Operation Titan Flare

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • [-LEG-]

Join the scientists from the Titan secret laboratory, get Fortium, and help the researchers uncover the formula for the perfect tank! Along the way, earn resources, camos, themed avatars, and the Titan T24 57 light tank with unique armor.

Full news text

wrecker1968 #2 Posted 01 October 2021 - 02:07 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Hey ribble, what do you think about crusader 6 stepping down? maybe it's time for you to step up and back the people that Help make this forum Enjoyable.

Vantablack12 #3 Posted 02 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18021 battles
  • [K9]

View Postwrecker1968, on 01 October 2021 - 06:07 AM, said:

Hey ribble, what do you think about crusader 6 stepping down? maybe it's time for you to step up and back the people that Help make this forum Enjoyable.

We at least need an explanation or apology from higher up concerning the incident. 

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

__Frostbite #4 Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:32 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 36781 battles
  • [_V_]

I can explain what happened, but I really don't want to get involved in it more than I need to be.

Essentially, a Wargaming employee in the tournament channel on WG's official discord server refused to punish a team for a comment made in a tournament match. The comment was an abbreviation for "kill yourself". Obviously, its something that basically everyone expected punishment for. However, the employee, while condemning the comment, also asked the opposing team to just file a customer support ticket for offensive language. The employee refused to issue tournament punishments, saying that the insult was "slang". In tournaments (specifically Prove Your Skill -qualifying tournaments-), there's explicit rules that prohibit insults and that teams should actually lose their points in the Hall of Fame for a particular season, in addition to possible further consequences to the violator. How anyone could possibly see "KYS" as "slang" and not an insult is beyond me, but that's besides the point here.

When Crusader heard about this, he decided that it was not worth his involvement with the mod team on Discord and the forums, as he was concerned about possible legal action issued against WG because of their failure to take the insult seriously. Despite us not being employees of the company nor being involved in the conversation as it happened in the tournament channel at the time, he said that he wanted no involvement with any WG-associated moderation posts, as he felt it could be possible that he could be dragged into a potential legal mess. At the time of writing this, he has not left the mod team on Discord and I don't know whether he is still a moderator here on the forums. Personally, I don't think I have anything to worry about, although I still think it was an incredibly lazy and/or daft decision to not at least issue tournament penalties. No one takes the customer support seriously because we've been getting the same copied-and-pasted response for over 7 years now, and we hardly ever see action; it was definitely a cop-out to take that route.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vantablack12 #5 Posted 08 October 2021 - 03:57 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18021 battles
  • [K9]

View Post__Frostbite, on 03 October 2021 - 11:32 PM, said:

I can explain what happened, but I really don't want to get involved in it more than I need to be.

Essentially, a Wargaming employee in the tournament channel on WG's official discord server refused to punish a team for a comment made in a tournament match. The comment was an abbreviation for "kill yourself". Obviously, its something that basically everyone expected punishment for. However, the employee, while condemning the comment, also asked the opposing team to just file a customer support ticket for offensive language. The employee refused to issue tournament punishments, saying that the insult was "slang". In tournaments (specifically Prove Your Skill -qualifying tournaments-), there's explicit rules that prohibit insults and that teams should actually lose their points in the Hall of Fame for a particular season, in addition to possible further consequences to the violator. How anyone could possibly see "KYS" as "slang" and not an insult is beyond me, but that's besides the point here.

When Crusader heard about this, he decided that it was not worth his involvement with the mod team on Discord and the forums, as he was concerned about possible legal action issued against WG because of their failure to take the insult seriously. Despite us not being employees of the company nor being involved in the conversation as it happened in the tournament channel at the time, he said that he wanted no involvement with any WG-associated moderation posts, as he felt it could be possible that he could be dragged into a potential legal mess. At the time of writing this, he has not left the mod team on Discord and I don't know whether he is still a moderator here on the forums. Personally, I don't think I have anything to worry about, although I still think it was an incredibly lazy and/or daft decision to not at least issue tournament penalties. No one takes the customer support seriously because we've been getting the same copied-and-pasted response for over 7 years now, and we hardly ever see action; it was definitely a cop-out to take that route.

Sorry I wasted your time. I could have worded my comment better. What I meant was that WG should aknowledge their error, correct their mistake, and apologize.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users