wot wotb blitz spawn game spawning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Admiral_Kipper2 #1 Posted 31 December 2021 - 06:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3585 battles

Hello,

Just as a suggestion, there should be an option to chose where to spawn. From my experience, the current spawn locations depends on your tank type and is only somewhat random. If WG were to allow players to chose where to spawn before a game starts, they could support their team/flank better and have a better chance of winning. A counter argument to this could be that they make maps and flanks imbalanced. I say this is not true. For example, say I spawn close to the beach on Normandy as my Jagdtiger, and I instead want to do to where the D and C bases are, I would have to drag my 75 ton [edited] up hill at 19 km/h. By the time I get to the D/C cap, I'm late and my team either has pushed through, or got destroyed, and I still haven't helped my team in any way. Sure the game balances the amount of players on each spawn point, but often players don't push the flank they spawn closest to, all it does is cause a slow tanks a lot of time trying to get to the flank they want to push. If we were allowed to choose where to spawn, it would save the heavy tank / TD players a lot of pain trying to get to their flank at 20km/h (or less).

Thanks for your time.

(Sorry no impressive stats or funny images for signature)

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 31 December 2021 - 08:09 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [K9]

I don't know. I think maps are too small and games are to quick for this to work.

It really will only take you an extra 5-10 seconds to get to the action. I don't ever have a problem getting into a fight in a slow tank.

Cool idea, but I don't think its necessary.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

Meat_Locker #3 Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:16 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 70655 battles
  • [TOWN]

We’d be waiting forever for people to make such a relatively minor choice or the game would just slap ‘em in after the timer anyhow.

Also, it would be a poor use of coding resources although that hasn’t stopped them before. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 01 January 2022 - 10:16 AM.

tedg5 #4 Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:04 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 70122 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I too get annoyed by being as far from the optimum direction as possible in a sloooow tank. It’s like WG decided to troll you for driving that t95. ANyway, I don’t think giving more options to the average player base of this game is the right choice. Most seem to be adept at making very poor choices as game progresses, I don’t think them getting a head-start on the nubbery would be helpful. :harp:

whatzup22 #5 Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3957 battles
this might be frequently utilised by tournament and organised groups, but would almost never make an impact in random battles

La_rainbow_glama_llama #6 Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2784 battles
  • [RWND]
I think its a great idea

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 25 February 2022 - 04:43 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 23746 battles
  • [III-C]
And spawn direction as well!