What Premium crew trainer to get

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Greyhound_2014 #1 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 96 battles

I’m an old retired player and thinking of coming back to WOT I heading south for the winter and will be playing on an IPad 8. I’m very new to WOTB, I been thinking about the Russian TD line.

Im not interested in playing the high tier games and want to get a few premium tanks for crew training and making a few credits 

It seems like the crews don’t start till like tier 5. Do the lower tier tanks like tier 4 or 5 have crews like the WOT PC does?

What premium tanks are the best for crew training In the Russian TD line?

Any and all help would be great and thanks in advance 

Ookla_the_Mok #2 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:18 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 29007 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Crew is individual to the tank. There is no crew training in one tank that transfers to another such as WOT PC has.

Keep in mind, there are crew skills, but these are accumulated independently and do not apply directly to the actual crew. Sorry if that is confusing, but you'll see it in the game and I could see how it would be confusing to a PC player.

Edit for rewording: You are unable to train crewmembers in a premium tank and then transfer them to any other tank. Each crew remains forever with the tank. I think that is more on point to the differences between the two games.

Edited by Ookla_the_Mok, 14 September 2021 - 09:20 PM.

Secret Lair & Pawn Discord - Now 41% Bad Choices, 38% Creative Solutions, and 21% Chaos.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

Greyhound_2014 #3 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:55 PM

Private

• Players
  • 96 battles

Not being able to transfer crew members between tanks kinda sucks. That kinda makes a premium tank worthless expect for grinding credits. Correct?

If this is so then I’m guessing the German Lowe is still the best credit earner?

ChazWillemJenkins #4 Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:09 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 28843 battles
  • [TENET]

The premium tank, since it doesn't need to grind module XP, can be used to accelerate the grinding of your overall account crew skills. As noted above these skills are shared among all your tanks. There are 4 types, meaning each set of skills can only be ground by a certain class of tank (light, med, heavy, TD). It makes more sense if you open the tab and read through it (or look at youtube for an explanation). But yes. Premiums are really only good for credits.

Lowe is a solid heavy with an accurate gun, but there are loads of great tanks. I'd say quite a few better than the Lowe, but like always player skill matters most. Take a look at the shop (it will probably force you to) when you're ready.

This guy Stubbo on EU wot blitz forums has a long-running thread wherein he analyzes new offers for sale and provides helpful suggestions on which to purchase or avoid. I find his judgment consistently sound. Here is a link http://forum.wotblit...t__2660#topmost

Good luck.

_Crusader6_ #5 Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:36 PM

Please don’t go to town.

• Players
  • 78326 battles
  • [III-P]

Unlike WoT there is no transferring crew - but the crew aren’t nearly as awful to upgrade.  So it’s easier, and no specific positions.
crew is crew and they are all 50% or X, you don’t need to upgrade a Commander, and a gunner, and a loader and a driver and a radioman and…

Unlike WT you don’t need a fortune of money or games to raise the crew levels - and you can get to 75% with just credits.  

Also Blitz has all sort of ways to bring free skills without playing a regular battle if you want. 
 *depending on tier.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 463 tanks in Garage:  480/480 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #6 Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21604 battles
  • [III-C]

First and foremost, let's make one thing clear: 

There are no individual crew members or people to train up and move around.
You have basically 1 universal crew and their skill levels from 0-7 for all the various crew skills.  

Each tank starts with a base crew level of 50% for that tank, that you can upgrade to 75% for credits ( must do ) and 100% with some amount of gold. No worries in low tiers. Goes fast enough. Always spend the credits to start with 75%. High tiers, 7 - 8 and up, yes, better to spend the 500 750 1000 gold and not get frustrated with gunners who aim very poorly. 

Crew skills are system wide in game. You train light, medium, heavy and TD in the respective tanks ... by getting battles in and gaining XP.

As soon as your " universal crew " is 100% on an individual tank, it trains the skills and benefits from everything you have gained so far. 

Now we used to do all this from tier 1 up. When WG changed it to tier 5 and up ... I don't think they ever released much detail as to those low tier crews always being 100% and able to train something, or that all just starts at tier 5 now ...  and since most of us are veterans, it is not like we can double check without re-rolling. 

Welcome to WOTB.

PS: If there is one of two things holding me back from playing WOT, it is the darn crew thing.

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

Kiwi_Kebab #7 Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:03 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 10108 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View Postacrisis, on 14 September 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

PS: If there is one of two things holding me back from playing WOT, it is the darn crew thing.

Amen

The WoT PC crews add a level of complexity and power difference I do not enjoy. It's just another thing to grind and think about. I can see the appeal of the feature, but I think it seperates the abilities of veterans and newbies a bit too much. I like how its done in Blitz more. 

My complaint with Blitz crews is that it's a bit underwhelming in comparison. All of the customization comes from consumable usage and equipment. 

OP, premiums are principally for credit grinding and acquiring Elite XP (to convert into either Free XP or Crew XP). You can grind your Crew Skills with a single premium by using it to grind credits/Elite XP, then buying levels towards Crew Skills in the Crew Skills menu (this requires credits and Elite XP to do, or alternatively gold and Elite XP, or even just Elite XP. It explains it well in the menu I mentioned).

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

waga100 #8 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

Up to tier 5 every crew is just 100%, after that it's per tank and then there are universal skills.

The economy is MUCH more forgiving than on PC, xp, credits, premiums, crew, everything. You basically have free reign. 

It's really easy to go wide on all the lines. I've got almost as many tier 10's as I had on Pc in a quarter of the games and I think about 2 grinds have ever taken over 100 battles on any tank.  

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

Droodles_Little_Noodle #9 Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2233 battles
  • [EC-]

View PostGreyhound_2014, on 14 September 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

I’m an old retired player and thinking of coming back to WOT I heading south for the winter and will be playing on an IPad 8. I’m very new to WOTB, I been thinking about the Russian TD line.

Im not interested in playing the high tier games and want to get a few premium tanks for crew training and making a few credits 

It seems like the crews don’t start till like tier 5. Do the lower tier tanks like tier 4 or 5 have crews like the WOT PC does?

What premium tanks are the best for crew training In the Russian TD line?

Any and all help would be great and thanks in advance 

No. When. wee gee removed all of the old tanks... we miss you leltraktor!  But they made all crews free till t6. that means no crew skills work either

Sometimes I want to hang in Europe without the EU...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users