Event: The Old Guard

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 380 battles
  • [-LEG-]

Let's recall how it all started. Your first precise shots, the joy of the first victory, the bitter sting of the first defeat, and your first well-deserved rewards. And now here's some real nostalgia...

The legendary MS-1 is back in action! And it's ready to fight under your command. Participate in the event The Old Guard, win, and add this legend of tank-building and other prizes to your collection!

Full news text

Zuke76 #2 Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:58 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 19416 battles
  • [FL-TH]
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:41 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 13501 battles
  • [UWU_]

Ladies and gentlemen,

We have been saved.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

wrecker1968 #4 Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:53 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I'm curious to see what this gun on the poodle is going to be like. I could be wrong but it doesn't look that bad at all.

_Crusader6_ #5 Posted 26 August 2021 - 01:51 AM

Please don’t go to town.

• Players
  • 78326 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postwrecker1968, on 25 August 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

I'm curious to see what this gun on the poodle is going to be like. I could be wrong but it doesn't look that bad at all.

The lack of armor is the issue.  
   When you look at the B Panther versus the Puddle, it’s less appealing. 

As for the MS-1, I’ll get it back but as I’m 100% in it already (4-0 ;) ) with a RAS Ace I won’t play it ever again. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 463 tanks in Garage:  480/480 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

wrecker1968 #6 Posted 26 August 2021 - 02:13 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 26 August 2021 - 01:51 AM, said:

The lack of armor is the issue.  
   When you look at the B Panther versus the Puddle, it’s less appealing. 

As for the MS-1, I’ll get it back but as I’m 100% in it already (4-0 ;) ) with a RAS Ace I won’t play it ever again. 

Well, the way I'm looking at it... It's free... It's a premium so it will help build credits.... And I did not see anything that said you have to use a tier 5 or above for the wins. (I could be wrong)              Seems like a easy event to grab 2 tanks.

:ohmy:Bonus: how often do I say something nice about WG events.

thenerfdude #7 Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:22 PM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 37878 battles
  • [_AUS_]
Im going to have aces for both my MS-1's 

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Download my coloured map mod!

wrecker1968 #8 Posted 26 August 2021 - 04:35 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

Hey ribble, I have a question for you about this event. There is 10 stages and I have to win 5 battles A-day To complete the stage. Right?

But it seems like there is only 9 actual days to to finish the event. The event ends on September 4th before it resets for that day.

Am I missing something? Can you please explain.        Thanks.

Edit: But the timer seems correct. 9 days 19 hours as of right now. I'm confused but as long as the timer is the thing to go by that's all that matters. Sorry to waste your time.

Edited by wrecker1968, 26 August 2021 - 05:49 PM.

acrisis #9 Posted 31 August 2021 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21601 battles
  • [III-C]

Win a few battles, eh ... 
That's like mission impossible with some sessions where you are lucky to win 1 and lose 6.

I am not sure that I like mixing up the Models in the event with two other kinds. The interface was confusing, so initially when I got these things, I clicked through I clicked on the green use button ... wasting a good number of them, because that's what is lit up ... and I never dealt with that up arrow before. So now I have three different models in three different colors and none that are the final version. Seems to me like maybe it should have just been the MS1, because it is the MS1 event. 

Also, despite probably 75 containers. No MS1 camo. I have no idea what the criteria are for winning more containers. Once in a while I see I have a few in storage. 

Then one looks in the store ... oh you can buy containers to win the camo, that are 33% models ( do not want ) and boosters ... with a 1% drop chance. 

I think all in all it was a good event, just need wins, decent time frame, I like the fact that it is not a must hit this quota every day thing, and you can try to make up for it later. That certainly gets a thumbs up to leave it open to get more wins later. 

Also a Plus for the certificates that are valid for 21 days. Too many times we get a certificate that we have to use within an hour or maybe a day and it just burns up unused. 

Not good, the clutter with the other models, and then gambling for the camo. I'd trade all the models I have as a currency towards the camo or the background. 

Edited by acrisis, 31 August 2021 - 03:59 PM.

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

Tankamungous #10 Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 61141 battles
  • [UN10N]

View Postacrisis, on 31 August 2021 - 07:21 AM, said:

Win a few battles, eh ... 
That's like mission impossible with some sessions where you are lucky to win 1 and lose 6.

I am not sure that I like mixing up the Models in the event with two other kinds. The interface was confusing, so initially when I got these things, I clicked through I clicked on the green use button ... wasting a good number of them, because that's what is lit up ... and I never dealt with that up arrow before. So now I have three different models in three different colors and none that are the final version. Seems to me like maybe it should have just been the MS1, because it is the MS1 event. 

Also, despite probably 75 containers. No MS1 camo. I have no idea what the criteria are for winning more containers. Once in a while I see I have a few in storage. 

Then one looks in the store ... oh you can buy containers to win the camo, that are 33% models ( do not want ) and boosters ... with a 1% drop chance. 

I think all in all it was a good event, just need wins, decent time frame, I like the fact that it is not a must hit this quota every day thing, and you can try to make up for it later. That certainly gets a thumbs up to leave it open to get more wins later. 

Also a Plus for the certificates that are valid for 21 days. Too many times we get a certificate that we have to use within an hour or maybe a day and it just burns up unused. 

Not good, the clutter with the other models, and then gambling for the camo. I'd trade all the models I have as a currency towards the camo or the background. 

Do you know how to get the MS-1 background?

Tankamungous #11 Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 61141 battles
  • [UN10N]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 25 August 2021 - 04:46 AM, said:

Let's recall how it all started. Your first precise shots, the joy of the first victory, the bitter sting of the first defeat, and your first well-deserved rewards. And now here's some real nostalgia...

The legendary MS-1 is back in action! And it's ready to fight under your command. Participate in the event The Old Guard, win, and add this legend of tank-building and other prizes to your collection!

Full news text

Hey Ribble,

How do you get the MS-1 profile background??

acrisis #12 Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21601 battles
  • [III-C]
Got another three containers (three free per day), still no background, don't know how to get it (not in faq or article)
Still missing MS-1 models ...
Really wish the model trade up thing was not clouded with the other two vehicles. 

BE     (+)   

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

acrisis #13 Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21601 battles
  • [III-C]

The game is not handing out the free log-on containers for the final few days?

Yesterday it said I completed the event, after receiving the tier X certificate.

But I have:

- no camouflage

- no background ( still don't know how ) 

- 9 sorts of partial things in storage for three models that all say I need two more, one more, ...

So, from the players' perspective, I would not call this complete. 

One would expect the game to still hand out a few daily containers to at least clean up the certificate mess. 

NVM.

3 of them showed up ... must be timing. 

PS: ... still curious on the background ... 

Edited by acrisis, 02 September 2021 - 03:06 PM.

BE     (+)   

acrisis #14 Posted 05 September 2021 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21601 battles
  • [III-C]
Looks like the event is over.
No epic MS1, no background.
Came up short on parts for the MS1, because too many parts were given out for vehicles unrelated to the MS1.

Also the USE button for these things should have been EXCHANGE, imo. Lost the initial couple sets because of the new store UI and the big green USE button, while it was unclear that one needed the arrow on the right. 

Without the other tier 1 certs being awarded more than the MS1 ones, completion would have not been an issue.  Now stuck with 7 incomplete things taking up space. Probably no way to complete ... because when will there be another MS1 event for a few of these little things?  

BE     (+)   

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users