Kranvagn and my thoughts on it. (Contains comparisons with WOT)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

T_Player_2481470104 #1 Posted 19 December 2021 - 04:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3269 battles
  • [T1000]

I know that im not the most qualified person to write this, but ever since I came back to Blitz a few weeks ago ive felt that the Kranvagn is a bit lacking. By lacking I mean these certain points:

1. Gun depression: 9º is a joke, most tanks at T10 get this and it puts the Kranvagn in a bad spot, the hull down capability was Its strong point but 9º is the average at T10 these days, I belive that a buff is needed in this area. Compared to WOT where the Kranvagn has 12º it feels a lot better to play and is one of the main reasons I left blitz to keep playing WOT. 12º would be better fiting for its hull down strong point.

2. Mobility: 30kph? Really an E100 does that speed and that wall of steel weighs more than twice as much. In WOT the Kranvagn did an easy 40kph on soft ground and 50kph on hard ground. Blitz is supposed to be a fast paced game but with this tank going so slowly it feels like its not actually meant for the game.

3. Autoreloader? Ever since I started playing blitz a bit more than 1.5 years ago, I heard rumors of other tanks coming to blitz, like Swedish tanks. At the time I played a lot of WOT and fell in love with the Kranvagn (3 Shot Autoloader with 12º of gun depression, Post 2018 Version) And when I heard that there would be swedish vehicles in the future I got excited and started playing blitz. When the Kranvagn finaly released in blitz I grinded up the line and found that the Emil 1 was very good, the Emil 2 was a bit lackluster compared to its predecesor and when I finaly reached the Kranvagn I felt disapointed, Thought that it would be that tank that I had loved for so long in WOT but it turned out to be a disapointment. By Febuary 2021 I had stopped playing and went back to WOT where I kept haing fun with the Kranvagn hoping that it would be changed some day. Now that I come back to blitz I see that it is still the same so below I will post a list of changes I would like to see in the Swedish heavy line.

What I would want to see:

- Improved gun depression for Emil 2 and Kranvagn; from 9º to (11º or 12º;)

- Improved mobility; 30kph to atleast 40kph.

- Autoreloader changed into a Autloader; 3 shots, 2.7 sec Inter, 400 alfa damage, 24 sec reload.

- Aim time; Improve stock aim time by about -0.75 sec.

Conclusion:

I think that these changes would improve the kranvagn and make it a more competitive vehicle but also make it more part of blitz as a more fast paced heavy tank, this would laso help move away from the passive meta as people would be more confident pushing in.

Edited by T_Player_2481470104, 19 December 2021 - 04:13 AM.

daREAL_trainboi #2 Posted 19 December 2021 - 04:33 AM

The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

• Players
  • 16084 battles
  • [PRD]

How about no.

I personally think Blitz did the right thing by subverting our expectations of the Kran and turning it into a compact super heavy-thing. It’s it’s own unique tank subclass, with no hull armor, a fantastic turret, bad mobility but with the super speed boost, and a versatile auto reloader. I personally think the turret traverse nerf was not needed but nevertheless it’s still a solid vehicle. The only buff I would give it is maybe a slight mobility buff to top speed or power to weight.

TLDR: Blitz isn’t PC, deal with it.

Edited by daREAL_trainboi, 19 December 2021 - 04:34 AM.

T_Player_2481470104 #3 Posted 19 December 2021 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3269 battles
  • [T1000]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 19 December 2021 - 01:33 AM, said:

How about no.

I personally think Blitz did the right thing by subverting our expectations of the Kran and turning it into a compact super heavy-thing. It’s it’s own unique tank subclass, with no hull armor, a fantastic turret, bad mobility but with the super speed boost, and a versatile auto reloader. I personally think the turret traverse nerf was not needed but nevertheless it’s still a solid vehicle. The only buff I would give it is maybe a slight mobility buff to top speed or power to weight.

TLDR: Blitz isn’t PC, deal with it.

Yeah, I know blitz isnt WOT PC but I do agree with you on the mobility part, It feels wierd to have a tank that weighs 40 tons and takes 1 min to get into position while same tier heavies like the t110e5 can get there in  half the time. 

tedg5 #4 Posted 19 December 2021 - 01:32 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 66948 battles
  • [AGOGO]
It’s fine as is, we don’t need an over-powered autoloader. :playing:

KempBushThe3rd #5 Posted 20 December 2021 - 03:13 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 23663 battles
  • [MAPLE]
The tank was just nerfed a few updates ago because it was so dominant in comp, and it's still a very strong heavy tank. Plus, we do a lot of things differently in Blitz. Prammo does less damage, tanks have less alpha at tier 10, the BatChat is a light tank without the same devastating clip potential as on PC, tanks like the Yoh and Ho-Ri don't exist on PC, autoloaders have longer intraclips, and many other things. If you want to play a normal autoloader on a hull down tank with a bajillion gun depression, just stick to PC. "Oh, it's not the same as PC, it needs a buff" is nowhere near an adequate justification for buffing a vehicle.

Bafh29 #6 Posted 09 January 2022 - 12:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16867 battles
  • [SMH]
I think it got power crept, I got one and unless my team is good, I usually lose. Cant pen nobody unless I use prammo. lose a lot of silver w that one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users