The problem with Blitz

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TnkKillaaa #1 Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 307 battles
The problem with Blitz is that there's just no way to set the level of difficulty. Players have no control over the composition or skill of the teams. It's just not enjoyable playing unless we win most of the time. One way that I can see to overcome this problem is with the use of bots. If players could set the number of bots on the red team from none to four by a slider in settings it would make the game worth spending money on, because we would be able to make it match our skill level, as we can with other games like chess for example. I keep re-rolling because it's the only way I can enjoy playing. I quit when the game becomes too difficult and start again. 

ruffseas #2 Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]

View PostTnkKillaaa, on 22 October 2021 - 05:40 AM, said:

The problem with Blitz is that there's just no way to set the level of difficulty. Players have no control over the composition or skill of the teams. It's just not enjoyable playing unless we win most of the time. One way that I can see to overcome this problem is with the use of bots. If players could set the number of bots on the red team from none to four by a slider in settings it would make the game worth spending money on, because we would be able to make it match our skill level, as we can with other games like chess for example. I keep re-rolling because it's the only way I can enjoy playing. I quit when the game becomes too difficult and start again. 

So you slide the slider to four bots and three people get screwed... two on red and one on green. Your writing style seems familiar, but just in case, matchmaking whines don't get much cheese around here... just sayin.

Bring back the ingame forum link!

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”Robert Wilensky

Frostbaka #3 Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:16 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 41657 battles
  • [_V_]
"the" problem? i find your use of the singular interesting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (FrostedAorta#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TnkKillaaa #4 Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 307 battles

View Postruffseas, on 22 October 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

So you slide the slider to four bots and three people get screwed... two on red and one on green. Your writing style seems familiar, but just in case, matchmaking whines don't get much cheese around here... just sayin.

It's a suggestion for WG not you. But to address your comment, it's no different to what happens now, except that we get to choose. If there are two or three bots on one team there are the same number on the other team. No one gets screwed. You can tell if players are bots because their battle count is zero.

Edited by TnkKillaaa, 22 October 2021 - 02:29 PM.

acrisis #5 Posted 22 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22141 battles
  • [III-C]
Why would I want bots on both teams???

You are effectively making it 6v6 5v5 4v4 3v3 ...
Talk about having a likely even worse time playing WOTB! 

The only time bots make sense, if is you play some kind of arcade challenge mode solo or in platoon versus a whole team of bots ( just like old school games before we had MMO ); or would have a training rooms where you can set out target enemies, with fire on or off for target practice, ( one of my long standing requests ) so you can practice aim, weak spots, recreate a challenging situation you ran into, without need a volunteer or two in training rooms. 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

tedg5 #6 Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:22 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 67518 battles
  • [AGOGO]

If you worked at improving your play you fix your “problem” and win more...

:harp:

bevenh #7 Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3244 battles
  • [HETZ2]
The real problem is lack of fun. If a player rarely wins will he or she stay and play?  Not many players will struggle with the long difficult learning curve of the game and go away?

TnkKillaaa #8 Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 307 battles

View Postacrisis, on 22 October 2021 - 03:58 PM, said:

Why would I want bots on both teams???

If you don't then you set the slider to zero and play against and with all human players. simplez!  :)

View Posttedg5, on 22 October 2021 - 08:22 PM, said:

If you worked at improving your play you fix your “problem” and win more...

:harp:

I know. (but see my reply below). And as you improve you reduce the number of bots. If eventually you get good enough to play against all humans and win most games, you set bots to zero. 

View Postbevenh, on 22 October 2021 - 10:41 PM, said:

The real problem is lack of fun. If a player rarely wins will he or she stay and play?  Not many players will struggle with the long difficult learning curve of the game and go away?

Exactly! You nailed it!   :) :great:  :medal:   :honoring:

(and I'm suggesting a way to overcome that)

generalhonks #9 Posted 24 October 2021 - 01:20 AM

I’m removing the speed limiter!

• Players
  • 10432 battles
  • [HOUSE]
:facepalm:

The best armor is no armor!

#LightTankGangForLife

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 09 November 2021 - 06:51 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 86070 battles
  • [III]

View PostTnkKillaaa, on 22 October 2021 - 07:37 PM, said:

If you don't then you set the slider to zero and play against and with all human players. simplez!  :)

I know. (but see my reply below). And as you improve you reduce the number of bots. If eventually you get good enough to play against all humans and win most games, you set bots to zero. 

Exactly! You nailed it!   :) :great:  :medal:   :honoring:

(and I'm suggesting a way to overcome that)

You missed it...

If the vast majority of folks that wanted to see an game improvement spent time to understand the game mechanics - we wouldn't have threads like this...

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 504 tanks in Garage:  517/519 Played Tanks Aced

376 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Rei_Ayanami #11 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [PIXEL]

View PostTnkKillaaa, on 22 October 2021 - 06:40 AM, said:

Maybe they could make tranning rooms like that. Where you can select the skill difficulty of the bots and just play.  But It wouldn't work as a regular game mode

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

_Rei_Ayanami #12 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [PIXEL]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 09 November 2021 - 11:51 AM, said:

You missed it...

If the vast majority of folks that wanted to see an game improvement spent time to understand the game mechanics - we wouldn't have threads like this...

correction. the wotb discord server wouldn't exist, and the forums would be added back to the game

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

_Rei_Ayanami #13 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [PIXEL]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 09 November 2021 - 11:51 AM, said:

You missed it...

I agree with how if people want to get better then they can spend time learning how to play. But I still think we'd see threads like this because most people can't learn

Edited by Droodles_Little_Noodle, 09 November 2021 - 07:11 PM.

Unicum, Don't Unicum

TnkKillaaa #14 Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 307 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 09 November 2021 - 06:51 PM, said:

You missed it...

But that's never going to happen. ( see below)

View PostDroodles_Little_Noodle, on 09 November 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

I agree with how if people want to get better then they can spend time learning how to play. But I still think we'd see threads like this because most people can't learn

Yes, or they don't have enough interest to put the time in to learn. As bevenh said "Not many players will struggle with the long difficult learning curve of the game". They just won't bother to learn.

SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 09 November 2021 - 11:05 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 35975 battles
  • [III]

The problem with Blitz is that there are other players playing it with you.  Other players bring all sorts of baggage with them.  Some are better and some are worse.  As you improve fewer and fewer will be better and more will be worse.  It's the Overton Window of Gaming.  

Seriously the only way to have fun at this game is to have zero expectations for those that you are playing with.  Once you expect nothing you will find that you are very rarely disappointed.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

_Rei_Ayanami #16 Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [PIXEL]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 09 November 2021 - 04:05 PM, said:

The problem with Blitz is that there are other players playing it with you.  Other players bring all sorts of baggage with them.  Some are better and some are worse.  As you improve fewer and fewer will be better and more will be worse.  It's the Overton Window of Gaming.  

Seriously the only way to have fun at this game is to have zero expectations for those that you are playing with.  Once you expect nothing you will find that you are very rarely disappointed.

Or we could just remove players from the game. Think of it like how thanos snapped his fingers and half the population disappeared. Except for its wargaming using the ban hammer on every single bad player in the game

Unicum, Don't Unicum

SpartacusDiablo #17 Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:54 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 35975 battles
  • [III]

View PostDroodles_Little_Noodle, on 09 November 2021 - 10:21 PM, said:

Or we could just remove players from the game. Think of it like how thanos snapped his fingers and half the population disappeared. Except for its wargaming using the ban hammer on every single bad player in the game

Players pay for the game.  Removing them isn't going to happen.  Besides if you start culling anyone who doesn't meet your requirements you'll just end up with the next group of players falling into the same hole.  You get rid of the bad players and now your average players are the new bad players.  On top of this MM will be screwed and queue times will go through the roof.  It's a free to play, cross platform, multiplayer game.  Players will have to learn how to deal with bad players.

_Rei_Ayanami #18 Posted 11 November 2021 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6286 battles
  • [PIXEL]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 10 November 2021 - 04:54 AM, said:

Players pay for the game.  Removing them isn't going to happen.  Besides if you start culling anyone who doesn't meet your requirements you'll just end up with the next group of players falling into the same hole.  You get rid of the bad players and now your average players are the new bad players.  On top of this MM will be screwed and queue times will go through the roof.  It's a free to play, cross platform, multiplayer game.  Players will have to learn how to deal with bad players.

I was joking, you had said that the problem with blitz is that other people playing it with you. so I responded with, why don't we just remove the people playing with you part

Unicum, Don't Unicum

SpartacusDiablo #19 Posted 21 November 2021 - 02:56 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 35975 battles
  • [III]

View PostDroodles_Little_Noodle, on 11 November 2021 - 10:34 AM, said:

I was joking, you had said that the problem with blitz is that other people playing it with you. so I responded with, why don't we just remove the people playing with you part

My apologies.  Jokes don't translate well through written text.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users