• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #21 Posted 14 November 2021 - 06:59 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

View PostJefeMac, on 14 November 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

What EULA has been violated by Phil not violated by others in this thread that warrants a ban? You can’t remove people for being dipshyt a$$holes as we’ve all seen. 

I’ll take a contrarian view (since I’ve not been HE splashed by Phil this time) - when I read the content he wrote, I think he’s right on the $. I stink at lights so I actually found a couple helpful things in his very lengthy prose. 

I also see highly motivated, successful players sick to death of his moronic game play and idiotic rants in game. He tends to come in to the Forum, drop a grenade, evaluate the damage and bug out again. So rather than calling for removal or sanctions for non existent EULA violations on the forum, that time & effort would be more wisely spent bringing his in game, game play violations and chat to the forefront with WG. 

Phil isn’t stupid, and knows the theory behind what should be done in game for the most part.   
   He doesn’t seem to be able to reliably transfer the theory to the game.  

My issue with Phil is his history here has simply default to blaming others than accept game play criticism. 
   As well as generally being insulting in every previous interaction, as well as being extraordinarily toxic in game.   

Hence I have a negative tolerance for Phil.  
     I made two previous olive branch attempts - and as you can see they didn’t work, so I have zero interest in trying again.    

As long as he abides the Forum rules, he’s welcome, but I’m still suspicious of his motivations here.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced

430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

JefeMac #22 Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:13 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 14 November 2021 - 06:59 PM, said:

Phil isn’t stupid, and knows the theory behind what should be done in game for the most part.   
   He doesn’t seem to be able to reliably transfer the theory to the game.  

My issue with Phil is his history here has simply default to blaming others than accept game play criticism. 
   As well as generally being insulting in every previous interaction, as well as being extraordinarily toxic in game.   

Hence I have a negative tolerance for Phil.  
     I made two previous olive branch attempts - and as you can see they didn’t work, so I have zero interest in trying again.    

As long as he abides the Forum rules, he’s welcome, but I’m still suspicious of his motivations here.  

I can certainly say you have made the attempts for sure Cru. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

Phil44five #23 Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34859 battles
  • [VALKY]

View PostPurplet, on 14 November 2021 - 02:30 PM, said:

While I will agree that based on the general consensus, Phil seems like a toxic player. But I have to say, I do agree with what he is saying to a certain degree. Phil started a thread trying to give some helpful advice. He did not instigate anything, besides saying how there is a bias against players that have a career wr below 50%. (which imo I don't particularly care about career wr, I care about 30/60 day). In response Phil did not get an argument against what he posted, but ridiculed on off topic actions. He got attacked for his toxicity, and his skill. While he does seem somewhat toxic, he is not a bad player. Albeit an avg player, but by no means a great/bad player. Nor is he claiming to be from what I've read.

I can understand not liking a player because of a combination of hypocrisy and toxicity (or even just one of those), but it doesn't justify attacking him without being provoked, especially about something not originally in the thread. Granted, Phil did not help the situation with his responses, but can you blame him? Not many people will take a slap to the face without spitting in return.

I'm sorry, but I'm inclined to agree that the responses attacking Phil weren't warranted, needed, nor very nice. Now, this is an online community and I believe people should be a bit more forgiving than they are in real life. Just how people are quicker to be toxic online versus real life.

It makes me a bit sad to find that a person trying to be helpful got these kind of responses, regardless of who they are. As someone said attack the logic and reasoning, not the man.

This is an online gaming community. We should have welcomed and debated Phil's post. If he turned sour from constructive criticism then so be it, call him out on that.

Just my two cents.

Edit: I am toxic. You are toxic. It's a game. Everyone is toxic. But we move on don't we? Because it's just a game 

My dearest Purplet,

Firstly, I love you.  Secondly, Thank you for seeing this forum in a clear light.  Thirdly, BE CAREFUL my man.  As you have seen on this string alone, the good ole boy system is alive and well on this forum.  If you align yourself with me to closely, they will put you in my camp.  Which is to say they don't like my mouth, so they seek to silence it.

As you can see below, JRod believe I should be banned, but still hasn't listened to one thing about this post.  NOT ONE.  He has not commented on ANYTHING to do with light tanks.  Consider for a second Purplet, that JRod and Crusader platoon together, they're buds.  Crusader is a moderator of this forum and is currently grinding his teeth about his previous decision not to close this string.  JRod thinks I should be banned, he's friends with a moderator.  Do you think this has resulted in good ole Phil's banning in the past?  Yes, it has.  When I put forth a formal complaint, this forum said they see nothing wrong with the ban.  Despite foul language from Crusader himself about me.  The guy records videos, then narrates them and posts them on youtube.  I'm so infamous at this point in this circle that my name is on youtube and several other websites.  Think about what kind of person it takes to express all that pent up frustration on a video, with narration, then post it, and repost it on this forum so that they can illustrate my so-called mediocrity.  Although today's 75% WR and 1500 avg D (in at least the first 30 games of the day) is far from mediocre.  But they will say that it's one tiny slice of play compared to career stats which is no different than the videos they have of my games with them.  A few videos is all they have an Crusader was insane enough to include a video in which HE DIES FIRST.  Then blames me for the loss while there were allied tanks alive at the end and we lost by points while 3 players stayed in the same spot the whole game.  

There is no end to their hypocrisy Purplet.  It's a human condition, everyone experiences it.  But when you're really good at something and you are a moderator of a forum about that something, well, then you get to by a hypocrite without any backlash, because they've surrounded themselves by others who do the same.

Consider that this posting is the 69th post on this topic.

Consider that there are only 4 other strings in the General Discussion that have more postings than this one (Nov 12th).

Consider that the same thing happened on my previous posts about helping newbs earn the game.

Consider how amazing of a job I must be doing at creating topics that include a flurry of activity on this forum?? Albeit the other forumers, rarely, if ever have posted about the actual topic at hand.

Consider how much effort collectively JRod, Crusader and to a smaller degree the Jefe posters have spent on silencing me?

All I did was say hey, light tankers, here's a teeny weeny bit of knowledge. And voila, the circus showed up with megaphones the size of an elephant's a**.

I gotta go get back to my game play, I was on a roll before I took a break with that whole 75% WR and 1500 avg D thing.  Haven't picked up a master badge since last night, gotta get back to it.

View Postj_rod, on 14 November 2021 - 03:22 PM, said:

Cru - how many topics have you already locked up from Phil?

I understand what Purplet and others have said but the reality is that Phil shouldn’t even be posting bc based on his history, he should be banned.

_TheKidd_ #24 Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13995 battles
As I have not played with or against phil (that i am aware of) I have no dog in this fight.  However, I have seen his toxicity here on multiple occasions.
I will make two observations though.
1. Although opinionated, I have always found Cru to be fair. I have sided with OMK (gasp) on multiple occasions and never been "lumped in".
2.If the shoe fits, wear it.  If not, just move on, the whining is getting old.

Shaymin_Loves_You #25 Posted 14 November 2021 - 11:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7209 battles
  • [-LUX-]

View PostPhil44five, on 14 November 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

My dearest Purplet,

Firstly, I love you. 

i thought online dating was against the rules. 

Just joking :D

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

AdderaII #26 Posted 14 November 2021 - 11:54 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 34287 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 13 November 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

that’s not what that means at all. A bad player is giving other people advice. This guy needs to follow his own advice and stop being both bad and toxic. then he can come here and preach. 

edit: adderall, do YOU follow the advice of bad players? do you follow the advice of people who don't know what they are talking about?

You are a good player. 
Was OP’s post correct or incorrect?

If it was correct, why bring up the other baggage?

If it was incorrect, then you should have broken down the salient parts and pointed out where he was wrong. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

_Crusader6_ #27 Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:20 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

View PostAdderaII, on 14 November 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

You are a good player. 

If it was incorrect, then you should have broken down the salient parts and pointed out where he was wrong. 

While not VOP, there are some issues with the OP’s post. 
    I personally based on previous interactions didn’t bother with discussion of it due to how previous feedback was reacted to previously. 

I need more tanks...

JefeMac #28 Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:27 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostAdderaII, on 14 November 2021 - 11:54 PM, said:

You are a good player. 

Why do that when you can enjoy endless pages of frustrated players laying their frustrations off over a player who’s only going to continue his toxic ways? Or…..can someone who is good in light tanks (I am not!) dispute the content of his posting? I have noticed no one has really commented on the content, which is sad. 

So glad I have chat disabled. Clearly WG won’t deal w/players like this in game. Not surprising he feels the freedom here to say pretty much whatever he wants with zero accountability or ramifications. This is an online community. The only way to deal with players this toxic is to remove them or ignore them. Trying to educate, illustrate, teach, etc won’t work on this player and that’s been proven repeatedly. However - it is very clear that when he opens his dorito chute, the wagons get circled up and there’s a group here that sees themselves as the moral compass for this forum and they’re not. 

Edited by JefeMac, 15 November 2021 - 05:46 AM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

_Crusader6_ #29 Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:44 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

View PostPhil44five, on 12 November 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

Happy belated Veteran's Day e-warriors!

Your friendly Phil44five here with a few reflections on what I've been seeing lately; An increase in 7-0 butt kickings, an increase players with 1200D being the top scorer on the team and of course an increase in the ever dreaded zero damage player . . .

This post is mainly for light tankers.  And even more specifically, light tankers on tiers 8, 9 and 10.

My biases include the Ru 251, T92E1 and the Leopard 1, which are the three tanks I play most frequently.

Caveats that will save you time: I have 27K games played, most of them in light tanks. I also have a dreaded 48% WR.  I don't care what you have to say about listening to 40%ers, I've seen 68% act like total nubs.  So say what you want but I believe these things to be true . . . 

Here are some things to consider when playing tiers 8-10 in a light tank:

1) Heavies and TDs think of you as a rodeo clown.  Your job, as they will put it, is to run around like a madman and risk taking damage from all directions before any of the enemy tanks are spotted.  This is a great risk to you lightly armored tank.  Do not buy into it.  Play your game and spot when you can.  But, always check to see if the heavies and TDs are in a position to actually support you.  Far too many times they are not in a position to assist you when you're out risking your neck.  Check to see where your friendly heavies and TDs are before spotting.

C6, light tanks have light tank camo - so they don’t lose camo on the move.  They are the best for spotting - period. The Leopard 1 isn’t a light (lightly armored medium yes, but it doesn’t get light tank camouflage- this cannot be played in the same manner. 

2) Unless you're playing in a Dracula, never go alone at the beginning of the match.  For example, the dunes map that has a train running through the center of it, Never go alone to the dunes side at the beginning of the match.  it's just foolish.  You dont' know if you're going to be met by 1, 2, 3 or 7 tanks.  In order to avoid this I use a 3 or more principle.  When lining up at the beginning of the game I will rarely proceed with other light tanks to a secluded side of the map (away from heavy/TD support) with less than 3 tanks.  When you go alone in this fashion, you're asking for trouble and you'll have no support when you need it.  Don't go alone at the start.

Who spots then?   You need to be a spotter - but don’t over extend. Most middling/poor players sit back in a light - or never move once the fighting starts.  The mobility and view range of your tank are the attributes.  
   If you don’t want to play a light - play a TD.  

3) I've been seeing a lot of light tanks sit in one spot and fire, for example at the face of an Emil II, 3, 4 or more times with zero damage.  This is the result of not knowing which medium/heavy tanks and TDs you can actually penetrate with our tiny little light tank canons.  Know thy enemy's armor ratings is fundamental at tiers 8, 9 and 10.  If you are not looking up the armor ratings of tanks you are having trouble with, then you're doing it wrong.  As light tanks our biggest challenge is finding a penetratable angle of impact for our shots.  There are whole websites out there dedicated to revealing this to players.  Find one, investigate the tanks you're having trouble with and stop shooting Emil IIs in the face.  It's useless in most light tanks.

Solid point. Don’t try to engage tanks frontally. No light can afford to do that - just rest camo and be off to a better point. 

4) When playing in the T49, T92E1 and Sheridan series of tanks, your entire style of game play changes instantly.  In a fully kitted out T9 your reload time is around 16 seconds.  That means you are a drive-by expert.  In many cases I maximize my ability to drive a fast, small tank through an enemy line and reserve that big 700D shot for the one weak enemy tank that is a one-shot kill.  With such big penetration in a light tank this is a very lethal principle that I rarely see players use.  The opposite of this would be the fast firing Ru 251 with painfully weak penetration.  When up against a KV4 or a T32 (both with painfully slow turrets) the Ru can literally run circles around this tank and pen their soft sides at the firing rate of 1 shot/ 6 seconds.  Whereas the T9 would be ineffective at taking out that big of a tank because of it's reload time. 

Be careful with circling any tank.   It’s not 2014 anymore - plus while practical at times, be wary of any unspotted reds. They may be waiting to drop an HE on you.   Light tanking is very situational and you can go from Hero to Zero in a fraction of a misplaced movement 

5) When you sit in one spot for longer thang 90 seconds, in a light tank,  you're becoming useless.  There are cases where 2 or 3 enemy tanks may sit out in the open and you can do the fire, duck behind a rock, pop out, fire again, repeat tactic, but for the most part, you should be utilizing the feature of your tank that sets you apart, speed.  Speed to snag a base early on, speed to get behind that fat Obj 704 and speed to run away from a 3 on 1 situation.

Constantly evaluating your position is a requirement of any tank.   If you are in an effective spot - there is no need to move. If you aren’t in an effective spot, you should be getting to one.  

6) A base capture early in the game will give your team more points toward a victory than almost anything else you can do as a light tank.  I see a lot of light tanks wandering around completely aloof to the idea of letting that base work for you for the entire game.  Closely related to this is the radar signal you send to the other team as soon as you sit on a base.  If it's the middle of the battle, say 2-3 mins in, and you sit on a base, you are sending a message to all enemy tanks that there is a stationary light tank sitting on a base and they may come flocking to you like seagulls to bread.  Always consider an escape route.

Arguable. On some maps, yes on some no.   Grab uncontested bases sure, but don’t push to a base and get shellacked.   The better of a player you are, the less cap games occur, read the map and your teams as to what can be appropriate at the time.  

7) Always consider an escape route as a light tank.  Forget about the concept that running is what pu**ies do.  You're a light tank, you're fast and you're made for outrunning the enemy.  In nearly every instance in which i go to a separate side of the map, with only 2 other light/medium tanks, I am constantly looking for what my attack route will be and simultaneously keeping an eye on "Oh s**t, we're outnumbered, I better find an escape route."  It's always on my mind.  I see far too many players who are outnumbered 4-1 and they just stay put and fight it out.  You're a fast tank, accept that it'll cost you 2 or 3 shots in the a** and run. 

Keeping your Gun in the game is number 1.   Don’t however run for the sake of running. Evaluate the situation, can your team hold there? Or is it time to go?   Sometimes running will allow red to wipe out other tanks - where if you had held you would have taken a few down.   

8) When getting behind a turretless TD . . . consider what other enemy players are nearby.  You can't sit behind an Obj or a Foch and take them out without risk, if they enemy has tanks in the area that can respond.  Do this when the TD is separated from the rest of its team, or at the end of the battle when that lazy TD is tucked away all on his own.  Be very careful with the Foch or any fast hull traversing tank, good players will find a way to twist themselves into a position to crush you.

Also remember sides are good too - in a high RoF tank, don’t forget a few track shots can help - but in a Sheridan etc - best just to nail a soft spot and nail out if need be.   Crafty TD drivers will scrape you off and bump you into stuff so you can get escape. You don’t have the weight to push most TD around - so be aware, be very aware. 

9) Stop assuming that other light tanks are going with you.  I see a lot of players bolt out of spawn and go half way across the map and then turn around to realize that no one went with them.  These players often get crushed in < 90 seconds and then blame others on the chat.  This is like learning to cross the road as kids, stop, look and listen.  Look around and see what the others are doing.  Unless you're a unicorn, you can't win this game on your own, you need to have a buddy, especially as a light tank.

Keep in mind what type of light you are.  I rarely care what my team is doing in a Brit light - as I can often Run n’ Gun my way out of a pickle.  Same with the RU (keep in mind your back deck Gun depression limits) where as a Sheridan or T49 with the sundial reload isn’t as flexible in those situations (your alpha can often discourage pursuit especially if they think you have one ready to go). 

10) The number one thing I would impress upon anyone reading this with < 10,000 games is this: If you bought a tank with real $$ and somehow managed to warp yourself from tier 3 to tier 9 and then begin playing at that level, a) you'll probably get smeared, b) you will be dead weight to your entire team and c) in most cases you are actually ruining the game for others who have been playing at high tiers for much longer.  This dead weight factor cannot be underestimated. When you're not familiar with the map, not familiar with your tank, it's armor, how to position it and are shooting the face of an Emil II 3 times in a row, these are signs that you live in nubland and you are single handedly ruining the game.  Please for the love of all things holy, stop playing on tiers that are too advanced for your skill level.

Play what you want.  There are tons of high battle players who are clueless.  One more isn’t going to dilute the gene pool at this point.   
  But keep in mind it is tougher to win in 9-10, so if you are the type of person that may care about stats or think you may at some time, keep in mind it’s harder to turn the numbers in 9/10 and you may want to learn light tanking in 7-8. 

Lastly, light tankers, never forget that the easiest thing to do in this game is to sit in a corner and wait for a little red dot to pop up form 900 meters away and wait for your shooting reticle to calm down and send 1200D down range in one shot.  What takes slightly less skill is sitting in a street in a fat heavy tank and let rounds bounce off of you all day long shooting at whatever comes into your field of view.  We light tanks require finesse and much greater strategic thinking than heavies and TDs.   We have to drive more accurately at rates of speed that are 6 times faster than a heavy.  We are constantly performing evasive maneuvers, constantly putting ourselves at great risk to get a some D while others sit and wait for it all to come to them. The best gamers in THIS game are light tank drivers.  

Maps aren’t that big.   Know your camo values and spotting ranges. 
    Know where your team is, and where red most likely will be.  Your mobility and camo are your life, don’t spend HP foolishly - but don’t be a TD.   The best way to guarantee a loss in a light tank is sitting with your team in a group huddle.  

Just a friendly little reminder from good ole Phil44five.

Now I will await the blog slaughter that is to follow this post  . . .

Nothing like foreshadowing :sceptic:

I need more tanks...

JefeMac #30 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:27 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 15 November 2021 - 12:44 AM, said:

Thinking man’s response,  OUTSTANDING Cru !

_Crusader6_ #31 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:28 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

View PostJefeMac, on 14 November 2021 - 10:27 PM, said:

Thinking man’s response,  OUTSTANDING Cru !

Well I’ll blame you if it goes south ;) 

I need more tanks...

JefeMac #32 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:32 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 15 November 2021 - 03:28 AM, said:

Well I’ll blame you if it goes south ;) 

Hey man- whatever it takes.

Does this mean I can’t count on doing some real time toons w/you to try and get better since I know who to shoot now? Been trying to get the YT CC’s to host something like that, no interest from any of them. 

PS: oh joy - got the “win 10 battles in a light tank” mission, arrrrrrggggghhhhh !

_Crusader6_ #33 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:54 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]
Let’s try to remain on topic. 

I need more tanks...

JefeMac #34 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:56 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]
Ho hum, another fine day here in the NA….

Edited by JefeMac, 15 November 2021 - 04:03 AM.

Phil44five #35 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34859 battles
  • [VALKY]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 15 November 2021 - 12:44 AM, said:

Thank you Crusader for posting the thoughts of a player who continually ranks in the high 60s percentile for WR.  Your opinion is welcomed.

Let's continue discourse on the subject matter of the OP.

Edited by Phil44five, 15 November 2021 - 04:08 AM.

Phil44five #36 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:06 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34859 battles
  • [VALKY]

View PostJefeMac, on 15 November 2021 - 03:25 AM, said:

There’s no need for you to explain anything to me or to justify your actions, I know exactly who and what you are and what you represent. Whether I agree or disagree is immaterial.

I know EXACTLY how this player feels, justified or not. I’ve tried to be very careful (and will continue to do so) to not respond to you to avoid interaction as much as humanly possible.  

Phil - you owe me real $ for getting this player to actually admit the content in your OP is “largely correct.” :D

I can offer proper German beer in a real Haufbrau in Madison, WI. Ping me if you're in the area.

JefeMac #37 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:09 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostPhil44five, on 15 November 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

I can offer proper German beer in a real Haufbrau in Madison, WI. Ping me if you're in the area.

Oh heck yeah ! We are in So Cal thru the holidays - prob headed your way (north) once MLB gets going again. Kid should be starting at AAA in Iowa in ‘22 so we plan to see (Lord willing) a lot of the upper mid west in spring of ‘22. Best kind of beer is free beer right? 

_Crusader6_ #38 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:09 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

Let’s all take a breather.  

I will do my utmost to start fresh here, as Phil has done on this last post.  

I’d ask everyone else to do the same.   
    No more personal attacks.  

I need more tanks...

_Crusader6_ #39 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:13 AM

• Players
  • 90815 battles
  • [III]

View PostJefeMac, on 14 November 2021 - 11:09 PM, said:

Oh heck yeah ! We are in So Cal thru the holidays - prob headed your way (north) once MLB gets going again. Kid should be starting at AAA in Iowa in ‘22 so we plan to see (Lord willing) a lot of the upper mid west in spring of ‘22. Best kind of beer is free beer right? 

You’d never had a buddy of mines Spruce Ale if you think that. 
   Imagine chewing a tree….  

I need more tanks...

JefeMac #40 Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:16 AM

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 15 November 2021 - 04:13 AM, said:

You’d never had a buddy of mines Spruce Ale if you think that. 
   Imagine chewing a tree….  

Ewwwww. kinda did that as a wildland firefighter a few times, not fun, especially when blackened by fire……:D

Edited by JefeMac, 15 November 2021 - 04:17 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users