New player looking for a clan of older guys whose discord I can borrow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dwm042_nJon #1 Posted 23 November 2021 - 02:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles
  • [OLDZ]

I platooned with Posit1ve_ this weekend and it was pretty fantastic. A small number of good tips, easy to say perhaps but challenging to do.

That said, one of his tips was to try and talk my way into the discord of a good group of older players. His suggestion was TRIARII, but looking

at the clan stats on Blitz Stars, I'm like a mouse in a tall man contest at a circus in terms of actually joining.

I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't DM on my blitz account..TRIARII officers are not hard to find here but.. :/

so the best I can do is post in public here. I do have a clan and I am grateful they added me, but they're not active enough on clan chat to really help.

Any comments appreciated.

A note: I did contact peteG45 of OLDS2 on discord and I have spoken with him. Newbies, he is a nice guy and if you're older, someone you should try and chat with.

Dwm042_nJon

PS - what is the phrase? I am older than dirt. Old enough to have played PanzerBlitz when it was being sold in Dillard's.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 23 November 2021 - 02:38 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 38240 battles
  • [_V_]

Just for your information when it comes to Triarii recruitment: there are no statistics requirement. They have a lot of other clans besides just [III], which is the main clan. They may have a competitive branch, but the clan family is a social clan.

To be recruited to the clan, you have to hang out with them and be socially active on their discord server. You also should follow their values, which are mostly embodied through respect, education of the game and in general, and equally contributing for the community.

I highly encourage you to join their discord server, they have very active voice chat rooms and an active text chat. You can ask as many questions as your heart desires, the community there is very helpful and will especially appreciate giving back to people who are earnestly trying to learn and improve in this game that we all do love (and hate from time to time). You don’t need to even display interest in joining for a while if you don’t want to or feel uncomfortable. 

Their link is: https://discord.gg/triarii

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwm042_nJon #3 Posted 23 November 2021 - 02:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles
  • [OLDZ]

Thank you, I am on the discord. But you won't see me as Dwm042_nJon. I'll be there as Oboe. I wish I could rename to my game name but that seems impossible there.

Dwm042_nJon

Droodles_Little_Noodle #4 Posted 23 November 2021 - 03:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2233 battles

View PostDwm042_nJon, on 23 November 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Thank you, I am on the discord. But you won't see me as Dwm042_nJon. I'll be there as Oboe. I wish I could rename to my game name but that seems impossible there.

Dwm042_nJon

The first clan I joined was F20. We were active every day of the week. till our clan lead just left. I only saw him once after that...

I hope the clan's doing well. 

Also, do you play the Oboe ?

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have.

__Frostbite #5 Posted 23 November 2021 - 03:16 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 38240 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostDwm042_nJon, on 23 November 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

Dwm042_nJon

There’s two ways to rename yourself on Discord.

First of all, you can rename your actual username, or it’s possible to set a nickname for someone on a server specifically. For the Triarii server, you’re not allowed to change your nickname, a moderator has to do that for you. All you need to do is just ping a Mod that’s online from the right hand side, and put down your in-game name and current clan.

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

Dwm042_nJon #6 Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles
  • [OLDZ]

View PostDroodles_Little_Noodle, on 23 November 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

The first clan I joined was F20. We were active every day of the week. till our clan lead just left. I only saw him once after that...

I hope the clan's doing well. 

Also, do you play the Oboe ?

No, I played trumpet back in the day. I have just enough testosterone to have gone that way. My BFF is also a trumpet player. These days he makes lots of money in IT and writes novels on the side.

But oboes are just cool. Sound great and all. 

D-

Dwm042_nJon #7 Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles
  • [OLDZ]

View Post__Frostbite, on 23 November 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

There’s two ways to rename yourself on Discord.

First of all, you can rename your actual username, or it’s possible to set a nickname for someone on a server specifically. For the Triarii server, you’re not allowed to change your nickname, a moderator has to do that for you. All you need to do is just ping a Mod that’s online from the right hand side, and put down your in-game name and current clan.

A mod did it for me, for which I'm grateful.

Dwm042_nJon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users