Jump to content


I was right. We will remember 8.5

8.5 credits pls fix

  • Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

wrecker1968 #41 Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:08 PM

    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

  • Players
  • 60788 battles
  • 3,225
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 November 2021 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well 8.5 is definitely joining two other updates to be part of the big three…

2.8 

3.8 

8.5 


Remember it will all solve itself with time 

 WG has a history of cutting arteries and throwing tiny band-aids on them to try to alleviate the problem.

 Example. How long did it take for them to fix 3.8?

 Remember when they gutted the tier 10 mediums?

 How about the grille?

 I'm sure you remember a lot more than I do.

 And they never fixed 5.5, Because that definitely did created some long term issues.

 It's a company that is Looking looking for for more profit. Don't fool yourself, the outcome will benefit their profit line.

  Time? More like they will take their time to see what they can get away with.

 



whatzup22 #42 Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4026 battles
  • 1,555
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 November 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

Well 8.5 is definitely joining two other updates to be part of the big three…

2.8 

3.8 

8.5 


Remember it will all solve itself with time 

what happened in 2.8 and 3.8?



_Crusader6_ #43 Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:49 PM

    St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

  • Players
  • 90910 battles
  • 20,505
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postwhatzup22, on 18 November 2021 - 08:24 AM, said:

what happened in 2.8 and 3.8?


2.8 was the first economy ‘fix’.  
    It wasn’t terrible for some tanks, but you use to be able to pull in 60k in the IS-7 with a decent game with premium time. 
 It also raised the 183’s and several Td’s credit coefficients which was a terrible idea.  
 

3.H8 was the equipment system we have no but with sparse parts and timers. 
   Probably the worst update ever in terms of involved though.  
 

There have been a bunch of other bad updates (great med nerfing, the heavy HP buff’s etc) but imho these three (2.8, 3.8 and 8.5)  had the least thought into the affect on the  player base. 
 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced
 
430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


Shaymin_Loves_You #44 Posted 18 November 2021 - 02:39 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7213 battles
  • 1,582
  • Member since:
    02-07-2021
Is wargaming high?

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

 


Lmsd123 #45 Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50409 battles
  • 433
  • [JFGF]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
NA is a small server, what’s the feedback from the RU server on the 8 .5 game earnings.  No provisions, consumables, premium ammo, premium time make a little bank. It’s a good thing that the long term players are sitting on huge reserves of credits and boosters and will be able to continue their play style. The new players will still be at a disadvantage and not stay with the game 

Shaymin_Loves_You #46 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7213 battles
  • 1,582
  • Member since:
    02-07-2021
I remember playing back at t4, It took me around 200 battles to get enough credits to buy crusader. and around 300 to get  t6

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

 


BlazingLegend #47 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10473 battles
  • 35
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2020

I can normally accumulate credits regardless of tier, but now after 10-20 games in 9-10 games it more or less stayed the same if not decreased. Im still trying to save for the E5, I guess right now the only way to reliably net positive on credit is spam T8 premium again with a premium account. 

 

I sure hope the feedback gets through WG soon and this is adjustedm



JefeMac #48 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:28 PM

    Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

  • Players
  • 11598 battles
  • 2,452
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 November 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:


2.8 was the first economy ‘fix’.  
    It wasn’t terrible for some tanks, but you use to be able to pull in 60k in the IS-7 with a decent game with premium time. 
 It also raised the 183’s and several Td’s credit coefficients which was a terrible idea.  
 

3.H8 was the equipment system we have no but with sparse parts and timers. 
   Probably the worst update ever in terms of involved though.  
 

There have been a bunch of other bad updates (great med nerfing, the heavy HP buff’s etc) but imho these three (2.8, 3.8 and 8.5)  had the least thought into the affect on the  player base. 
 

As someone who has also been here from the beginning, the absolute outrage over 3.H8 became unbearable for me when the issue was elevated to the buffoon WG CEO who looked like he was drunk on vodka and could not grasp what the issue was and worse - did absolutely nothing to change it for years. 
 

Wish I could describe my spending on Blitz as a “small” fortune, yet this is how loyal, paying customers are treated. 
 



 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”
 


twirlingtowardsfreedom #49 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:49 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38200 battles
  • 1,322
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

View PostLet_Go_Brandon, on 18 November 2021 - 12:01 AM, said:

I shoot pramo to flex on the poors.  Their salty tears are the spice of my life.

 

Truly the sole silver lining of 8.5, I'm not to proud to admit that I missed reading the 'gold spammer/prammo/p2w' whining and flailing comments in battles. They'll be back with a gold-era vengeance!

 

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 November 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

3.H8 was the equipment system we have no but with sparse parts and timers. 

   Probably the worst update ever in terms of involved though.  
 

 

Think it takes the overall prize as it was the most equal-opportunity disaster. New players would never be able to grind enough parts, and first-era players like us were somehow not given enough parts for every darn slot we had taken the time to grind and pay for. Just remarkably tone deaf of a decision.



ZebraUp #50 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:54 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 31135 battles
  • 2,766
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
Which update was the Great Nerfing® of the lower tiers?

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

 


MRIGGS2345 #51 Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16976 battles
  • 125
  • [OLD_G]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2020

View PostLmsd123, on 18 November 2021 - 03:32 PM, said:

NA is a small server, what’s the feedback from the RU server on the 8 .5 game earnings.  No provisions, consumables, premium ammo, premium time make a little bank. It’s a good thing that the long term players are sitting on huge reserves of credits and boosters and will be able to continue their play style. The new players will still be at a disadvantage and not stay with the game 

 

Out of curiosity I went to the RU discord and did a few translations.  Seems to be much of the same.



EL_Din_46 #52 Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:27 PM

    Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

  • Players
  • 23331 battles
  • 2,443
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    05-13-2019

View PostLmsd123, on 18 November 2021 - 07:32 AM, said:

NA is a small server, what’s the feedback from the RU server on the 8 .5 game earnings.  No provisions, consumables, premium ammo, premium time make a little bank. It’s a good thing that the long term players are sitting on huge reserves of credits and boosters and will be able to continue their play style. The new players will still be at a disadvantage and not stay with the game 

 

I just spot checked RibbleStripes 8.5 RU thread using Safari Translate. Before the update there was a lot of talk about selling ammo, after the update “In short, it turns out that you can only play on premakh! Everything else you get into the red! There are no words!” and similar comments. Not that much difference from here, except they don’t seem to have a Frostbite.

 

Steam’s RU community hasn’t discussed it at all, but Steam forums don’t usually do deep dives into this stuff anyway, 

 

But it was only a spot check and both Google and Safari pretty much fall apart when they run into game slang. 

 

 


Edited by EL_Din_46, 18 November 2021 - 05:41 PM.

 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire


_Crusader6_ #53 Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:53 PM

    St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

  • Players
  • 90910 battles
  • 20,505
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostEL_Din_46, on 18 November 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

I just spot checked RibbleStripes 8.5 RU thread using Safari Translate. Before the update there was a lot of talk about selling ammo, after the update “In short, it turns out that you can only play on premakh! Everything else you get into the red! There are no words!” and similar comments. Not that much difference from here, except they don’t seem to have a Frostbite.

 

Steam’s RU community hasn’t discussed it at all, but Steam forums don’t usually do deep dives into this stuff anyway, 

 

But it was only a spot check and both Google and Safari pretty much fall apart when they run into game slang. 

 

 


Some of the RU posters are also on the NA Discord - and several folks have double checked with them and others -- the ire is fairly common across all the regions.

 

 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced
 
430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


_Crusader6_ #54 Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:54 PM

    St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

  • Players
  • 90910 battles
  • 20,505
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostZebraUp, on 18 November 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

Which update was the Great Nerfing® of the lower tiers?


5.5

   While some didn't like it, some like me thought it was fantastic.

 

3.H8 and 8.5 seem to be the only two updates where the player base is utterly unified that it was TERRIBLE.

 

 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced
 
430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


BushEnjoyer #55 Posted 18 November 2021 - 06:09 PM

    ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

  • Players
  • 76811 battles
  • 4,805
  • [CRYBB]
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

View Post_Crusader6_, on 18 November 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

 the only two updates where the player base is utterly unified that it was TERRIBLE.

 

 

 

even the invisible tank update was funny enough/fixed quick enough as to not get lumped in with the other infamous updates. 


View Post_YSoSerious, on 03 November 2021 - 10:33 PM, said:

Everything you need to learn from on the forum is already written down eons ago. What's left is a scattering of woe me hobos and wannabe Unis like me. Just do a search on the search bar, and soak up the knowledge from legends who have since moved on to Valhalla. All we can offer you is distilled regurgitation, or worse, incorrect advice.

Learn about HE


Handsome_Squidward_ #56 Posted 18 November 2021 - 06:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 999 battles
  • 1,778
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

Blitz on Facebook: 

Quote:

 ℹ️We appreciate your feedback on the credit economics changes in Update 8.5. We do see the criticism around those changes and we'll be considering all your opinions to make a deliberate decision. However, we need some time to analyze everything.
While playing, please keep in mind that earning medals actually boosts your credit income a lot now.

 

So. That doesn’t look great. 


    WoT PC Defector


EL_Din_46 #57 Posted 18 November 2021 - 06:33 PM

    Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

  • Players
  • 23331 battles
  • 2,443
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    05-13-2019

On Discord RibbleStripe added “Share your examples of after-battle credit income in <their Discord server’s Economy Changes channel>.”


Edited by EL_Din_46, 18 November 2021 - 06:33 PM.

 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire


Frostbaka #58 Posted 18 November 2021 - 06:36 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 43074 battles
  • 3,821
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

Positive and I plan to do some testing on Saturday. Like I said, early estimates are that non premium tanks got their credit coefficients cut nearly in half, while non premium tanks didn’t have their coefficients sliced by as much. Again, not fully confirmed yet, but that’s what it looks like so far.

 

WG did look at low tiers as a model for high tier changes, which is really indicative of using the wrong data to support their changes. In low tiers, non premium shells and repairs may easily be 50% or more of the cost of running a tank—consumables cost significantly less, the tanks don’t get access to special consumables, and there’s only 2 provision slots available for 3% buffs, not 10% buffs. In high tiers, non premium shells and repair costs are only like 20-30% of the cost, yet some tanks got their credit coefficients nerfed significantly more than needed to. But like I said, only “some” tanks. Premium tanks seem to have made off somewhat well, estimates on their credit coefficients is that they were only nerfed slightly. Which means that these changes weren’t made fully out of ignorance, as some of us have concluded. If WG really did want to reign in the free to play players and the people that aren’t constantly spamming premium tanks in battle, then it would make sense for them to do what they have done. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


junaluska7 #59 Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:11 PM

    _persona non grata_

  • Players
  • 27171 battles
  • 619
  • [RDZ10]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

Just as a matter of observation, I read some of the YouTube comments below the attached YouTube video in Ribbles 8.5 thread late yesterday, after stopping by here first.  Wasn’t familiar with any of the commenters but just about everyone of them were sounding enthusiastic about it.

 

I’m not putting any sort of stock in them or anything by any means, but I was wondering at the time if WG is reading them as well and thinking they speak to some degree of validation for this update.


Just as a curious aside, they appeared to be several days old and perhaps prior to the actual update.


 

 

 

ruffseas #60 Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 270 battles
  • 370
  • [ROH]
  • Member since:
    01-16-2015

View Postjunaluska7, on 18 November 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

Just as a matter of observation, I read some of the YouTube comments below the attached YouTube video in Ribbles 8.5 thread late yesterday, after stopping by here first.  Wasn’t familiar with any of the commenters but just about everyone of them were sounding enthusiastic about it.

 

I’m not putting any sort of stock in them or anything by any means, but I was wondering at the time if WG is reading them as well and thinking they speak to some degree of validation for this update.


Just as a curious aside, they appeared to be several days old and perhaps prior to the actual update.

Yeah, prior to the actual implementation of the update, most comments I saw on the different sources, YouTube channels, discord, reddit, etc were positive save the few veterans who were cautious or ringing alarm bells. I had an inkling this wasn't going to be good because during the last modes marathon I was grinding out some tier 7 TT tanks and trying to use my Matilda Black Prince as a bankroll and could not manage half the credits I used to. Had to bump up to the good ole Panzer IVs and Dicker Max to bankroll the tech tree grinds.


Bring back the ingame forum link!

 

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”Robert Wilensky





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users