HELP

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Mooseworks8 #1 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 11577 battles
  • [PT2K]

Guy's I'm pulling my hair out. My WR has dropped down to the 49% range and started digging. Gave up my clan membership cause of it. Can't maintain the requisite WR anymore. I'm not going to blame the MM. I'm not going to blame my teammates. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong lately. Started this summer and has gotten worse. Feel like I've wasted a lot of money playing Blitz and nowadays just having lousy frustrating games and getting headaches from losing all the time. Yesterdays WR was 31.25% of 48 games played. Today was 40.63 of 64 games played. Even went back down to tier 4 and no luck there either. Scored good but got mopped up quickly and efficiently.  Near the end of July I suffered through an 11 day losing streak before finally having a winning day. 

What have any of you, whom have experienced similar done to fix this and begin clawing back up to 50% WR?

My career stats are as of today:

49.95% WR

9,102 Battles

Thank you for any helpful suggestions, other than delete and uninstall. No thanks. 

Gojira1150 #2 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4585 battles
  • [_SOS_]

View PostMooseworks8, on 06 September 2021 - 08:25 PM, said:

Guy's I'm pulling my hair out. My WR has dropped down to the 49% range and started digging. Gave up my clan membership cause of it. Can't maintain the requisite WR anymore. I'm not going to blame the MM. I'm not going to blame my teammates. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong lately. Started this summer and has gotten worse. Feel like I've wasted a lot of money playing Blitz and nowadays just having lousy frustrating games and getting headaches from losing all the time. Yesterdays WR was 31.25% of 48 games played. Today was 40.63 of 64 games played. Even went back down to tier 4 and no luck there either. Scored good but got mopped up quickly and efficiently.  Near the end of July I suffered through an 11 day losing streak before finally having a winning day. 

What have any of you, whom have experienced similar done to fix this and begin clawing back up to 50% WR?

49.95% WR

9,102 Battles

Thank you for any helpful suggestions, other than delete and uninstall. No thanks. 

Maybe share a few replays so we can see how you are playing?

Also, congrats on not blaming your teams or MM but owning up to it, I got a bit worried at first that you'd forgotten to turn off caps lock from the title and tag of this post

Blitzstars

I use They/Them or It/Its pronouns

Gavidoc01 #3 Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:18 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 56639 battles
  • [III]

You are on a massive tilt. 

first you need to step away for a couple of days. For me, I don’t play on Sat or Sunday. Every week Sat and Sun are non blitz days. Then when you come back you need to stop with the massive gaming sessions. For me, anything over 25 games and I begin to see a significant decrease in play. 

To those who lose

Winrate is meaningless.

THERebrth #4 Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:24 AM

Passive-aggresive but more passive

• Players
  • 14995 battles
  • [-NV]

i made a post about something like this just now actually. If you get 2 absolute crappers, stop, try and a different tank and if it goes well keep going, if not just stop and wait a couple of hours. Rinse and repeat.

In terms of gaming tips. The one in general i think can be applied because im not sure what you are doing in game is to be really, really patient. Get into a good position and wait for the enemy to make the mistakes. Never ever push first until you are absolutely 100% sure you can take it on. I find good positions in general are ones that have hard cover, big ground undulations, and a bush. any mix of the 2 will work. If you can get into a nice aggresive position early on and take the first shot. It will usually help scare the enemy team away, and letting you be the aggresor. if you happen to miss, try and bait shots. But only bait shots if you have a shell in the barrel. Cos if you end up taking a hit without sending one back at em, itll be a bad trade. Then just do this in a cycle

Edited by THERebrth, 07 September 2021 - 03:30 AM.

Raging Dumbo

j_rod #5 Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:28 AM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 35842 battles
  • [III-C]

Agree with both Gojira and with Gav. Kudos for recognizing that you are responsible for your winning/losing and taking steps to improve. I promise you with that mindset you’ll fare better than most. 

First things first, you’re playing higher tiers than what you have historically done and this can be challenging. For one, there tend to be more, better players at the upper tiers and secondly, you may not be as familiar with the various tanks you’re playing and that you come across. You’re also playing a ton of different tanks daily and while I do the same, it can be hard to focus on a tank’s attributes when you do that. 

All that to say, before any of us give any advice, I agree that a couple replays would help. If you’d be willing to post them, there are several of us that would be happy to take a look and give you some initial advice. After that, I’d be willing to platoon with you a few games to maybe show you a few pointers. 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

Mika_Jatkosota_Senshado #6 Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7173 battles
  • [NORTH]

Hello OP! First of all, sorry for my wordy response since English is not my first language. Thank you for your understanding!

I was a 45%er when I had 3000 battles and I'm currently a 50%er with approximately 5500 battles. My 30-day WR is climbing steadily towards 60%, although I suffered a lot from a series of losing streaks last week ---- I got a blue WN8 on my Tiger II, with a WR of 44% over 100+ battles. And now I've managed to get through it. So hopefully my advice will help you!

1) Try to stay in your comfort zone for a while. When I realized that my skill was insufficient for tier 8 battles and above, I went back to tier 6 and started my "reroll" with VK3601H and ARL44. I learned maps and positions, practiced them in training rooms, watched replays from good players and videos about different tanks,  read articles on the forum and other resources. After all the hard work and nearly 1000 battles in tier 6, I got a 65%+WR on VK3601H and a 60%+WR on ARL44. Then I started doing something different. I've ground several lines in Mad, Gravity, Reality, Burning games. It doesn't affect anyone's stats, and I can learn the pros and cons of so many vehicles (especially the ones in high tiers) while gaining new insights into the maps. As a result, I grow a lot in my comfort zone.

I've checked your stats on blitzstars. It seems that you perform better in tier 5-7 heavies. So why not go back to lower tiers and focus on playing the tanks that you are most comfortable with? 

2) When getting out of your comfort zone, set goals for each tank you play. For example, when I decided to go up to tier 7 and tier 8 after I reached 60%+WR on tier 6, I set my goal on Tiger I and Tiger II (cuz they are a part of the E100 line, which is good for practicing the basics of heavies) ---- 50%+WR and a blue WN8. Focus on 1 or 2 tanks each time. Learn their characteristics. Watch videos. Platoon with friends who are good at these tanks. And when you reach your goal, switch to another tank, set goals, learn about it, hit your goal and repeat. Believe me, you will benefit a lot from it.

3) Don't play too much every day and if a losing streak happens, stop playing and get something to do in real life. After losing streaks last week, I decided that if I lose 3 battles in a row, no matter my fault or not, I should immediately quit the game, get a drink and calm myself down. Sometimes you feel difficulty controlling your mind after continuous losses, and this leads you to unwise decisions and emotional reactions, and eventually more losses. Now I only do a few battles each day and if I lose 3 battles in a row, I just quit and get a cup of coffee.

Remember as always, it's just a game. Just like what Bushka always says, Stay Happy, Stay Healthy.

Good luck and Panzer Vor!

___ImUrHuckleberry #7 Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:28 AM

I need ammunition, not a ride.

• Players
  • 17745 battles

View PostMooseworks8, on 06 September 2021 - 06:25 PM, said:

49.95% WR

9,102 Battles

I would highly suggest to A) drive tanks that aren't so team dependent such as paper/slow TDs, and B) Not go too high a tier until you get the basics down. Your stats can be accessed through a third party website called Blitzstars. Input your IGN on the search bar, and your page should show up: https://www.blitzsta...com/Mooseworks8

You have quite a few things to work on, but you should focus on small chunks at a time to not overwhelm yourself.  A) Stay away from TDs in general until you feel comfortable in them, B) definitely stick to mid-tiers as opposed to tier X, and C) work on not dying!

Survival rate is locked in with win rate. Usually, survival rate hovers around 10% lower than your winrate. So if you're surviving 20-30% of the time, you're likely losing a lot and/or getting carried by allies. Don't over-commit/extend, stay with the pack for the most part, and always have hard and soft cover around you. There's a lot more, but that's plenty for you to work on. Oh, and one last thing: Forget about stats unless you're crunching the numbers on blitzstars, and if you lose 3 in a row, and feel that eye twitch coming, just put the game away. You can always come back after a jog, or errand.

whatzup22 #8 Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3815 battles
Another tip: improving isnt immidiate. Dont think reading this thread will suddenly putyour win rate to 60. Improving is a slow process and take (for me) months and even years. Disclipine and perseverance is key.

MRIGGS2345 #9 Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15693 battles
  • [OLD_G]
All good tips above, only thing I'd add is be cognizant of the mini-map and what is going on with both teams.  Use that information regularly to determine what course of action you can take to give yourself the best chance of a win or at least retreat/re-group and get as much damage as possible before the match is over.  To me using this information wisely and also having patience are your biggest assets and both are things that take time to put into practice.

acrisis #10 Posted 07 September 2021 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22192 battles
  • [III-C]

Lots of good points have been made. 

Less is more.

I cannot imagine playing 50 60 70 battles a day ... especially not while losing more than winning. It is one thing if it would be breaking even or a win streak, but when the losses pile up ... just cut your losses and wait half a day or till the next day.  When you go 5 6 7 battles without a win. It is just not worth it, you won't be relaxed, you won't play well, you won't have fun because you'll still be at a deficit for the session or the day. 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

j_rod #11 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:01 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 35842 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 07 September 2021 - 07:37 AM, said:

Lots of good points have been made. 

Less is more.

I cannot imagine playing 50 60 70 battles a day ... especially not while losing more than winning. It is one thing if it would be breaking even or a win streak, but when the losses pile up ... just cut your losses and wait half a day or till the next day.  When you go 5 6 7 battles without a win. It is just not worth it, you won't be relaxed, you won't play well, you won't have fun because you'll still be at a deficit for the session or the day. 

To Acrisis' point above, often times less is more if you're focused on winrate, stats, etc. So that point OP, possibly consider playing more Ratings battles to continue to refine your game. You may lose as much (or more) as pub games, but who cares? The rankings reset every month or two so it doesn't really matter. Use Ratings to work on various things in an environment where your total stats won't be affected. 

Also, I didn't see it in any of the posts above, but if you're playing tanks that aren't fully equipped (modules, equipment, crew, consumables), then you're playing at a disadvantage. 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

Lmsd123 #12 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50409 battles
  • [JFGF]
Your playing a lot of games on tilt, in a lot of different tanks.  Play a tank/tier that you do best in.  If you can’t win after a few games, put it down .  Your digging your hole deeper by playing lots of games frustrated while losing. Being obsessed about win rate takes the fun out of the game.

__Calamity #13 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6697 battles
  • [-NV]

View PostMooseworks8, on 06 September 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

49.95% WR

9,102 Battles

Dude. I think that you should stop getting on the wotb discord server because that's the type of response that you'd get from someone who was harassed on it. I would start playing lower tiers and going in to training rooms and practicing yourself.  Player lower tiers etc because t10 is for people with brain damage. start thinking about how the enemy will play against you. Also think about how your team mates will hold up against them

Edited by Droodles_Little_Noodle, 07 September 2021 - 02:21 PM.

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

__Calamity #14 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6697 battles
  • [-NV]

View Postj_rod, on 07 September 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

To Acrisis' point above, often times less is more if you're focused on winrate, stats, etc. So that point OP, possibly consider playing more Ratings battles to continue to refine your game. You may lose as much (or more) as pub games, but who cares? The rankings reset every month or two so it doesn't really matter. Use Ratings to work on various things in an environment where your total stats won't be affected. 

Also, I didn't see it in any of the posts above, but if you're playing tanks that aren't fully equipped (modules, equipment, crew, consumables), then you're playing at a disadvantage. 

I play ratings for the credit multiplier and the camos

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

Gavidoc01 #15 Posted 07 September 2021 - 03:07 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 56639 battles
  • [III]

Way to keep yourself from going on tilt is to follow this.

Spoiler

To those who lose

Winrate is meaningless.

ZebraUp #16 Posted 07 September 2021 - 06:41 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 31132 battles
  • [_UF_]

The good thing is that you only have 9100 battles so repairing your winrate is not a huge deal. 

Pick a strong tank that you do well with in a tier that BlitzStars says you're winning in ( for example 6 or 7) and spam the hell out of it!

Platoon with a strong player as often as you can! 

You'll dig yourself out of the hole relatively quickly. 

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ronin_23 #17 Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:35 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 29367 battles
  • [TENET]
Stressing about it will suck the life out of the game. Avoid that at all costs.

sxuone #18 Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12088 battles
  • [-MEOW]
At that point I'd go on a hiatus. Done them several times, came back swinging almost every time. Sorry to hear about your troubles though; I've had bad streaks, but never one spanning over a week.

Edited by sxuone, 08 September 2021 - 12:02 AM.

__V_O_P__ #19 Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:56 AM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 69281 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostMooseworks8, on 06 September 2021 - 09:25 PM, said:

49.95% WR

9,102 Battles

Moose... irrespective of what people say, teams obviously play a big part in how games go. what people mean by team is that everyone suffers the same teams. however I've said before, teams are a bit like the weather... sometimes the weather is good...sometimes the weather is bad. and the saying about "there's no such thing as bad weather, only poor clothing" applies. when the player base is bad...(battle pass...+ weekend... + school holidays...+crazy event...) those things tend to make battles more chaotic. and when that is the case, you HAVE to pick strongest tanks. you are playing a lot (50%) of battles in TDs. TDs are the weakest class and generally much more limited by your team - they need teams to act like teams and if a team doesn't you'll lose. so they are a bad choice for bad weather. you seem to do ok in mediums around their 7/8...so think of that as your fallback in the event of bad weather. that's where you go. find your feet...figure out how "bad" it is out there...and from there decide if you want to head out into the storm.

Mooseworks8 #20 Posted 08 September 2021 - 03:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 11577 battles
  • [PT2K]
Thank you all for the positive feedback. I've bookmarked this thread and today stuck with tiers 5 to 7. 

Also tagged with HELP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users