• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

tankist22 #1 Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 65470 battles
  • [MSTRY]

... turning back is loss.

Once your team start moving, keep moving and pushing. In some cases, yes, a light red pest needs an attention, but other than that, keep pushing and your win is more to happen.

thenerfdude #2 Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:26 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 38391 battles
  • [_AUS_]
Yep, never run into your enemies momentum!

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Download my coloured map mod!

__Frostbite #3 Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:10 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 38240 battles
  • [_V_]

If I'm running a heavy tank that can bunker down, I will usually turn around and hold down a position if I think my teammates are set up behind me and aren't just pushing forward. I would rather keep the enemy in one place so that my team can wrap around them and get shots off from lots of angles. Also, the positioning is key: often times the enemy will not be set up in a good position when they push into my heavy tank. They will be on the rotational aisle and I'm already set up. You really need to have support though, or the enemy may just shrug off the 1-3 shots you put out and envelop you.

The problem is, I don't usually run heavy tanks, so I usually will have to keep going in an attempt to get to the enemy's flank. Even when I'm playing a TD, I won't usually turn and hold unless I see heavy tanks acting as a buffer between myself and the reds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdderaII #4 Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:24 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 30926 battles
  • [OGRE]
I've had some battles where the two teams run 'ring around the rosey' until one team catches up with the tail of the other team and hilarity ensues.

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

JefeMac #5 Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7911 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostAdderaII, on 24 November 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

I've had some battles where the two teams run 'ring around the rosey' until one team catches up with the tail of the other team and hilarity ensues.

Marco…….Polo……

The only bad questions are the ones never asked, the only bad ideas are ones never considered.

originalmadkilla #6 Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:49 PM

Infamous Troublemaker

• Players
  • 17545 battles
  • [OMK]

View Posttankist22, on 24 November 2021 - 01:21 AM, said:

... turning back is loss.

Once your team start moving, keep moving and pushing. In some cases, yes, a light red pest needs an attention, but other than that, keep pushing and your win is more to happen.

Yes, in most cases that is true.:playing:

Just the other day I was on a team that was heading towards caves (I forget the name of that map, but everybody knows which map I'm talking about) and so far everything was looking good, and then an enemy tank was spotted in the middle of the map and the entire team abandoned all plans and tunneled and turned around and went heading towards the one enemy that was sighted. The enemy tank was obviously just a scout and bait and the entire team fell for it. 

As soon as my team abandoned their plans to go caves, I immediately parked my tank and left the match as I had something better to do for the next 3 or 4 minutes.:justwait:

Player_0000000007 #7 Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:16 PM

Theorist of Dubiously Coincidental Events

• Players
  • 34083 battles
  • [RISK]

Will add that at some point, it is wise to stop, dig in, and "fortify". The enemy is bound to keep circling around the map till they find you.

You may even luck out if they attack piecemeal; scouting lights/meds may rush ahead and be the first to make contact. If your team is set up to defend, that's a lot of guns they'll face.

Anni is more overpowered than missiles were...will it get removed, too?

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Rou_Garou #8 Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:23 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [OP-4]

I agree in most cases, but it always seemed to me that if you dig in, they will come and you are situated in good defensive positions.

Seems to be a bigger chance of not being prepared to fight without any handicaps.

But getting anyone to hold is near impossible so I go with the flow.

Edited by Rou_Garou, 24 November 2021 - 11:25 PM.

tedg5 #9 Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:37 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 64233 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Hey go to...hey look something shiny. (Or possibly red on the minimap). :arta:

AdderaII #10 Posted 25 November 2021 - 04:40 AM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 30926 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostPlayer_0000000007, on 24 November 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

Will add that at some point, it is wise to stop, dig in, and "fortify". The enemy is bound to keep circling around the map till they find you.

You may even luck out if they attack piecemeal; scouting lights/meds may rush ahead and be the first to make contact. If your team is set up to defend, that's a lot of guns they'll face.

Yes, but the problem is not everyone will dig in. 
Some will, some will keep moving and some will catch the other teams tail and ‘so long’ to any hope of a coordinated attack or defense. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

Droodles_Little_Noodle #11 Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2233 battles
Lemming trains go brrrrr

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have.

__V_O_P__ #12 Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:35 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 62541 battles
  • [LAP]
Can’t say I’m too fond of blanket rules (except for don’t go town on middlesburg). It really is situationally dependent. Sometimes stopping is better because you can secure a better part of the map (Yamato med Side, caves blackgoldsville, river port bay etc). Sometimes it doesn’t matter so much.

Edited by __V_O_P__, 25 November 2021 - 06:35 PM.

Player935 #13 Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 56480 battles
  • [TOMB]

Imagine being badly damage by hard to target spot on the turrent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users