• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

_YukariAkiyamaBestWaifu #1 Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:24 PM

Floof Fanatic

• Players
  • 27376 battles
  • [HATED]

personally, I think some of the buffs & nerfs to the tanks are not justified

although getting off the very dominant heavy meta is a good thing and allows a more diverse gaming experience,

i feel like wg have overbuffed some tanks and over-nerfed some tanks.

for example, the maus now has the same dispersion, aim time, and WORSE on movement dispersion than the e100 with the 150

the maus outrageous wr bar was bc of its hp pool combined with its trollish armour profile 

nerfing the hp pools is in a step in the right direction, as i personally had always felt the heavy hp buffs were unnessarary.

However, nerfing the gun was not

it has poor pen, dpm and handling stats, and butchering wont help the maus's performance significantly in pubs.

also the 215b/e5 nerfs. introducing super consumables were already not a smart move, and wg could easily balance the e5 simply by implementing the removal of special consubables 

BUT NO

lets butcher its dpm!

also rip the 215b bc of  its "over-performance" by unicums ace chasing

now to the overbuffs- the patton and the m60 now has essentially a leo one gun

as if the leo wasnt situational enough

Spoiler

Edited by KommandantSEEN_2014, 18 August 2021 - 06:30 PM.

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

_YukariAkiyamaBestWaifu #2 Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:26 PM

Floof Fanatic

• Players
  • 27376 battles
  • [HATED]

wg: yoh is fine

also wg; beats the **** out of the 215b

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

acrisis #3 Posted 18 August 2021 - 07:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21965 battles
  • [III-C]
... why would you not post that in the official balancing thread ... 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

_Crusader6_ #4 Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:08 PM

Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

• Players
  • 80247 battles
  • [III]

1) Super Unicums still over performing in the 215b today…

2) The M60/M48 gun isn’t close to the Leo 1’s in either DPM or dispersion, the Leo 1

lost out more to the 60kph 4202 HESH machine.  
3) Maus needed exactly what it got. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

boris55555 #5 Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:17 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 36663 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postacrisis, on 18 August 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

... why would you not post that in the official balancing thread ... 

because it doesn’t matter about some official thread as wg doesn’t listen anyway. Otherwise we wouldn’t be dealing w the crazy heavy Hp issues…but just for you…I’ll copy end post there too. 

TIME TO BRING THE FORUM LINK BACK INTO THE GAME

If WG would permanently take away all of my temporary avatars, I would consider that a gift.” BAR_001

j_rod #6 Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:45 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34992 battles
  • [III-C]
I’m going to have to agree with Boris on this one.

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

boris55555 #7 Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:52 PM

• Players
  • 36663 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postj_rod, on 18 August 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

I’m going to have to agree with Boris on this one.

gotta sting

If WG would permanently take away all of my temporary avatars, I would consider that a gift.” BAR_001

acrisis #8 Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21965 battles
  • [III-C]

Fair enough. I’m just deeply entrenched in some other forums where people go out of their way NOT to start new threads for anything and everything … and here people want WG to listen … but continuing to create new threads = 100% just talk among yourselves, never seen, never heard, … versus at least posting somewhere where it will get looked at. 

But by all means … create extra threads and ignore the ones where Ribble asks for feedback!!! 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

j_rod #9 Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:57 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34992 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 18 August 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

Fair enough. I’m just deeply entrenched in some other forums where people go out of their way NOT to start new threads for anything and everything … and here people want WG to listen … but continuing to create new threads = 100% just talk among yourselves, never seen, never heard, … versus at least posting somewhere where it will get looked at. 

But by all means … create extra threads and ignore the ones where Ribble asks for feedback!!! 

I think Ribble listens and is an advocate for us. I also think he’s probably very selective in the battles he fights. 

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem

LazerDad #10 Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:40 PM

Captain Salty

• Players
  • 21904 battles
  • [802VT]

View Postj_rod, on 18 August 2021 - 05:57 PM, said:

I think Ribble listens and is an advocate for us. I also think he’s probably very selective in the battles he fights. 

If he wasn't he would have to start wearing a REALLY big tinfoil hat.

j_rod #11 Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:50 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34992 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostSchantzy, on 18 August 2021 - 05:40 PM, said:

If he wasn't he would have to start wearing a REALLY big tinfoil hat.

Well secretly we (The Society) send him the names of all the people we don’t like and he hits a button to give them bad MM.

/s - bc sadly there are some that would actually believe that

boris55555 #12 Posted 19 August 2021 - 01:05 AM

• Players
  • 36663 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postacrisis, on 18 August 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

I’ll make you a deal. They put a forum link back in game and/or really step up there presence here and I’ll come over to your side on organization of threads and a belief that our blather does anything. I’m honorable. If they really step it up…I’ll get in line.

“my thread”, the people’s thread is of course the antithesis of this…but outside of that space I will comply if wg…steps it up or puts this place back in game. As my current tag line indicates: I’ll give the devil their due. 

rosgrim #13 Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 112866 battles
  • [COD]

View Postj_rod, on 18 August 2021 - 10:57 PM, said:

I don't think he can influence the balancing decisions or any other relevant stuff.

On contrary he (and it is right like that because he is a WOTB employee) defends those that WOTB implement.

He is the same one that replied to me that the Heavy Tanks HP buff wouldn't effect the meta and that on contrary even Med tanks would get advantage "doing more damage".......!!!!!!

Apparently WOTB is starting to nerf back heavies HP....and the Med tanks oblivion is clearly showed month after month by their own balance charts

Edited by rosgrim, 19 August 2021 - 03:23 AM.

_Zakalwe_ #14 Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31514 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 August 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

1) Super Unicums still over performing in the 215b today…

I thought super-unicums (65%+) were specifically excluded from WG's balancing charts and therefore the decision process on buffs and nerfs.

j_rod #15 Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:32 AM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34992 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postrosgrim, on 18 August 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

I don't think he can influence the balancing decisions or any other relevant stuff.

On contrary he (and it is right like that because he is a WOTB employee) defends those that WOTB implement.

He is the same one that replied to me that the Heavy Tanks HP buff wouldn't effect the meta and that on contrary even Med tanks would get advantage "doing more damage".......!!!!!!

Apparently WOTB is starting to nerf back heavies HP....and the Med tanks oblivion is clearly showed month after month by their own balance charts

This is pure speculation, but I think that he definitely pushes on some of the bigger issues that have been rectified and is a voice for us internally. That said, he also has a job to do and like the communications director for any major company, his job is to communicate out the decisions regardless whether or not he agrees with them. 

I was reading up on the WoWs debacle and one of the key takeaways from that issue that the CCs mentioned was that they didn’t blame most of the individuals in WG, but rather the decisions at the upper level. I’d posit that it’s the same for Blitz. 

_Dtankshooter #16 Posted 19 August 2021 - 09:18 AM

Dtankshooter the ATGM spammer

• Players
  • 17731 battles
  • [CEASE]

View PostKommandantSEEN_2014, on 19 August 2021 - 04:24 AM, said:

personally, I think some of the buffs & nerfs to the tanks are not justified

although getting off the very dominant heavy meta is a good thing and allows a more diverse gaming experience,

i feel like wg have overbuffed some tanks and over-nerfed some tanks.

for example, the maus now has the same dispersion, aim time, and WORSE on movement dispersion than the e100 with the 150

the maus outrageous wr bar was bc of its hp pool combined with its trollish armour profile 

nerfing the hp pools is in a step in the right direction, as i personally had always felt the heavy hp buffs were unnessarary.

However, nerfing the gun was not

it has poor pen, dpm and handling stats, and butchering wont help the maus's performance significantly in pubs.

also the 215b/e5 nerfs. introducing super consumables were already not a smart move, and wg could easily balance the e5 simply by implementing the removal of special consubables 

BUT NO

lets butcher its dpm!

also rip the 215b bc of  its "over-performance" by unicums ace chasing

now to the overbuffs- the patton and the m60 now has essentially a leo one gun

as if the leo wasnt situational enough

Spoiler

you mean i did 6k damage in sheridan and i couldve done 9k or even the sheridan record but my team ruined it?

WoTB Forever..............
R.I.P ATGMs

wrecker1968 #17 Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:53 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]
WG did some tweaking with the RNG. Shhhh.  Don't say anything.

_Crusader6_ #18 Posted 19 August 2021 - 01:18 PM

• Players
  • 80247 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Zakalwe_, on 18 August 2021 - 11:21 PM, said:

I thought super-unicums (65%+) were specifically excluded from WG's balancing charts and therefore the decision process on buffs and nerfs.

They are.  But my point was that many buffs and nerf’s haven’t been solely based on WG’s published balance charts.  
   The 215b if left with its pre 8.2 stats would be a meta tank.   I mean people like to rage about how it needed a buff before 8.2 but frankly it was still an excellent tank that required skill and understanding to play well.  

Let’s face it the 2.7+ med nerfs never would have occurred from strict balancing charts - they occurred due to Twister 7 v 7 Obj 140 battles — the same reasoning went into the T49 nerf, it wasn’t over performing in balance charts - but it was being used to dramatic effect by SU’s and this was nerfed.  

I need more tanks...

Gavidoc01 #19 Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:04 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 54724 battles
  • [III]

View Postacrisis, on 18 August 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

When my wife asks for my feedback on how she looks, sometimes she really doesn't want feedback even though she asks for it.

To those who lose

Winrate is meaningless.

_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:39 PM

• Players
  • 80247 battles
  • [III]

View PostGavidoc01, on 19 August 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

When my wife asks for my feedback on how she looks, sometimes she really doesn't want feedback even though she asks for it.

The answer is a derivative of “You look great honey” anything else is at grave risk. 

I need more tanks...

Also tagged with 8.2, update

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users