Jump to content


3TD Spam is Ruining the Fun in WOTB

Td 183

  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: 3TD Spam is Ruining the Fun in WOTB (31 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Whats the max lim in TDs per team?

  1. 2 max (12 votes [57.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.14%

  2. 3 per team Its fine (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Hide poll

rosgrim #21 Posted 13 August 2021 - 03:33 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 112866 battles
  • 755
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 12 August 2021 - 03:54 PM, said:

Remove all class matching. 


I agree with this.

In the long term works.

But I'm thinking at the same time remove forced toons MM/pairing (otherwise that is less effective).

The "chaos" works if everything is random.



otirruborez #22 Posted 13 August 2021 - 08:58 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2486 battles
  • 523
  • Member since:
    05-01-2020

it has nothing to do with the strength of td's. but when 6 of 14 tanks are td's the pace of the game slows down to a crawl. this is blitz not pc. it's a problem. 

 

it's like playing an fps when half the server are snipers. it's just not fun no matter how weak/strong they are.


Edited by otirruborez, 13 August 2021 - 09:00 AM.


whatzup22 #23 Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:06 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3221 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017
Tds and heavies, no one cares. I don’t mind having 4 heavies 2 tds like my last match. (Im the only med)

The problem is mediums. If there is unbalanced no. of mediums it is a huge disadvantage for the team with less med.
Example: castilla, mines, port bay.

__V_O_P__ #24 Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:37 AM

    A Lapsed Pacifist

  • Players
  • 62456 battles
  • 2,474
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 August 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

Tds and heavies, no one cares. I don’t mind having 4 heavies 2 tds like my last match. (Im the only med)

The problem is mediums. If there is unbalanced no. of mediums it is a huge disadvantage for the team with less med.
Example: castilla, mines, port bay.


Preach!



_Crusader6_ #25 Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:51 AM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 August 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

Tds and heavies, no one cares. I don’t mind having 4 heavies 2 tds like my last match. (Im the only med)

The problem is mediums. If there is unbalanced no. of mediums it is a huge disadvantage for the team with less med.
Example: castilla, mines, port bay.

 

View Post__V_O_P__, on 13 August 2021 - 04:37 AM, said:


Preach!


Currently none of those or other maps require meds. 
  Think of the IS-4 or E5 for mines, some meds can’t even get to the hill entrance by the times heavies are there.  
 The HP and Armor will let them just push on meds unless the meds have heavy support.  
 

Castilla, any of the mobile heavies can deny the Church area and push over and overwhelm the meds. 
   
Port Bay? The E5, IS-7 and WZ-113 can cross the river, and then be basically untouchable.  
  Plus if you have a huge imbalance - you can either camp spawn and clobber those who decide to go searching, or short flank town to come up behind their heavies and TD’s 

 

Right now, the 10m ish difference in view range isn’t significant enough to stop the mobile heavies from doing most of turn work of meds.  The issue isn’t the tanks, it’s the player base no adapting to using their tank in a role that it can fill when their is a gap.  
 

Removing the type matching will in the long run make the player base more adaptive.  
 

 

 


 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


_YukariAkiyamaBestWaifu #26 Posted 13 August 2021 - 04:01 PM

    Floof Fanatic

  • Players
  • 27376 battles
  • 1,120
  • [HATED]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View Post_Wikipedia, on 13 August 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

TDs need a limit of only one or two per team, and other tank types don’t need a limit at all.

agreed


Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY


krietenstein34 #27 Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35791 battles
  • 2,416
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015
You read my mind.   Agree 110%.  2max per team.  
:girl:

_Crusader6_ #28 Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:52 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Better idea: remove all TD’s past tier 7…
I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


CryptOh #29 Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:52 PM

    Twenty Shots One Kill

  • Players
  • 40584 battles
  • 2,790
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017

Not a big deal. Yeah I HATE getting nailed by a 183 but it's part of the game.

 

Soon I'll have my own 183. Insert evil scientist laugh...


Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

CryptOh #30 Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:54 PM

    Twenty Shots One Kill

  • Players
  • 40584 battles
  • 2,790
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017

View Post_Crusader6_, on 13 August 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Better idea: remove all TD’s past tier 7…

 

Terrible idea. TD's are a blast to play. The game would be BORING without them.


Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

_Crusader6_ #31 Posted 13 August 2021 - 10:12 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostAntoineDodson, on 13 August 2021 - 01:54 PM, said:

 

Terrible idea. TD's are a blast to play. The game would be BORING without them.


TD’s like heavies tanks died out.  
 

TD’s are generally played by window licking oxygen thieves who sit red line and do nothing. 
  I fully support the removal of that type of tank 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


__V_O_P__ #32 Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:47 AM

    A Lapsed Pacifist

  • Players
  • 62456 battles
  • 2,474
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 13 August 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

 


Currently none of those or other maps require meds. 
  Think of the IS-4 or E5 for mines, some meds can’t even get to the hill entrance by the times heavies are there.  
 The HP and Armor will let them just push on meds unless the meds have heavy support.  
 

Castilla, any of the mobile heavies can deny the Church area and push over and overwhelm the meds. 
   
Port Bay? The E5, IS-7 and WZ-113 can cross the river, and then be basically untouchable.  
  Plus if you have a huge imbalance - you can either camp spawn and clobber those who decide to go searching, or short flank town to come up behind their heavies and TD’s 

 

Right now, the 10m ish difference in view range isn’t significant enough to stop the mobile heavies from doing most of turn work of meds.  The issue isn’t the tanks, it’s the player base no adapting to using their tank in a role that it can fill when their is a gap.  
 

Removing the type matching will in the long run make the player base more adaptive.  
 

 

 


 


I'm gonna defend the honor of the med / light folk and tell you that you could "try" to push me on the church area of Castilla, but in that tight terrain, with TDs around, I'm leading you on a merry chase, slowly bleeding you out. And if you don't chase me, I'm cross-firing your heavy kin on the windmill side. 

 

And on mines, you are risking significant HP loss pushing a med or light tank that has the entrance, several times I've just parked my tank in the way, causing a traffic jam for my TDs to farm nub red heavies. The same on port bay... most fast heavies that try to, don't make it, if they make it, sure. but most don't try.

 



__V_O_P__ #33 Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:48 AM

    A Lapsed Pacifist

  • Players
  • 62456 battles
  • 2,474
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 13 August 2021 - 05:12 PM, said:


TD’s like heavies tanks died out.  
 

TD’s are generally played by window licking oxygen thieves who sit red line and do nothing. 
  I fully support the removal of that type of tank 


I'm sure many are but it's the fast heavies ruining the meta... not TDs... please let's keep our message to WG consistent



_Crusader6_ #34 Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:50 AM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Post__V_O_P__, on 13 August 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:


I'm sure many are but it's the fast heavies ruining the meta... not TDs... please let's keep our message to WG consistent


I have a very consistent message - Mediums ATWFTW 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


whatzup22 #35 Posted 14 August 2021 - 02:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3221 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 August 2021 - 09:47 AM, said:


I'm gonna defend the honor of the med / light folk and tell you that you could "try" to push me on the church area of Castilla, but in that tight terrain, with TDs around, I'm leading you on a merry chase, slowly bleeding you out. And if you don't chase me, I'm cross-firing your heavy kin on the windmill side. 

 

And on mines, you are risking significant HP loss pushing a med or light tank that has the entrance, several times I've just parked my tank in the way, causing a traffic jam for my TDs to farm nub red heavies. The same on port bay... most fast heavies that try to, don't make it, if they make it, sure. but most don't try.

 

And also, even if heavies somehow are faster than meds, they still wouldn’t make it to essential positions before the meds. This is because of the spawn point.

 

For example: Castilla. The heavies spawn facing away from church. When the meds are halfway to church, the heavies would just be starting to make their way out of spawn after turning a whole 180 degrees. 

This is the same for Portbay and Mines. The difference in spawn allow a decent advantage for meds.

 

Basically, fast heavies do not affect meds performance. The main problem is when its 2 meds against one.



_Crusader6_ #36 Posted 14 August 2021 - 12:06 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 August 2021 - 09:45 PM, said:

 

Basically, fast heavies do not affect meds performance. The main problem is when its 2 meds against one.


Honestly that is by far the stupidest thing said on this forum in a long time. 

Fast heavies have made the game pointless for many other classes. 
  Why run something with less armor, less HP, less pen, for only a minor loss on mobility and view range?     Because it’s boring, sadly that doesn’t factor in most players tank choices.  
 

 

I’d be fine with a 1 / team hard cap on TD’s, but would accept 2. 
  Unfortunately the TD spam is simply a factor of the OPness of HT’s and TD’s are a counter.  
8.2 should see a drop in TD’s simply because the med buffs and mobile HT nerfs will make TD’s less relevant.  

 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


Irany0 #37 Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:08 PM

    Currently Unavailable

  • Players
  • 27438 battles
  • 3,319
  • [FRS17]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016
TDs just slow down gameplay for everyone. They refuse to move out of spawn, and nobody on red wants to be the poor sap that finds that out. I wouldn't mind a hard cap on TD #s, it'd probably make the game more interesting.

__V_O_P__ #38 Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:54 PM

    A Lapsed Pacifist

  • Players
  • 62456 battles
  • 2,474
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 14 August 2021 - 07:06 AM, said:


Honestly that is by far the stupidest thing said on this forum in a long time. 
 

View Postwhatzup22, on 13 August 2021 - 09:45 PM, said:

...

 

Basically, fast heavies do not affect meds performance. The main problem is when its 2 meds against one.

 

View PostIrany0, on 14 August 2021 - 10:08 AM, said:

TDs just slow down gameplay for everyone. They refuse to move out of spawn, and nobody on red wants to be the poor sap that finds that out. I wouldn't mind a hard cap on TD #s, it'd probably make the game more interesting.

 

Overall the WOTB meta is being driven by heavies and fast-ones in particular eat into the role of mediums - which I suspect is why C6 made his comment (BTW C6 at some point you must share the story about how your career in the State Dept come to an abrupt end). Having said that, this thread is about MM, so I assume that is why Whatzup made his comment about the speed of heavy tanks not being important. My view is that battles are often determined by the med flank...higher DPM, smaller HP pools, no armor, can mean that that flank gets resolved quicker... so the MM w.r.t. that flank is important. However, this is a different issue to the one raised by the OP.

 

Okay... to summarize the points here. 

 

All tank types are hard capped to 3 max each team as far as anyone can ascertain. Below is the text from the MM discussion. The issue is whether 3 TDs per team ruins the game...FWIW TDs feature as among the most popular tanks to play (WT, Grille, 183)... they tend to be easier to use but they have the lowest win rates and usually are more team dependent. Usually that means that it gives other tank class drivers more to do...depending how you view this, lots of TDs on both teams is either making work for you or (my opinion) providing you greater opportunity to influence the outcome of the battle.

 

For the folks complaining about TDs stopping Heavy tank play, cry me a river. Heavies are the top tier predator in this meta...if you get slapped by the occasional TD shell, inshallah.  

 

====

MM thread.... 

 

Teams must be 7x7, except for low online (in this case, you can create smaller battles, for example 5x5 or 3x3);

 

Teams should be mirror-balanced according to the level of technology (if one team has 3 tanks of the tenth level and 4 of the ninth, then the other should also have 3 tens and 4 nines);

 

In both teams, the tier of platoons must be the same;

 

Teams should have no more than 3 tanks of each type (for example, no more than 3 heavy tanks, no more than 3 tank destroyers). The rule works from the 5th level and higher;

 

The difference in the number of tanks of the same type for two teams should not be more than one (for example, if one team has 1 tank destroyer, then the second can have a maximum of 2 tank destroyers);

 

Teams should be balanced in the number of identical tanks, with a difference of no more than one tank (if one team has 1 IS-7, then in the other - no more than 2 IS-7)

 

 



_Crusader6_ #39 Posted 14 August 2021 - 04:39 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80247 battles
  • 19,094
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
The only cap for tank type is TD, there is no cap on the other tanks - other than not a difference beyond 1 of that type between the teams 
I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


JefeMac #40 Posted 14 August 2021 - 05:00 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7853 battles
  • 968
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 12 August 2021 - 11:37 PM, said:


Honestly the tier imbalance was the major issue. 
  5 tier X 2 tier 9 on red versus 2 tier 9 and 5 tier 8 on green. 
That lead me to ‘Go Home MM You’re DRUNK’ as a hot key. 

 

I never minded the type imbalance.   
 

 

 


Agreed ! 



 

The only bad questions are the ones never asked, the only bad ideas are ones never considered.
 






Also tagged with Td, 183

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users