem. The tier IX has an even poorer 3 degrees.

I ran 122 battles in it with 4K winrate and 2.1k dmg. This tank is very very underrated if you can made do with the gun and turret.

 

 



KaniFan #8 Posted 01 August 2021 - 03:23 PM

    Official advocate for 40%ers

  • Players
  • 17662 battles
  • 815
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2018
84-90mm single shot mediums are garbage. T-44, T-34-2, and the clippers ofc are fine where they are.

The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.


daREAL_trainboi #9 Posted 01 August 2021 - 04:50 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

View Post_Wikipedia, on 01 August 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

84-90mm single shot mediums are garbage. T-44, T-34-2, and the clippers ofc are fine where they are.

I don’t think they’re garbage except the Cent and STA, they’re just average/meh. I’m probably one of the only players in the NA server who actually really enjoyed playing the Pershing, and who ranks it as one of the best Tier 8 mediums.


 


KaniFan #10 Posted 01 August 2021 - 05:57 PM

    Official advocate for 40%ers

  • Players
  • 17662 battles
  • 815
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2018

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 01 August 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

I don’t think they’re garbage except the Cent and STA, they’re just average/meh. I’m probably one of the only players in the NA server who actually really enjoyed playing the Pershing, and who ranks it as one of the best Tier 8 mediums.


84-90mm single shot mediums especially tech tree ones are just bad, how can you not see that.

 

DPM values that do not exceed 2.3k is a ****ing joke, especially with that dinky 90mm gun of yours, gun handling isn’t stellar, armor is either non existent or a half ***ed effort to make a heavy tank, and the mobility is a heavium at best.

 

Just because you like the tank does not make the tank good, simple logic.


The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.


daREAL_trainboi #11 Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:41 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

It may not be statistically good, but that doesn't dictate whether it's fun to play.

 

I loved it because of the nice big mantlet making it fairly reliable at hulldown, the good enough mobility, workable gun, and excellent premium rounds. Does the Pershing need a buff? Definitely. 

 

But is it an absolute pile of trash? No. 

 

DPM isn't everything because only in certain circumstances will you be constantly firing to maximize your DPM.  Gun handling isnt great but it was very comfortable and I didn't struggle to hit most shots. Yes, the top speed kind of sucks but the soft stats including traverse and power to weight ratio are still pretty good. 

 

Besides, American tanks aren't supposed to have good DPM, or mobility, or armor, or anything. They sacrifice specialization for versatility. For skilled players this probably makes them boring to play because there is only so much you can do with them, but for an average player they work great.

 

 


 


daREAL_trainboi #12 Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:43 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

(also wasn't this thread on the TVP VTU at first?)

 

My opinions: It's meh.

 

Still grinding the gun using the 8.8cm because its far more reliable than the 100 mm. Still, I'd much rather play the T-34/100 or Skoda T 25 from the Czech branch, and because I enjoy the Pantera so much I'm looking forward to a slightly similar playstyle with the T 50.


 


KaniFan #13 Posted 02 August 2021 - 03:08 AM

    Official advocate for 40%ers

  • Players
  • 17662 battles
  • 815
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2018

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 01 August 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

It may not be statistically good, but that doesn't dictate whether it's fun to play.

 

I loved it because of the nice big mantlet making it fairly reliable at hulldown, the good enough mobility, workable gun, and excellent premium rounds. Does the Pershing need a buff? Definitely. 

 

But is it an absolute pile of trash? No. 

 

DPM isn't everything because only in certain circumstances will you be constantly firing to maximize your DPM.  Gun handling isnt great but it was very comfortable and I didn't struggle to hit most shots. Yes, the top speed kind of sucks but the soft stats including traverse and power to weight ratio are still pretty good. 

 

Besides, American tanks aren't supposed to have good DPM, or mobility, or armor, or anything. They sacrifice specialization for versatility. For skilled players this probably makes them boring to play because there is only so much you can do with them, but for an average player they work great.

 

 


How can something be versatile if everything is terrible? The gun is trash, mobility is barely passable, and so is the armor. Thats just called being bad at everything and not being versatile.


The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.


daREAL_trainboi #14 Posted 08 August 2021 - 12:41 AM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 17046 battles
  • 891
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

Because everything is not terrible, it’s just meh/average. 
 

Unlike other Tier 8 mediums which might have one or 2 defining traits that dictate their playstyle, the Pershing is equal in all of them. This means it’s good, but not great, at filling many medium tank roles on the battlefield. If we take something like a Pantera, it is really strong on the gun and mobility  but not so much on the armor. Or a Panther II which has a good gun, decent armor, but definitely lacking in mobility. Or the STA, which has a nice gun, but nothing else.

 

Looking at the Pershing, it’s not like this. The gun isn’t it’s strong point, nor the mobility, nor the armor. All 3 of those statistics are simply “good enough” to make it workable. The beauty of this is, the Pershing can take this format to its advantage and be a formidable opponent to more specialized vehicles. The gun hits it’s shots and it’s very comfortable to use, the mobility is enough to move around and get into position, and the turret is solid enough to bounce about 80-85% of the shots fired at it. 
 

If you didn’t seem to take in, the doctrine of most US mediums is versatility. They’re not designed to be flankers, or brawlers, or support tanks, or snipers. Rather, they are designed to perform decently, if not perfectly, at these tactics.

 

For experienced players US mediums definitely feel lacking because the skilled player is better suited to play tanks with a higher skill ceiling and perform in them very well rather than a more versatile tank that is limited in its role due to the player essentially being too good for it. This is why American tanks are good beginner vehicles, because they have a low skill ceiling.

 

 

Im just sick of the hatred towards “bad” American tanks, they really deserve a lot more credit than what most people think. 

 

 


 


KempBushThe3rd #15 Posted 09 August 2021 - 04:40 AM

    my words sometimes mean things

  • Players
  • 23663 battles
  • 3,559
  • [MAPLE]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 07 August 2021 - 08:41 PM, said:

For experienced players US mediums definitely feel lacking because the skilled player is better suited to play tanks with a higher skill ceiling and perform in them very well rather than a more versatile tank that is limited in its role due to the player essentially being too good for it. This is why American tanks are good beginner vehicles, because they have a low skill ceiling.

 

 

Im just sick of the hatred towards “bad” American tanks, they really deserve a lot more credit than what most people think. 

 

noob friendly ≠ good tank

 

And the American medium line is just flat out lame.


 


_Taste #16 Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:35 AM

    Floof Fanatic

  • Players
  • 30401 battles
  • 1,163
  • [PONDA]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

i actually liked the vtu for some reason

must be the pretty good mobility & a 105 thats pretty decent 

also u can frontscape with this tank- i much preferred it to the vk4502a (pre buffed)


Edited by KommandantSEEN_2014, 11 August 2021 - 11:36 AM.

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

 

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users