Skill Bug

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

twirlingtowardsfreedom #21 Posted 25 October 2021 - 09:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38202 battles

View Post__Frostbite, on 25 October 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

After looking at it more in depth, it seems like the sound now plays whenever you hit 4 damaging shots in a row, regardless if the skill activates.

They should revert to it 'dinging' only when the skill is activating. You'd think that WG would want to underline that instant dopamine hit with the sound, just like small penny slot wins.

JefeMac #22 Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:14 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11657 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post__Frostbite, on 25 October 2021 - 09:06 AM, said:

People seem to be really confused about this, so I will clarify.

In the past, if the Precision Fire crew skill activated, a special “ding” sound would play and you would see a yellow/orange exclamation point show up next to your damage roll. If the enemy had enough health, your shot would deal maximum damage allowed by the shell. If you hit 3 shots in a row and your 4th also hit, and the Precision Fire skill didn’t activate, you would hear no ding, and you would not get a maximum roll as well.

Currently, it seems like hitting ANY 4 shots in a row consecutively will play a ding on the successful damaging 4th shot, regardless if the crew skill activates or not. The chance of getting the max roll has not changed, the “ding” sound is simply playing much more frequently. I actually haven’t confirmed whether the criteria to get the “ding” sound to play is to hit 4 shots in a row, but the sound is happening a lot more now, and that seems like the logical explanation.

So that’s why the exclamation point shows up sometimes. Never knew there was a sound and of course zero clue on color coded notifications.__

Edited by JefeMac, 25 October 2021 - 11:14 PM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

JefeMac #23 Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:16 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11657 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 25 October 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

I hear it sometimes after the third shot - but TBH I never expect a major roll any time - and base everything these days on a min roll...

Tried my wife’s headphones, guess there’s a few sounds I’ve been missing out on, sigh….

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

Markus_The0 #24 Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:23 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 35952 battles
  • [HOOD]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 25 October 2021 - 04:32 PM, said:

They should revert to it 'dinging' only when the skill is activating.

I agree, that be awesome. After all, what's the point of notifying the player about just another average damage roll?

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

__Frostbite #25 Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:33 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 43172 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 01 November 2021 - 10:23 AM, said:

I agree, that be awesome. After all, what's the point of notifying the player about just another average damage roll?

There isn't. It's a bug, after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BushEnjoyer #26 Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:43 AM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 76870 battles
  • [CRYBB]
didn't notice the bug until i read this thread, and now for two days it's felt like every *ding* is a lie

View Post_YSoSerious, on 03 November 2021 - 10:33 PM, said:

Everything you need to learn from on the forum is already written down eons ago. What's left is a scattering of woe me hobos and wannabe Unis like me. Just do a search on the search bar, and soak up the knowledge from legends who have since moved on to Valhalla. All we can offer you is distilled regurgitation, or worse, incorrect advice.

Learn about HE

Also tagged with Skill, Bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users