Which tank to choose from blitzcup freebies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

594qr5pshx #1 Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13831 battles
  • [PK41]
Which tank should I choose from; Caernarvon Action X, Centurian Mk 5/1, or the Progetto 46? I like heavies but the progetto looks fun? Any suggestions/advice?

Outlaw_1000 #2 Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33339 battles
  • [501ST]
That's a tough call, as any of those tanks will be a great tank to have. They are all great in their own ways. The Progetto has a very dangerous auto reloader gun that has strong burst potential with 3 shots in a clip. It also has decent mobility, but not much armor. Hull down you might get some lucky bounces. If you know the maps well, and have decent situational awareness it will do great. The Cent 5/1 is also one of the best meds in game, many seem to underate it. The turret is rock solid, and the frontal hull is tough and will get bounces even from big guns especially when using a bit of gun depression. The Action X is a great heavy, and used correctly and put in the right situation can be one of tier 8's strongest heavies. It has great dpm, and the tank works best hull down. It will also get alot of troll bounces on the frontal hull. You really can't go wrong picking any of these 3. I guess it all comes down to, if you want a med or a heavy. 

generalhonks #3 Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:20 PM

Aim High

• Players
  • 10748 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I chose the Cent 5/1, as I already had the Prog. The Action X and the Cent have very similar alpha, dpm, and gun depression. Both have very good turret armor. The cent has good hull armor for a med and is decently quick. The Action is slower, has more hull armor and dpm. If you’re a fan of little guns that can do lots of damage over time, choose the Cent or Action based on whether you play heavies or meds the most. The Prog is very unique, as it has a active auto reloading gun. It has decent mobility, and troll turret armor (but nowhere near as good as the other two). It can be very dangerous in the right hands. The gun awards it an extreme level of versatility on the battlefield, with the ability to change from single shot to a clip fed gun. As you said you like heavies, maybe the Action X is a safe choice. As for the Cent, think of it like a mini Action X, smaller and less dpm, but faster. The Prog is a unique and fun choice but it may not be for everyone.

“He who serves his fellows is, of all his fellows, greatest.”

- E. Urner Goodman

Card holding member of the medium tank mafia.

whatzup22 #4 Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3857 battles
low skill: actionx
mid skill: cent
mid-high skill: prog

_BobaFett #5 Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:47 PM

Math is just multiplying everything by one.

• Players
  • 18857 battles
  • [DOOMD]
The Progetto is probably the best pick, but you say you like heavies, which means you'll probably be most comfortable in the CAX. That's what I'd go with.

Edited by _BobaFett, 27 November 2021 - 12:47 PM.

Bad players blame MM.

Good players blame bad players.

Great players blame themselves.

Popcann #6 Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16681 battles
Had my mind made up to pick up the RAAC, as I have a need for armor at this point. Then started thinking, I’m miserable in the actionX, and prolly same in the RAAC, so I went ahead and have the progetto , gave it a spin and won first match. Much prefer the bigger alpha. Somethin about those pew pew guns I can’t get down.

___ImUrHuckleberry #7 Posted 28 November 2021 - 06:14 AM

I need ammunition, not a ride.

• Players
  • 17745 battles
Getting the RAAC thanks to the streaming, I now have all three. I like them all and the Progetto is probably the best bang for the buck, but having the armor+ workable speed is just fun AF. As it stands, the 5/1 is way better than the CAX, and just as good as the progetto IMHO.

TiredOfWinning #8 Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 817 battles

View Postwhatzup22, on 27 November 2021 - 12:31 PM, said:

low skill: actionx
mid skill: cent
mid-high skill: prog

So, ActionX then.

If I could get one - I'll be 20 cups short.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users