8.5 credits pls fix

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

little_brother_of_war #61 Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:05 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 26403 battles
  • [AGILE]
Am I understanding this updated credit economy correctly, in that if you don’t have any credit boosters installed, you can’t make credits at all? Still trying to figure it all out… :amazed:

Old cowboy saying...

”Yep...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Fortune cookie proverb...

”Face facts with dignity.”

Giddy up there, Buckeroo’s and Buckerettes!   :B  

Lmsd123 #62 Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50409 battles
  • [JFGF]

You have to change your play style to a new free to play player:

no camo

no provisions 

no commodities 

no pramo 

no premium tank( ftp)

no premium time( ftp)

This sounds like it’s going to be so much fun, that is what we’re her for fun.

You want be of much help to your team( normal), you won’t win much ( normal), you want make many credits to get new tanks and will then be able to come on forum an whine about all the pay to win, pay to preform better players.

Whats the next step WG , strip your loyal long time players of their skills to make it more fair  for new players.

How can you develop a complex, exciting game that’s survived for 7.5 years and not understand how to actually make it better.

_Crusader6_ #63 Posted 18 November 2021 - 10:10 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 92418 battles
  • [III]

What is worse is now all sort of clown are holding fire on enemies - cause they want a kill to get a top gun etc. 

Play is now at the worse possible level I have seen in years.   

1) Increase in yolos - no repair fees 

2) increase in trolls - no repair fees. 

WG should rework the economy to reward good play. Not reward absolute hamsters.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 533 tanks in Garage:  541/549 Played Tanks Aced

448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

LGB_FJB_FWG #64 Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:15 AM

Provocative Communicator

• Players
  • 65039 battles
  • [UKCUF]
Let the poors eat cake.....
Let's Go Brandon.   

slayer_____ #65 Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:29 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 45526 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostHandsome_Squidward_, on 18 November 2021 - 01:43 AM, said:

I guess I lucked out.  I saw a post on Facebook about the update time and dumped all my ammo prior to the update.  Made 3 million credits.

good for you. Meadsy posted a short blurb on how  did it. I missed the actual server time which aggravated me. 

Markus_The0 #66 Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:26 AM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 36509 battles
  • [HOOD]

Concern with 8.5:

There is a very big concern with 8.5's economy changes that I think we should also bring to the forefront. I think giving extra credits for the top gun medal is a mistake. It promotes getting kills too much. Kills are integral to games, but should not be elevated (in people's minds and in rewards) over other team needs. YOLO'ing for kills, waiting to fire on low HP tanks that really need to die now, and focusing on kills over other winning tactics could very well become an everyday (or every other battle) occurrence.

Possible Solution:

We should give extra credits only for completing tasks that always push your team closer to victory. Aces and Kolobanovs seem like pretty safe options for that. Maybe even throw in first class medals (or possibly second and third if WG chooses to balance income that way?). Let's award more for higher level masteries than for lower class masteries, though.:medal: Make aces even more sought after and totally lucrative!

Edited by Markus_The0, 19 November 2021 - 06:28 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

tedg5 #67 Posted 19 November 2021 - 01:44 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 70971 battles
  • [AGOGO]

My careful assessment of the new economy: It Sucks.

Im average player, I would say negative earnings tier 7 and up 80% of the time. Not much fun, though like others here I have such a war chest built up I won’t run out of coin for an awful long time. 

WTH WG? :facepalm:

_Crusader6_ #68 Posted 19 November 2021 - 03:57 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 92418 battles
  • [III]

Ribble posted an update on the Blitz Discord 

@here

Hi, tankers! Thank you for your feedback on the new credit economy changes. We analyzed your opinions and gathered initial statistics. Here’s our action plan for the next week:
⚡ The credit coefficient for 30+ researchable Tier VIII-X tanks will be increased. According to our stats, these vehicles' credit income is too low, especially when you use consumables and provisions. We will make adjustments to these tanks accordingly.
⚡ Extra credits for each Mastery badge. This way the amount of credits earned will depend more on your battle efficiency.
⚡ Extra credits for the High Calibre medal. This way you will receive more credits for doing a great job dealing damage and destroying enemies in battles.
⚡ The amount of credits you receive for the Top Gun medal will be slightly decreased.

These measures will enable effective players to earn more credits.

The credit economy changes in Rating Battles, tournaments and other game modes are still being analyzed. We don’t have enough data to make decisions for these battle types yet.

We’re also still evaluating the changes to the credit economy for high tier tanks and may need to make further adjustments: either increasing or decreasing credit income, pending the results of our analysis.
<#909117768379564052>

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 533 tanks in Garage:  541/549 Played Tanks Aced

448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

twirlingtowardsfreedom #69 Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38323 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 19 November 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

@here

Hi, tankers! Thank you for your feedback on the new credit economy changes. We analyzed your opinions and gathered initial statistics. Here’s our action plan for the next week:
⚡ The credit coefficient for 30+ researchable Tier VIII-X tanks will be increased. According to our stats, these vehicles' credit income is too low, especially when you use consumables and provisions. We will make adjustments to these tanks accordingly.
⚡ Extra credits for each Mastery badge. This way the amount of credits earned will depend more on your battle efficiency.
⚡ Extra credits for the High Calibre medal. This way you will receive more credits for doing a great job dealing damage and destroying enemies in battles.
⚡ The amount of credits you receive for the Top Gun medal will be slightly decreased.

The credit economy changes in Rating Battles, tournaments and other game modes are still being analyzed. We don’t have enough data to make decisions for these battle types yet.

We’re also still evaluating the changes to the credit economy for high tier tanks and may need to make further adjustments: either increasing or decreasing credit income, pending the results of our analysis.
<#909117768379564052>

It's a start, thanks for posting over. I'd rather see credit awards for first, second or even possibly third mastery badges than top gun though, it's much more abuse proof.

The fact that they have to give a credit reward for high caliber rather than just the algorithm rewarding you for doing that much damage is a bad indicator though.

Edited by twirlingtowardsfreedom, 19 November 2021 - 04:03 PM.

9696Mattman #70 Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30766 battles
  • [FORD1]

Was this change only to VIII to X?

I was playing tier VII yesterday and I had negative credits for a win (low damage but a win).  Note that I typically only  run camo and consumables with premium time.  I don’t remember this in the past

Does the 30+ researchable tanks mentioned above all the tanks in VIII-X?  The number seems low to me.

WG really screwed the pooch this time.

wrecker1968 #71 Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:47 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles
How many times have you been on a team and could tell it was a losing team in the 1st minute (more like 1st 20 seconds). They need to think about how to Make a credit incentive for the players that make an honest effort on a losing team. Otherwise there will be more AF k's and Yolo's on the losing teams to just move on to the next game and hope for a winning team.

EL_Din_46 #72 Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:12 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Post9696Mattman, on 19 November 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

Was this change only to VIII to X?

I was playing tier VII yesterday and I had negative credits for a win (low damage but a win).  Note that I typically only  run camo and consumables with premium time.  I don’t remember this in the past

Does the 30+ researchable tanks mentioned above all the tanks in VIII-X?  The number seems low to me.

WG really screwed the pooch this time.

In Update 8.2 there were ammo, repair and coefficient changes made in tiers 1-5. Some of these changes extended into some Tier 6-7 tanks. Update 8.5 applied those changes to all tiers, so tier 7 was included. The announcement of the 30+ tank quick fix that will happen next week said it would only apply to tiers 8-10, leaving 7 out. 

Leaving 7 out of the quick fix doesn’t make sense to me and is hopefully a typo in a quick announcement. I expect an announcement when the fix is available that may clear things up. 

{This post was delayed by snark removal}

Edited by EL_Din_46, 19 November 2021 - 09:45 PM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

captking #73 Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3337 battles

All this update did was make the Tech Tree Tanks less desirable....  Garbage Money and outshined by the prem Tanks....O well....LOL....

Blitz Die Repeat till the prem runs out then off to something else...LOL

Edited by captking, 20 November 2021 - 12:27 AM.

Ronin_23 #74 Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:14 AM

Bot

• Players
  • 29508 battles
  • [TENET]

Remember how we had that event some time ago wherein we could trade credits for event points? (For prizes like the coin galaxy profile background my account now sports) Now they come here and make credits that much harder to come by. Players seemed to like that event for drawing down their massive treasuries... Maybe they could have just added some of those benefits into a new permanent shop tab. I know how much WG likes the shop mechanic.

After most updates I come back here to check in on how things are going and it's nothing new. Predatory business model. Free to play is truly a cancer on the gaming industry beneath its veneer of being "accessible" to everyone. Take me back to the early 2000s. 

Markus_The0 #75 Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:00 AM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 36509 battles
  • [HOOD]

I suggest we all take a moment to closely study Ribble's Discord post. He's got some very interesting details on how and what credit income adjustments are going to be made. There's actually some great progress starting to be made to overcome 8.5's difficulties. One thing I can already applaud is WG deciding to give extra credits for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class masteries. That change, along with other adjustments, will be coming about a week from now.

:medal::coin::great:

Edited by Markus_The0, 20 November 2021 - 01:02 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

_TheKidd_ #76 Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14008 battles

View Postwrecker1968, on 19 November 2021 - 08:47 PM, said:

How many times have you been on a team and could tell it was a losing team in the 1st minute (more like 1st 20 seconds). They need to think about how to Make a credit incentive for the players that make an honest effort on a losing team. Otherwise there will be more AF k's and Yolo's on the losing teams to just move on to the next game and hope for a winning team.

They already have this. It is called Valiant Effort.

Shaymin_Loves_You #77 Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7218 battles
  • [-EVO]

View Post_TheKidd_, on 19 November 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

They already have this. It is called Valiant Effort.

The thing that applys when you yolo into the enemy team?

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

whatzup22 #78 Posted 20 November 2021 - 05:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4206 battles

View PostDroodles_Little_Noodle, on 20 November 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

The thing that applys when you yolo into the enemy team?

nah i think its when you do well but the team sucks. its cool when u get more xp than the reds even tho u lose

JefeMac #79 Posted 20 November 2021 - 05:30 AM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11899 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 19 November 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

@here

<#909117768379564052>

As someone who has here been since launch, this without question, is the most expedited response with initial steps to remedy the mess they’ve created that I’ve EVER seen from WG. 

Cru - I spent an hour trying to figure out where Ribble is on Discord. Can you post a hyperlink right to that specific post rather than the Discord Server? My gosh that main page is terribly hard to read/scroll/search thru 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

EL_Din_46 #80 Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:37 AM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [MOD3]

View PostJefeMac, on 19 November 2021 - 09:30 PM, said:

Cru - I spent an hour trying to figure out where Ribble is on Discord. Can you post a hyperlink right to that specific post rather than the Discord Server? My gosh that main page is terribly hard to read/scroll/search thru 

https://discord.com/channels/481445776178806785/501823922749308939/911261030435409970

(i have a time zone advantage, so I might as well….)

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users