8.5 credits pls fix

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

wrecker1968 #81 Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:29 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles

View Post_TheKidd_, on 20 November 2021 - 04:18 AM, said:

They already have this. It is called Valiant Effort.

How often do you get valiant effort on a losing team when you fight hard? Less than 10% of the time for me. That's not a incentive to fight hard every time you know your going to lose.

__V_O_P__ #82 Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:01 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 71427 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postwrecker1968, on 20 November 2021 - 08:29 AM, said:

How often do you get valiant effort on a losing team when you fight hard? Less than 10% of the time for me. That's not a incentive to fight hard every time you know your going to lose.

so partly a lack of skill thing thing and partly a lack of moral fiber thing rather than a game thing then? Got it. 

wrecker1968 #83 Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:44 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles
Moral fiber, that's funny coming from you. Someone with moral fiber would not try to to knock people down on the forum when he disagreed with them. GOT IT.

__V_O_P__ #84 Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:57 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 71427 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postwrecker1968, on 20 November 2021 - 10:44 AM, said:

Moral fiber, that's funny coming from you. Someone with moral fiber would not try to to knock people down on the forum when he disagreed with them. GOT IT.

Moral fiber is the quality of being determined to do what you think is right”

come on wrecker if you’re gonna argue at least make it fun. 

__V_O_P__ #85 Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:37 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 71427 battles
  • [LAP]
played my first game in the new 8.5 credit meta. I mastered the t92 5 kills 5.3k damage. Here's what I noticed... of my 130k credit profit 120k came from the medals. What this means is that premium time is now pretty worthless for credit making. I generated 31k without premium and 46k with it (and then would have incurred about 35k of losses from consumables et al). WG will have to address this, otherwise why invest in premium time... if it increased the value of the medals, fine... but if it doesn't then it has to increase the credits earned by more than 50%.

Edited by __V_O_P__, 20 November 2021 - 04:40 PM.

Markus_The0 #86 Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:51 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 35833 battles
  • [HOOD]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 20 November 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

played my first game in the new 8.5 credit meta. I mastered the t92 5 kills 5.3k damage. Here's what I noticed... of my 130k credit profit 120k came from the medals. What this means is that premium time is now pretty worthless for credit making. I generated 31k without premium and 46k with it (and then would have incurred about 35k of losses from consumables et al). WG will have to address this, otherwise why invest in premium time... if it increased the value of the medals, fine... but if it doesn't then it has to increase the credits earned by more than 50%.

I do think that WG would like to continue to sell premium time, so I bet we'll continue to see economy balance changes that will make premium time more of a commodity again. Thanks for sharing that example, _V_O_P_.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

tpcshadow #87 Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46462 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostLmsd123, on 18 November 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

NA is a small server, what’s the feedback from the RU server on the 8 .5 game earnings.  No provisions, consumables, premium ammo, premium time make a little bank. It’s a good thing that the long term players are sitting on huge reserves of credits and boosters and will be able to continue their play style. The new players will still be at a disadvantage and not stay with the game 

Its not the population of the server, but the revenue from the server.  I wonder what the NA profit is like compared to other servers?

_Crusader6_ #88 Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:30 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 90717 battles
  • [III]

View Posttpcshadow, on 21 November 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

Its not the population of the server, but the revenue from the server.  I wonder what the NA profit is like compared to other servers?

Previously WG had confirmed that NA was the largest revenue provider for Regions, by a significant margin. 

NA generally has more disposable income, and more kids with parents credit cards.

So between the old wallet warriors and the young ones, NA sinks a pretty penny due to our immediate gratification life style. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced

430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tpcshadow #89 Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46462 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 19 November 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

Ribble posted an update on the Blitz Discord 

@here

Hi, tankers! Thank you for your feedback on the new credit economy changes. We analyzed your opinions and gathered initial statistics. Here’s our action plan for the next week:
⚡ The credit coefficient for 30+ researchable Tier VIII-X tanks will be increased. According to our stats, these vehicles' credit income is too low, especially when you use consumables and provisions. We will make adjustments to these tanks accordingly.
⚡ Extra credits for each Mastery badge. This way the amount of credits earned will depend more on your battle efficiency.
⚡ Extra credits for the High Calibre medal. This way you will receive more credits for doing a great job dealing damage and destroying enemies in battles.
⚡ The amount of credits you receive for the Top Gun medal will be slightly decreased.

These measures will enable effective players to earn more credits.

The credit economy changes in Rating Battles, tournaments and other game modes are still being analyzed. We don’t have enough data to make decisions for these battle types yet.

We’re also still evaluating the changes to the credit economy for high tier tanks and may need to make further adjustments: either increasing or decreasing credit income, pending the results of our analysis.
<#909117768379564052>

This just seems to bolster my belief in WG’s incompetence.  We’re constantly told how much data they store, track, and use to balance tanks and the game in general.  But this change just shows that is complete nonsense.  With such big change, they could have easily taken game outcomes from a couple of weeks and performed a “what-if” analysis of what the earnings changes would do to the game economy. This should be SOP for any big change.

It shows what many have suspected for a while that WG is blindly making changes and seeing what happens instead of data driven decisions. 

_Crusader6_ #90 Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:36 PM

• Players
  • 90717 battles
  • [III]

View Posttpcshadow, on 21 November 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

This just seems to bolster my belief in WG’s incompetence.  We’re constantly told how much data they store, track, and use to balance tanks and the game in general.  But this change just shows that is complete nonsense.  With such big change, they could have easily taken game outcomes from a couple of weeks and performed a “what-if” analysis of what the earnings changes would do to the game economy. This should be SOP for any big change.

It shows what many have suspected for a while that WG is blindly making changes and seeing what happens instead of data driven decisions. 

Very few of WG’s people actually play the game. 
   The guy beside Alexandra on the NA stream thought an E5 with the Rebel legendary camo was an M60…

You can have, and examine, a lot of data, but if you aren’t playing the game, you don’t know how to correctly interpret the data. 
   So it becomes garbage in —> garbage out.  

The fact they didn’t understand that the credit coefficients being lower in 8-10, and access to more and more expensive consumables and provisions would render the low tier model absolutely worthless is really disconcerting.   

The other aspect they didn’t factor in, was there is no financial penalty now on game for trolling, in fact trolls will make money due to no repair costs.   

Inept at best.  

I need more tanks...

DontGiveABleep #91 Posted 21 November 2021 - 06:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 858 battles
  • [CMIND]
Well after playing a couple hundred battles under this latest update in both pub and ratings, in only tiers 9-10, I have been able to hold steady on my credits level. I am utilizing premium time, rarely shoot prammo, and have 2-3 provisions set up on all tanks. No credit certs being used either. Mostly I have used tech tree tanks. A great game and I might net 5,000 credits, but usually I am a couple thousand under/over. Using a premium tank I can get 10-20k credits in a good game. These numbers are what I was getting if I didn’t have premium time on, so yes I can’t gain like I used to without premium. If not using premium time, one will definitely be in the red most every battle.

Edited by DontGiveABleep, 21 November 2021 - 06:50 PM.

Lmsd123 #92 Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50409 battles
  • [JFGF]

View Posttpcshadow, on 21 November 2021 - 01:13 PM, said:

That wasn’t the point of my post.  I’m fully aware that NA server has more disposable income. I was wondering how the server with a largest number of players felt about the 8.5. WG has ran off hundreds of NA big spenders with their antics, I’m glad they really care about NA.

captking #93 Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3337 battles
Has anyone notices the Negative Progressive Credit Earnings.... Basically,  the more damage you do the less you earn? 

Name Damage Pen Hits Ammo Cost Prov/Cons Cost Total Shots Pen Hit % Cost Per Shell AVG damage per Pen Total Credits No PREM Cred Per Hit Cred Per DMG
Tort 792 3 0 9900 7 43% 0 264 6984 2328 9
Tort 1922 9 0 9900 14 64% 0 214 11043 1227 6
Tort 4059 15 0 9900 16 94% 0 271 17676 1178 4

Prem Tanks do this,  just on a larger scale,  between 25 down to about 19 depending on tank and tier...

I have looked over all the documentation on how credits are determined and NOTHING talks about a negative progressive earning variable.....

ruffseas #94 Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles
  • [ROH]

View Postcaptking, on 21 November 2021 - 05:40 PM, said:

Has anyone notices the Negative Progressive Credit Earnings.... Basically,  the more damage you do the less you earn? 

Yes, since the economy change my big damage games are paying out far less than before, middling games tend to go negative while some really poor performances netted a small gain.

Bring back the ingame forum link!

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”Robert Wilensky

JefeMac #95 Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:18 AM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 20 November 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

Premium Time worthless now, hmmmm good time to initiate a new way to play; become a monthly subscriber so (with even MORE credits and XP) we can grab your $ every month whether you play or not…..

Edited by JefeMac, 22 November 2021 - 06:20 AM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

Frostbaka #96 Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:19 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 43007 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postcaptking, on 21 November 2021 - 05:40 PM, said:

Name Damage Pen Hits Ammo Cost Prov/Cons Cost Total Shots Pen Hit % Cost Per Shell AVG damage per Pen Total Credits No PREM Cred Per Hit Cred Per DMG
Tort 792 3 0 9900 7 43% 0 264 6984 2328 9
Tort 1922 9 0 9900 14 64% 0 214 11043 1227 6
Tort 4059 15 0 9900 16 94% 0 271 17676 1178 4

Prem Tanks do this,  just on a larger scale,  between 25 down to about 19 depending on tank and tier...

I have looked over all the documentation on how credits are determined and NOTHING talks about a negative progressive earning variable.....

It’s almost certainly due to premium shells. Most likely, you are shooting “too much premium” in order to make credits. It’s extremely difficult to shoot any premium shells and make credits, because the game doesn’t reward you for basically anything anymore. You earn so few credits at Tier 10 that if you’re shooting more than 1 premium shell for every 10 normal shells fired and damage dealt for them, it’s impossible to make credits. That “premium to normal” ratio of shells can vary between tanks, but it used to be that someone could fire like twice the amount of premium and still make credits, assuming they were penning their other shots and making damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JefeMac #97 Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:24 AM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11586 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 21 November 2021 - 05:30 PM, said:

Previously WG had confirmed that NA was the largest revenue provider for Regions, by a significant margin. 

NA generally has more disposable income, and more kids with parents credit cards.

So between the old wallet warriors and the young ones, NA sinks a pretty penny due to our immediate gratification life style. 

Guilty….

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

otirruborez #98 Posted 22 November 2021 - 07:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2660 battles

View Post__V_O_P__, on 20 November 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

to be fair 16k is 50% of 31k. that's what premium does.

imagine playing 10 games making 31k.

now imagine 10 games making 46k.

that is a huge difference. 50% difference.

if you're a gift to gods green earth and get that many medals every game, then premium time is probably not worth it for sure and this patch will have increased your earnings 5 fold.

this patch is amazing for bots and amazing for the top couple players in the world. not too great for everyone else, but premium time still helps...

the problem wg faces is that everyone that had premium time before this patch got tons of money. nobody ever used gold to convert. EVER. people shot prammo like it was free. nothing mattered. people got 600k from mad games. they went too far, but it can't be how it was before from their perspective. only bots and freeloaders suffered and they ended up quitting losing more potential(from the bots) cash flow.

Edited by otirruborez, 22 November 2021 - 07:56 AM.

_Crusader6_ #99 Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:46 PM

• Players
  • 90717 battles
  • [III]

View Postotirruborez, on 22 November 2021 - 02:37 AM, said:

to be fair 16k is 50% of 31k. that's what premium does.

imagine playing 10 games making 31k.

now imagine 10 games making 46k.

that is a huge difference. 50% difference.

if you're a gift to gods green earth and get that many medals every game, then premium time is probably not worth it for sure and this patch will have increased your earnings 5 fold.

this patch is amazing for bots and amazing for the top couple players in the world. not too great for everyone else, but premium time still helps...

the problem wg faces is that everyone that had premium time before this patch got tons of money. nobody ever used gold to convert. EVER. people shot prammo like it was free. nothing mattered. people got 600k from mad games. they went too far, but it can't be how it was before from their perspective. only bots and freeloaders suffered and they ended up quitting losing more potential(from the bots) cash flow.

The very top players lose out as well.  Unless they play non meta tanks and farm aces. 
   It’s just a terrible method and the fact WG allowed stupid levels of credit abc exp generation in idiot modes for years without dealing with it speaks volumes to their understanding of the game. 

I need more tanks...

Rou_Garou #100 Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:22 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]

The push to pay is full scale on imo.

Premium and collector copies of tech tree tanks that are much stronger rendering TT useless.

New lines that require silver to grind that you can't earn by playing.

Credit Coefficients adjusted so that only premium users can earn.

Every OP premium tank available for sale within a 6 month period(sarc, cuz I don't really know)

I can enjoy the game still. I am tank hoarder rich but if you are grinding lines and new tanker.

I feel for those guys.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users