TT Premiums to be removed from store in 8.3. Are any of them worth buying beforehand?

TT Premiums Premium Tech tree premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ruffseas #1 Posted 28 August 2021 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]

Hey folks,

Latest news is the tech tree premium tanks are going to be removed from the store. Is there one or two that I should grab before they are gone? Lowe? Jag? Su?

Thanks for helping me decide.

Bring back the ingame forum link!

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”Robert Wilensky

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:01 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18021 battles
  • [K9]

It might be better just to wait for them to go on sale in the store later. 

But if you can't wait then get the Jagdtiger 8.8. Its a beast. 

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

EL_Din_46 #3 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:09 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 18200 battles
  • [MOD3]
They are currently priced too high. WG is charging around 7,500 gold when you buy them through the tech tree but have had special offers in the 5-6k range. If they keep to the same pattern they will eventually show up at a more reasonable price. 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Handsome_Squidward_ #4 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 980 battles
  • [PRD]

I haven't bought a single TT premium tank at regular price.  I'd just wait.  They cycle offers quite often in the store and they're almost always cheaper on there.

View PostVantablack12, on 28 August 2021 - 08:01 AM, said:

It might be better just to wait for them to go on sale in the store later. 

But if you can't wait then get the Jagdtiger 8.8. Its a beast. 

And even the JgTg 8.8 is on special on the Switch for 5500 right now.

—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

WoT PC Defector

BAR_001 #5 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:23 PM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 36775 battles
  • [HAHA]
T34 and JgTig 8,8 are my favorite TT premiums. There was a time when the IS-6 was great, now its just meh.
The hardest part of Blitz to overcome is the greens

pilotharrison #6 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:37 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 14432 battles
  • [SR-71]

I have most of the TT premiums, here are my thoughts on the ones I own: 

German: 

- I have the Jagdtiger 8,8 Snowstorm (the 2015 reskin) of the regular JgTig 8,8 and I like it... 

- Lowe is a pretty good tank that I like too, but it's not for everyone, and it's fallen a bit short of other T8 prems nowadays... 

- Panther M/10 is lol bad 

- Dicker Max is not bad for a TD, it's got a decent balance between ROF and DPS. A better Nashorn imo. 

USSR: 

- IS-6 used to be OP, not as much anymore. Back in 2015 it was the impenetrable tank, the Obj 252U of yesterday. 

- SU-122-44, I have it, don't play mine much cause I'm not a TD player. 

- SU-100Y, same I have it, don't play it much. Big derpy gun, but you're also a massive box and target. 

- Churchill III, one of my favourite T5 tanks. It lacks speed but is one of those British high DPM, high ROF, low DPS tanks. 3.21 sec reload is super fun on this thing. 

UK: 

- AT 15A, again, high ROF, low DPS. Pretty fun, if you can get into a good spot to farm. You're pretty penetrable from the front with prammo and regular T8 ammo on a lot of tanks. 

- TOG II*, a meme. I believe everyone should get one for the memes. 

- Matilda BP, high ROF, low DPS tank. 1900 dpm in tier 5! But the turret front is flat, and therefore pretty penetrable unlike the TT Matilda. 

- Excelsior, another one of my favourite T5 tanks. It used to be stronger, but it's pretty impenetrable from the front too. I use it to bully and push hard, especially if I'm top tier. 

USA: 

- T34: Good hull down tank, similar playstyle to the T29/T32 except it makes credits. I like it, but it sometimes goes on sale on shop. The Independence reskin was sold in shop last month for Fourth of July. 

- T26E4: don't bother, it's kinda bad. 

- M6A2E1: Front armour is key. Facehug with this tank and it'll get you places. Also great gun depression at -10 deg. 

- T14: Similar to Excelsior, pretty strong front but you also have side skirts that are pretty trollish. 

France: 

- FCM 50t: A bit of a meme, it's a big bulky medium tank with pretty light armour as with most French tanks. That said ramming with that thing works at times, since you're 54 tons. That's more than an IS-3!

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

ruffseas #7 Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]

Thanks everyone for all of your advice! Think I'll hold onto my gold unless there's a last minute sale and grab the Lowe and Jag 8.8.

They are both a little above my pay grade as a player, but I'm hopin to get there.

Edited by ruffseas, 28 August 2021 - 09:53 PM.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”Robert Wilensky

Immel_man #8 Posted 29 August 2021 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 81320 battles
  • [YODA_]
There are two types of blitzers, those that have a dicker, and those that don’t. Do yourself a favor and grab yourself a dicker, you won’t regret it.

ruffseas #9 Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]

View PostImmel_man, on 29 August 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

There are two types of blitzers, those that have a dicker, and those that don’t. Do yourself a favor and grab yourself a dicker, you won’t regret it.

I am one of the fortunate one's that have two... Dickers that is. Max is one of the few that will remain in the store, must be popular.

PaperPlatoonCommander #10 Posted 29 August 2021 - 10:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17433 battles
  • [47PNZ]
Jag 8,8 is great.
It’s not the size of the tank in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the tank. Unless yours is bigger than mine.

generalhonks #11 Posted 29 August 2021 - 10:37 PM

87 battles to 10k ;)

• Players
  • 9917 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Let’s be honest: no one really bought premium tanks straight from the tech tree. If we wanted one, we always bought it when it was on sale.

No I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the ****ing obvious!

ruffseas #12 Posted 29 August 2021 - 10:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]
General, sure I always wait for a sale, but these are being removed, so I wanted to see if any were a must have. Consensus is they are too expensive, wait till they re-appear in the store at a better price. That being said, if they do a flash sale just before removal I am going to grab the J8.8 and Lowe.

minitel_NA #13 Posted 30 August 2021 - 12:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Most TT premiums haven’t received any love in a long time.

some are fun to play, some are still winning games...

but overall they are almost all old, obsolete, and overpriced. 

which is why they are being removed I think. Clean up. Modernize. 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

_Crusader6_ #14 Posted 30 August 2021 - 01:17 PM

Please don’t go to town.

• Players
  • 78769 battles
  • [III]

View Postminitel_NA, on 29 August 2021 - 07:48 PM, said:

Most TT premiums haven’t received any love in a long time.

some are fun to play, some are still winning games...

but overall they are almost all old, obsolete, and overpriced. 

which is why they are being removed I think. Clean up. Modernize. 

Agreed.  
  Maybe we will see a buff to the Panther M10 after this. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 464 tanks in Garage:  482/482 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #15 Posted 30 August 2021 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21880 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 29 August 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

Let’s be honest: no one really bought premium tanks straight from the tech tree. If we wanted one, we always bought it when it was on sale.

… except in the early days, when that was pretty much it and there was a new low to mid tier tank for sale for a few days to maybe a week, every two weeks. 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

minitel_NA #16 Posted 30 August 2021 - 05:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

In early days that system made a lot of sense. 
then came events. But event tanks were a once in a lifetime.

then came Black Fridays and Christmas and anniversary and other sales days.

then came weekly offers.

then came 24h expiration random offers.

then came gamble boxes.

and now every canal imaginable is saturated. Who even buys or plays a panther M10 ?

in the meantime premium tanks, which were most of them semi nerfed alternatives to the tech tree, which almost no one owned due to the cost (Panther M10 was $15, IS6 $20+) and that you were almost forced to play to stay credits positive, became on average half a tier above their counterparts, that anyone can get a dozen a year without spending money, and that you play mostly to statpad.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Handsome_Squidward_ #17 Posted 30 August 2021 - 06:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 980 battles
  • [PRD]

View Postminitel_NA, on 30 August 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

Who even buys or plays a panther M10 ?

The guy who snuck up behind me and shot my T29 in the butt blowing it up LOL

—Formerly “virus_SHAME”

WoT PC Defector

9696Mattman #18 Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28475 battles
  • [FORD1]
Lately I’ve been gaining tanks through the Huge crate - SU100y, Dicker, etc.

dport02 #19 Posted 31 August 2021 - 01:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35239 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View PostImmel_man, on 29 August 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

Indeed. If one is missing the Dicker, it is comparable to missing an important part of the human body, which provides much pleasure, the mouth. Everyone must have a dicker

RNG is rigged !

pilotharrison #20 Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:55 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 14432 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Postruffseas, on 28 August 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for all of your advice! Think I'll hold onto my gold unless there's a last minute sale and grab the Lowe and Jag 8.8.

They are both a little above my pay grade as a player, but I'm hopin to get there.

Jag 8,8 is on sale in stores in a bundle which seems like a decent deal. 

5500 gold for the JgTig 8,8, all 9 equipment slot filled, 25 x5s, 2 collect-em-all crates, 30d prem, 500k credits, camo, bunch of boosters. 

30 days premium on its own is 2000 gold, so 3500 gold for the JgTig 8,8 is not bad imo. I bought the bundle too even though I already own the JagdTiger 8,8cm Snowstorm reskin with the exact same stats... 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users